MAHLER LOVERS CHECK OUT THIS PRICE!
Feb 8, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #61 of 118
Oh I agree entirely with the economics - it's the ethics I have a problem with. I don't see what being online has to do with it, besides having a virtually (no pun originally intended) unlimited stock - all the more reason for the seller to take the reasonable precautions. If their posted prices aren't subject to some sort of review process, that is indeed a (poor) business decision which they have made, but how does that make it the customer's responsibility to personally vet their purchase price?

Feb 8, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #62 of 118
Even though I am mad,
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
, there really isn't anything I can do about it. Legally speaking, ads are seen as invitations for offers and you can't hold them to it.

However, they did accept my offer of $12.00 bucks and there was a transaction. I did buy goods and the contract was in writing and was signed via electronics.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I want to sue.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #63 of 118
Technically speaking, yes, you're certainly right that ads are invitations for business and therefore one cannot hold a retailer to them. But for those whose credit cards were charged, I'd be absolutely shocked if that didn't constitute a legal acceptance of the terms of sale by the retailer. Somebody start a class action here...

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #64 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xert
Technically speaking, yes, you're certainly right that ads are invitations for business and therefore one cannot hold a retailer to them. But for those whose credit cards were charged, I'd be absolutely shocked if that didn't constitute a legal acceptance of the terms of sale by the retailer. Somebody start a class action here...

No one should have really expected to get Bertini set at $10 since it was an obvious gross error in listed price.........

Feb 8, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #66 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
No one should have really expected to get Bertini set at $10 since it was an obvious gross error in listed price.........

I don't know. I got a Beethoven complete symphonies set from them for around 10 bucks.

I wish they would have honored my purchase since they charged my card.

Feb 8, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #67 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel

I don't know why you say that. Mine has already shipped. I figure that they only had a few sets at that crazy price (somebody emptying a warehouse perhaps?) and the first who ordered them got them...

Feb 9, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #69 of 118
Well, I wrote them a letter.
tongue.gif

I will wait to see what they say.
icon10.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #70 of 118
I ordered on on 2/3, the same day as the orig. post and so far, haven't recieved any cancellation notice. Says delivery expected in a wk or so. We'll see, but I'm in agreement with the others that a store should honor it's listed price.

Feb 9, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #71 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeg
I ordered on on 2/3, the same day as the orig. post and so far, haven't recieved any cancellation notice. Says delivery expected in a wk or so. We'll see, but I'm in agreement with the others that a store should honor it's listed price.

All still appears to be normal with my order as well. Maybe they only had a few, and other other cancellations were due to quantity and not price. ??

We'll see............

-jar

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #72 of 118
l In Transit, Estimated Delivery 02/18/2006 l
1 Symphonies Nos 1-10 (Box) [BOX SET] [Audio CD] Mahler; Bertini
Total 12.51

Woo hoo!

Feb 10, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #73 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
l In Transit, Estimated Delivery 02/18/2006 l
Total 12.51

Woo hoo!

Mine says the same thing!

Feb 10, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #75 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
um, whats so special about this sale? The cost is 64.99...

The Price!!! And sorry, it's no longer listed at that price.
frown.gif

Me too!!
In Transit, Estimated Delivery 02/18/2006
Total 12.51

eggosmile.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
etysmile.gif
biggrin.gif
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif