Marantz HD-DAC1
Jan 21, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #632 of 1,283

It's because your songs in the playlist have the same samplerate and/or bitdepth. If the samplerate between songs changes then the relais (the clicks)  kicks in to adjust the dac.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #633 of 1,283
I got my Marantz Dac1 coming in next week. Sold my Rega Dac, Rega Brio, will sell my Burson Soloist SL too....all for the sake of convenience which is what I appreciate more nowadays than ultimate sound fidelity. Looking forward to it.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #635 of 1,283
I have not found a solution to the front port which is a bummer. The whole point of the front port is to use a standard lightning to usb a cable and to fix the sync you need to use a usb b cable to camera connection kit.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #636 of 1,283
Glad to report Marantz have a new unit ready out of the oven: http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20151104_728760.html

If I had a pair of KEF LS50 I would have love to buy this, but for now I will stick with my DAC-1 and TH900.

Apologies, have been off-line for a while, so replying to an older post.

As much as I would trust Marantz, if anyone, to get this right, the amp audionewbi refers to is some form of Class D. I would seriously suggest some extensive listening before buying. Class D technology IMHO is likely where 1-bit CD players were at the start. Great theory, but the post-amp filtering will need a couple more decades of refinement.

Off course I haven't heard it yet, so maybe it's not too bad anymore. My opinion above is based on general tech development observation, where the first generation new tech is great theory, implementation needs a lot more R&D.

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #637 of 1,283
Very positive review on the new Marantz HD-AMP1 amp...
smily_headphones1.gif

http://andreweverard.com/2015/12/21/review-marantz-hd-amp1-is-a-classic-in-the-making/

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #640 of 1,283
I have the Marantz HD-DAC and love it.  Question: I want to use the DAC only on the Marantz into the MicroZOTL2.  The Marantz guide asserts that you should use variable (control volume from Marantz) out, and not fixed-out (control from MicroZOTL) when going to amps. Which one will maximize the Marantz DACs full potential into the amp?  Thanks.  

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #641 of 1,283
Has anyone tried plugging in an external HDD? I tried to plug in last night but got an error saying "Unsupported format". So I did a format to FAT32 but still haven't checked it yet. Anyone?

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #642 of 1,283
I`m a little confused with charging my ipad with the front port of the HD-DAC1..

When the unit is OFF and still charging ipad (yellow light "on") . After charging, the unit does not go into stanby mode and yellow light remains lit even after ipad charged at 100%. Isnt the unit supposed to go into stanby mode (red light "ON") after fully charging the IPAD?

i have the Marantz set to  "auto standby" mode .     

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #644 of 1,283
  Maybe the HD DAC isn't smart enough to know if the iPad was charged fully. Mine stays that way too.

well , i tried leaving the unit "ON" with no activity while charging.  Also "standby" mode set to "on" while charging. After the unit sees no activity it will shut itself off after 30 minutes and continue to charge until IPAD is at 100 %.Then it will set itself into standby mode (red light on).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back