Manufaktur Beyers DT990 pics inside...
Sep 11, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #31 of 40
They are very nice Lad27, are they special edition cans? What does Manufaktur mean, it that a company
confused.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs
They are very nice Lad27, are they special edition cans? What does Manufaktur mean, it that a company
confused.gif

No beyerdynamic offers an option called manufaktur (manufacture) on their site. Here you can compose the looks you want for your headphone of choice.

Sep 11, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #33 of 40
After purchasing the stock DT990's (2005 version), I would still consider getting a custom pair made for me. I like them that much, and feel they easily compete with Sennheiser HD6xx, AKG K701's, or anything else in the <$1000 range, without any need for aftermarket cables & such.

So even at the "Manufaktur" prices they are worthwhile imo, especially to get a bespoke product that looks so cool!

Sep 11, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
After purchasing the stock DT990's (2005 version), I would still consider getting a custom pair made for me. I like them that much, and feel they easily compete with Sennheiser HD6xx, AKG K701's, or anything else in the <$1000 range, without any need for aftermarket cables & such.

So even at the "Manufaktur" prices they are worthwhile imo, especially to get a bespoke product that looks so cool!

I learned a new word today.

Bespoke!

Sep 11, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #35 of 40
Skylab: have researched that site a lot as well as Darth Beyer. Now the question how do these compare sonically with larry's work? I would imgine quite favorably and pricing is abut the same.

Also--did the site convert euro to dollars? When I priced and proceeded to purchase stream, the money was still in euros.

Sep 11, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1
Skylab: have researched that site a lot as well as Darth Beyer. Now the question how do these compare sonically with larry's work? I would imgine quite favorably and pricing is abut the same.

Also--did the site convert euro to dollars? When I priced and proceeded to purchase stream, the money was still in euros.

No, you have to figure out the dollars yourself, although your credit card company will do that for you if you actually buy them.

As for the Darth Beyers versus the new DT990's, here are my thoughts: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...9&postcount=64

But I do love the new DT990's a LOT, and they are now my full-time office headphone. It's funny, I bought the DT990's, AKG K701, and Grado GS1000 all about the same time, to decide which would win as the headphone for me to use at work (where I need an open headphone). Well, I am selling the GS1000, and while I'm keeping the K701's for now, they are looking pretty lonely over there by themselves, while the DT990's are on my head all the time
580smile.gif

Sep 12, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
But I do love the new DT990's a LOT, and they are now my full-time office headphone. It's funny, I bought the DT990's, AKG K701, and Grado GS1000 all about the same time, to decide which would win as the headphone for me to use at work (where I need an open headphone). Well, I am selling the GS1000, and while I'm keeping the K701's for now, they are looking pretty lonely over there by themselves, while the DT990's are on my head all the time
580smile.gif

I'm just curious, why did you decide to sell the GS1000's?

Sep 12, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon
I'm just curious, why did you decide to sell the GS1000's?

Because I prefer both the DT990 and the K701 to the GS1000, and since I use Darth Beyers for home listening, I don't need 3 pairs of really great open headphones.

Oct 22, 2006 at 12:39 PM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by JensL
It should easy for others to test too. If you got a DT880/990 and a DT770, just swap the pads and hear what happens.

JensL - How hard is it to swap out the pads; what all does this entail?

Oct 22, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #40 of 40
Just like other pads - yank the old ones off, invert the edge of the new pad, put in position and work the edge back down as you go around the cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back