Manufaktur Beyers DT990 pics inside...
Aug 27, 2006 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Lad27

500+ Head-Fier
These just accumulated 200+ hours of burn in. As I was threatened to be banned from here
wink.gif
commenting on DT990's without posting pics... Here we go.

DT990_incase.jpg

This is where the cans live.

DT990_wall.jpg

DT990_orange.jpg

DT990_blue.jpg

Cheers,

Lad

Aug 27, 2006 at 9:18 AM Post #2 of 40
Yowsers. Pure beauty. How do they sound? Have you ever compared them with or listened to the Dt770?

edit:

I like your stand. Could use a few more rocks...for aesthetic purposes of course (well, and perhaps stability). 8)

Aug 27, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by falang
Yowsers. Pure beauty. How do they sound? Have you ever compared them with or listened to the Dt770?

I like your stand. Could use a few more rocks...for aesthetic purposes of course (well, and perhaps stability). 8)

They sound as good as they look.
eggosmile.gif

I never had an opportunity to listen to 770's, but I would really like to experience the alleged mega BASS. And I don't know what I would give to have a good listen to Darth Beyers and Grado GS1k.

Hah, the stand...I just needed quickly something to hang my cans on while I was getting nice sunset light thru the window (too lazy to unpack tripod and external flash and the rest of of my photo gear). So grabbed first vase, chucked dried flowers out of it. Turned up good match - blue is cool, Beyers are cool...

Aug 27, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 40
Very nice... You can stay now..
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I ordered my DT990s from Dr Meier just over 2 weeks ago now... I'm hoping they're sitting at the post office waiting for me after work tomorrow...

These will be my first high-end headphones... I've got some Senn HD280s and Shure E2c (recently spotted inside the jaws of my puppy). I think if I like them enough I'll sell them on here and get some Manufacture DT990s like this
Picture1.png

Aug 27, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 40
wow those look great...

Aug 27, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #8 of 40
Looks great! Personally I wouldn't have the patience to wait just over eight days (burning them in) after recieving them to listen to them.
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #9 of 40
Lad27, those look SOOOOO nice!

I ordered my Manufacture DT990's about 4 weeks ago, and hope that they come soon.

Aug 28, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reputator
Looks great! Personally I wouldn't have the patience to wait just over eight days (burning them in) after recieving them to listen to them.
tongue.gif

I didn't have the patience either - listened to them straight out of box and then every evening for two weeks. But while at work and overnight, I've left them connected to tuner, playing local rock station at listening level. So basically they've been on 24/7 for two weeks. But that's it, enough of burn-in.
In all honesty I can't really tell whether burn-in improved anything though. If it did I just can't put my finger on specific improvement. Age must be catching up on me
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #11 of 40
Mine are here! And as cool as they look, the SOUND has me enthralled. Utterly. These SMOKE the old DT990's, big time. I have a pair of the previous version and will do an in-depth comparison later. For now, look at this:

RedDT990.jpg

Sep 1, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
Mine are here! And as cool as they look, the SOUND has me enthralled. Utterly. These SMOKE the old DT990's, big time. I have a pair of the previous version and will do an in-depth comparison later. For now, look at this:

RedDT990.jpg

Excellent, I have been waiting for a comparison of the new DT990. It would be great to compare them with HD600 and K701 as well.

Sep 1, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Excellent, I have been waiting for a comparison of the new DT990. It would be great to compare them with HD600 and K701 as well.

I will compare against the K701 and GS1000. I will only be able to mention the HD600 from memory since I no longer have those.

Sep 1, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #14 of 40
Your Beyers are evil!
evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, but don't they? I just laugh when I see those threads asking if they're "really" better.

I soooo want a pair of 32ohm dt770's with coiled cable for portable home use.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab

RedDT990.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back