Marantz HD-DAC1
Jul 18, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #466 of 1,283
I have no experience with the T1, but if Beyerdynamic's historic headphone tuning is anything to go by, the T1 may have been engineered to sound better balanced when driven from a moderate 120 Ohm or so output impedance. Neither the Vali nor the HD-DAC1 provide this, and may make the T1 sound a little on the "cool" side. Beyer's own headphone amps may be a better bet, some have a selectable output impedance.

However, if anyone has direct experience of the T1 & HD-DAC1 combo I would certainly place more value on their opinion rather than on my musings...
cool.gif

Thanks,
We will wait for that man/woman 
rolleyes.gif
.. Although, I don't know why these haven't gotten enough attention. 
confused_face_2.gif

Meanwhile, I appreciate your comment.

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #470 of 1,283
hi, it wasnt working after installing windows 10 for me i had to do a uninstall/reinstall then change the settings again now it works fine and i am back to to enjoying my new toy after going through a dozen or so amps and dacs i think i found the perfect match for my senn 700's

Jul 31, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #471 of 1,283
The Marantz pairs superbly with the Alpha Primes as well.

I upgraded to 10 Wednesday evening however it nuked my ethernet. My ethernet was intermittent some reboots it would work others it wouldn't. On one that did I downloaded the 10 ISO from Microsoft and need to wipe my box yet.

From above I shouldn't have any issues them as I will need to reinstall the Marantz driver.

Jul 31, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #472 of 1,283
A truly under appreciated product for headphone users. I went to the AV show today and even the Martanz Marantz show room did not have it, I asked the guy who was running the room and he had no clue what I was talking about!

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #473 of 1,283
  A truly under appreciated product for headphone users. I went to the AV show today and even the Martanz show room did not have it, I asked the guy who was running the room and he had no clue what I was talking about!

Maybe you should try the Marantz showroom next time
wink.gif

Seriously though, this problem has been becoming worse over the last few decades (yes, I am old enough to be able to say that).

Salesmen who know nothing about the products they sell (bad enough), but also salesmen who don't even know the product line-up.

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #474 of 1,283

Maybe you should try the Marantz showroom next time
wink.gif

Seriously though, this problem has been becoming worse over the last few decades (yes, I am old enough to be able to say that).

Salesmen who know nothing about the products they sell (bad enough), but also salesmen who don't even know the product line-up.

The best part was half of their product weren't plugged in. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #475 of 1,283
You should be good to go with Windows 10.  I did a fresh install from the 64 bit Win10 Pro ISO and installed the driver without a hitch.  I love my HD-DAC1!  I use it with the Sennheiser H700 headphones and it sounds amazing to me.  Good luck

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #477 of 1,283
I have something important to add to all you fellow classical, acoustic music listeners.
After trying out both the Marantz DAC1 and Hegel HD12 (they are both DACs in the same price group), there is no doubt who is the winner. In combination with AKG Q701 and an iPad (or computer/cd-player), Hegel is just clearly better. The difference is simply that the Marantz is like a close talker, right up in you face, insisting on your attention. If you are an introvert, like myself, then you know what I am talking about.
Hegel, on the other hand, keep a polite distance, but does at the same time have so much interesting things to say about the music. Yes the Marantz have a warmer sound. But is more like an arrogant cellist laid back in a cosy chair, just enjoying its marvelous beautiful warm tone. While Hegel is more like a cellist sitting on the edge of the seat, exploring the depth and wonder of the music, while at the same time never losing control over the acoustic beauty of its natural sound.

Marantz is (paradoxically) aggressively insisting "in your face" on its warm and detailed sound, while Hegel just show you the clear and natural sounding music with innocent and "nerdy" enjoyment.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #478 of 1,283
I'm pretty new to the world of hi-fi audio so I haven't listened to or don't know a lot of things but I have to chime in to say the Fidelio X2 pairs wonderfully with the HD-DAC1. The sound signature of the X2s fills in everything that the DAC1 doesn't bring to the party and what it does bring, the X2s handle wonderfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back