Mark Levinson is a fan of GoRedwings19!!!!
Dec 5, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #76 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
You stuck me in oddities?????? Oh I can't get it to work told you I was lame with computers

This is completely OT...but who's your favorite of the Final Fantasy X composers? I'm a Hamauzu > Nakano > Uematsu person myself (from favorite to least).
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #77 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Your statement about how much richer you are because of us, blah, blah, blah. It doesn't work for me. I guess it got lost in the translation. By the way, it's great having my own folder but the only connection to me is that I attended that meet. Of course you wouldn't know it from the pics.

Maybe he thought and try and sweetalk you so you forget about the hp-1's!!!!!!!! Gs you are one sneaky soldier
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #79 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
This is completely OT...but who's your favorite of the Final Fantasy X composers? I'm a Hamauzu > Nakano > Uematsu person myself (from favorite to least).
biggrin.gif

It's a tough one to call. Obviously I found out about the music from playing FF10 on the psx2. It is my favourite game of all time and so I bought the game soundtrack. There are a lot of good tracks on there. But the piano collections from ff10 are really something special. I put this on after a hard day at work. So I probably would have to say hamauzu is my favourite. I mean how do you just have a piano and keep my attenion!!!!

Don't worry about being off topic. Have you not noticed on all the threads that end it is my username after them. That is because I am probably OT!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #82 of 109
tyrion said:
Quote:

Maybe he thought and try and sweetalk you so you forget about the hp-1's!!!!!!!! Gs you are one sneaky soldier
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE

That will never happen. I can be bought, however.

I thought you were outta town?

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #83 of 109
Quote:

I thought you were outta town?

We came back a day early. My daughter forgot her history books and began to freak out a little about all the school work she had to do for Monday. We were only a couple of hours from home, so we came back early.

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:32 AM Post #84 of 109
Quote:

We came back a day early. My daughter forgot her history books and began to freak out a little about all the school work she had to do for Monday. We were only a couple of hours from home, so we came back early.

Funny that when I forgot my history books I never freaked out ! Oh yeah I forgot your daughter is clever and I am stoopid and just want to spend the rest of my like mucking about with headphones and hi fi stuff.
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:37 AM Post #85 of 109
Quote:

Funny that when I forgot my history books I never freaked out ! Oh yeah I forgot your daughter is clever and I am stoopid and just want to spend the rest of my like mucking about with headphones and hi fi stuff.
tongue.gif

I'm with you. My daughter, on the otherhand, is a pretty good student and actually does her work. I have to encourage her, she wants to be an orthodontist. I figure my only way of getting gear like yours is if she buys it for me in about 12 years.

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #86 of 109
Quote:

I'm with you. My daughter, on the otherhand, is a pretty good student and actually does her work. I have to encourage her, she wants to be an orthodontist. I figure my only way of getting gear like yours is if she buys it for me in about 12 years.

You could make a start by selling one of her kidneys....She has two anyway....

Sending the grado platinum tuesday. Monday I have to go to a wedding so can't post it to you.

Dec 8, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #87 of 109
I have spent the last four days continous with the ML combo and it has revealed me some shocking truths. One of them devestated me as I really like it but can't justify it. Read on!!!!!

1. Earmax Pro anniversary= This amp has really impressed me. It IS better than the EMP. But given the fact it's twice the price of an EMP and 4 times when it's used then I will not be keeping it. It's a shame really as it beats the EMP with its bass performance. The main reasons why I won't be keeping it is because with the HP-2's it is terrible. There is a claimed 7x gain over the standard EMP but there is no way this is the case. The grace 901 with the hp=2's simply sound better than the EMP anniv. Also the only one input and one output seriously hampers this amp in my case. But it makes the senns 600 come alive like you have never heard it before. Truly magical. It is the only amp I have owned and heard which makes the senn 600 this good.

2. Grace 901=This amp is a lot better than what people give it credit for. The volume control is crap but the hp-2's really sing with this amp. I ran the senns 600 + hp-2's at the same time. The hp-2's sounded better with more mid range than the hd600's. I think this is great amp with a lot of features which makes up for the volume control shortcomings.

3. RS-1's= No matter what this is THE headphone for me. Whether I used the EMP anniv. or the grace 901 this headphone really blew me away. I tried all my headphones with the ML combo and this is the one I used most. Most headfiers don't like it because of the colouration and lack of soundstage. Well I am fortunate to own a cd combo which has the most detail, warmth, pace, soundstage I have ever heard and these qualities are passed on to the RS-1's. Therefore in light of my opinions I am selling off all my headphones beside the RS-1's and the hp-series at the moment. I have hopefully secured another "super" headphone but they have not arrived so I cannot compare to the RS-1's. But when it arrives I will compare it to the RS-1's and whichever is better for me then I will downgrade to a one phone system.

4. no 31 transport= This is really special. How do I know? I connected up the tri-vista sacd player and used that as a transport. It was really good and impressed me. Using the 30.5 dac for decoding duties, it really opened the tri-vista to a new level with its redbook performance. But it was still behind the 31 transport. It lacked that final detail and therefore sounded duller than the 31 transport. Not to mention that 31 transport remembers every programmed playlists I have entered into it. But best of all, when I listen to a live recording, I am there in the audience. Scarily real.

All these comments and opinions are all IME+IMO. These only apply to me. But already I am considering upgrading the dac to 30.6 status. This was the last dac that ML ever produced. Best thing is I can upgrade the 30.5 to it. Woudln't like to guess the cost tho!!!
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #88 of 109
Quote:

It's a tough one to call. Obviously I found out about the music from playing FF10 on the psx2. It is my favourite game of all time and so I bought the game soundtrack. There are a lot of good tracks on there. But the piano collections from ff10 are really something special. I put this on after a hard day at work. So I probably would have to say hamauzu is my favourite. I mean how do just have a piano and keep my attenion!!!!

Don't worry about being off topic. Have you not noticed on all the threads that end it is my username after them. That is because I am probably OT!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the crazy world of Video Game Music Collectors
icon10.gif

If you liked those OSTs, i recommend diving into the older FF soundtracks. Like FF3,4,5,6 arrangements or Piano Collections. Imo, Uematsu lacked seriously in the latest FF... his peak performance was 10 years ago.
Then again, there are other composers like Mitsuda and Sakuraba.
Hope you find something you like. (then i can tell my brother that someone on ML stuff listens to videogamemusic too... in his opinion i am crazy to run NES soundtracks over a belcanto
icon10.gif
)

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #90 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
What are these 'super' phones you're getting?

PS-1's?

I would like the ps-1's but hopefully I should be getting the sony R-10's and see how that works in my system. Although I must admit the qualia headphone is starting to intrigue me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back