markl Mod for Denon AH-D5000 (With Pics!)
Feb 18, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #287 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
andrew, i imagine it would be tough to reverse your mod. I mean its easy enough to bend something, but getting it back to its original state can be problematic, no?

Why? It bends both ways, there are some springy metal rods inside the headband.

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #288 of 295
I need a suggestion, guys.

Where would I find a 1/4" thick sheet of soft foam with holes to allow air to pass? If you've opened the Denon phones and looked at the foam rings inside, foam just like that would be perfect.

I went to my local arts/crafts/hobby store and no dice. Would Wal-Mart or Target have something like this?

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #289 of 295
Home Depot or Lowes may be a good place to check.

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #290 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where would I find a 1/4" thick sheet of soft foam with holes to allow air to pass? If you've opened the Denon phones and looked at the foam rings inside, foam just like that would be perfect.

I went to my local arts/crafts/hobby store and no dice. Would Wal-Mart or Target have something like this?

campmor

3/8" closed foam camping mat. cut the holes yourself with a small hole punch (or a scissor.)

edited: target/walmart may have a similar product. I must shamelessly plug the local outlet of camping...
PM me your address (i lost it) and i'l send you a square foot or 2. i have loads of that for padding messenger bags.

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #291 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Something like ...

Air Pillo Cushioning Comfort Insoles

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #292 of 295
Markl, Ace Hardware stocks a product called Flanders Natural Aire for about $2. It's an air conditioner filter. It only comes in 1/8" thick sheets but can easily be doubled-up. It'll let a lot of air through, but may be too loose for your intent.

Also, I once did a sound dampening experiment with my speakers and bought both closed cell and open cell foam. Both looked identical, but the open cell foam definitely lets air through. If you blow though a piece you'll see what mean.

Master Carr has a ton of open cell foam products, just do a search on their website. Perhaps product number 86375k212 or 86375k222 might do? They have super fast delivery. I couldn't find any with holes as you requested, but open cell may work just as well?

McMaster-Carr

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #293 of 295
What, has this exciting thread not been alive for months
confused.gif

Am i missing a new thread or something else?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back