Mark Levinson is a fan of GoRedwings19!!!!
Dec 1, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #17 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
holy cow ......................

it weighs the same as one. The dac needs a seperate power supply. It is regulated and feeds the dac and I can understand why but this is in a 3meterX3meter room!
blink.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #18 of 109
Interesting, I didn't think the ML gear would sound like the TriVista either. Just how much of a step up in sound quality do you think it is?

Dec 1, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #19 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
....But here's something to make you laugh. The dealer forgot to ship it with manuals and more importantly the power plug for the UK and also the commuinications cable. I can't even turn on the DAC as I don't know how....

While I can't help you with the power plug or the communications cable, you might want to download the manuals at the following links:

http://www.marklevinson.com/products...ap&prod=no30-5

http://www.marklevinson.com/products...t=cd&prod=no31

That gear looks fantastic, man!

b.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilkin
Interesting, I didn't think the ML gear would sound like the TriVista either. Just how much of a step up in sound quality do you think it is?

I don't know how to describe it. I can compare maybe. It's like I thought the tri-vista had more musicality than the DCS combo I have. But the ML is in a totally different league. It is the best I have ever heard. I haven't heard every single make and model but I have heard linn cd12, naim cds2+xps, dcs delius/purcell (I own one), Mu-fi tri vista sacd (I own one), Cyrus cd7+chord dac version 2 (I use to own one), Art V2 cd player and many more. I use to go every week to my friends hi fi shop.

But most of all it's not the name (yeah right) or the build, but it is very warm, very musical yet without sacrificing detail. Emotion, passion it possesses it. I have always heard about the ML brand but it always struck me as analytical and uninvolving. Not to mention I could never afford one. But when I first stuck in a cd this afternoon. I was captivated. I am not bothering with the wadias because they might be better at detail, this goes the same for meitner. But it is the musicality of this cd player which really floats my boat. And the fact I got it really cheap. Cheaper than the UK by about $3000-$3500 equivalent. Cheaper than the US 110v version. I did this by looking in the US for a 240v version. No audiophille would buy a different region cd player and then using a voltage converter. It degrades the sound quality. Yet the dealer couldn't shift it in the US. So I made an offer below his asking price and he accepted. But I got unlucky and had to wait two weeks for it to arrive. I already paid for it 2 and a half weeks ago. Bax global recieved on the 18th Nov. Didn't bother shipping it until the 21st. Arrived in the UK on the 23rd and was held by Bax global which is only 6 miles away from me for a further 6 days.

But after listening to the player it was worth it. Can't justify the money? If you are ever in the UK then I invite you to take a listen. Of course this is all just my opinion and I can't make people believe it is the best I ever heard. But to me it is. Kind Regards

Dec 1, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #21 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
While I can't help you with the power plug or the communications cable, you might want to download the manuals at the following links:

http://www.marklevinson.com/products...ap&prod=no30-5

http://www.marklevinson.com/products...t=cd&prod=no31

That gear looks fantastic, man!

b.gif

Thanks for the compliments. I have gone to the link you gave and have downloaded the manuals. I have had to stick the power supply on it's side because it needs a right angle power plug and I don't have any of those!!!!! So I just plugged in a ordainary plug in. I'll take a pic of the power supply on it's side and post it later. It looks stupid as hell though.

Dec 1, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #25 of 109
Quote:

GoRedwings19 said...

It's like I thought the tri-vista had more musicality than the DCS combo I have. But the ML is in a totally different league.

And that is what it's all about, IMO. Thanks for the description. I'm perfectly satisfied w/ my NuVista for my headphone system. But if I ever save the money to build a great speaker system, I'll definitely audition this ML gear to use as the source. Congrats on finding your dream source, gotta be a great feeling.

Dec 1, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #27 of 109
bah broken pic links for me.

Dec 1, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #29 of 109
Quote:

I did this by looking in the US for a 240v version. No audiophille would buy a different region cd player and then using a voltage converter.

... So I made an offer below his asking price and he accepted.

LOL. I did the exact same thing. Except the seller was from Singapore but tried to sell it on Audiogon.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
holy cow ......................

it weighs the same as one.

You must have paid more for the shipping than the gear then, right?
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #30 of 109
Quote:

But at the moment it's kicking ass for the lord.

LOL, that is one of my all time favorite movie lines.
cool.gif

That ML line is built like a tank.
It should give you many years of service.
(it's a shame they don't build them like that anymore.)

Great find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back