Marantz HD-DAC1
Mar 5, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #647 of 1,280
Just quick question? 
I just ordered A little dot Mark 4 SE tube amp. I plan on using the HD-dac1 as a DAC for the tube amp. My first time messing with this feature, meaning just as a DAC. The manual says NOT to connect a power amp to the "fixed output". I should use the variable out put. So what? set the tube amp pot at a fixed level and use the Marantz to adjust the volume? What would give me the best SQ (I will experiment to find out but I am curious what anyone else......
[/quote]

I'm interested what you found out?

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #648 of 1,280
Power amps don't have volume controls or a preamp section. Your tube amp is an integrated amp with it's own volume control and enough gain to drive from a small input signal to the output stage. Hence you can just use the fixed output and use the volume on your amplifier.

I've not tested the fixed output vs the variable, but no doubt there are extra components in the signal path of the non-fixed output (such as the pot). No sense using two pots, so just use the fixed signal path.

May 2, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #653 of 1,280

Works fine on the front USB port.  I am using a Seagate Backup Slim 500Gb, because of its minimalist small design, but predominantly because it is really quiet.  The drive needs to be a single FAT32 partition, and I am using .wav files at 44.1kHz.  Note that FLAC is not supported through the front USB bus, and there also is a limitation of about 

May 2, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #654 of 1,280

Has anyone tried plugging in an external HDD? I tried to plug in last night but got an error saying "Unsupported format". So I did a format to FAT32 but still haven't checked it yet. Anyone?

Sorry about the double post, meant to quote Gamergtx260!

Works fine on the front USB port.  I am using a Seagate Backup Slim 500Gb, because of its minimalist small design, but predominantly because it is really quiet.  The drive needs to be a single FAT32 partition, and I am using .wav files at 44.1kHz.  Note that FLAC is not supported through the front USB bus, and there also is a limitation of about 700 folder or so.

May 13, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #656 of 1,280
Hi. My name is Enrique. this is my first post, and it's caused by a problem with my Marantz Hd dac-1. My streaming source is a Logitech Squeezebox Touch, It does not work correctly with the USB input DAC. I can not play hi-res files or DSD, despite having the correct version of Logitech Media Server installed, the plugin to play DSD files ... only can play 44,1 files (via USB).
Some friends play from the Squeezebox to other dac smoothly. I don´t know if there is any inconsistency between the Marantz HD-1 and the Squeezebox Touch to play by USB, or simply there is a configuration option in the Logitech Media Server with a wrong value.
Let's see if anybody can help me with this problem.
Thanks in advance and greetings¡¡

May 22, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #657 of 1,280
Hi. My name is Enrique. this is my first post, and it's caused by a problem with my Marantz Hd dac-1. My streaming source is a Logitech Squeezebox Touch, It does not work correctly with the USB input DAC. I can not play hi-res files or DSD, despite having the correct version of Logitech Media Server installed, the plugin to play DSD files ... only can play 44,1 files (via USB).
Some friends play from the Squeezebox to other dac smoothly. I don´t know if there is any inconsistency between the Marantz HD-1 and the Squeezebox Touch to play by USB, or simply there is a configuration option in the Logitech Media Server with a wrong value.
Let's see if anybody can help me with this problem.
Thanks in advance and greetings¡¡

I suggest you contact Marantz directly... They will reply to your questions...
http://us.marantz.com/us/ContactUs/Pages/ContactUs.aspx

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #660 of 1,280
  Why isn't there a page for this amazing amp? I would also like to write a review and share my experience from my 6 month ownership.

So would I. Still going strong, a bit of humming with really sensitive cans like my W1000x, but I can live with that. I have a LCD-2 Rev2 on it's way, so I can't wait how they'll play together 
biggrin.gif

Edit: The LCD-2s pair amazingly well with the DAC1, Mid-Gain is fairly enough to reach ear damaging levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back