MAHLER LOVERS CHECK OUT THIS PRICE!
Feb 18, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #91 of 118
How can you guys sleep at night taking "advantage" of poor Caiman's pricing error.............
very_evil_smiley.gif

Notice that now "magically" they found more stock and Bertini set once again available at Caiman for $58.49
Bertini

Feb 18, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #92 of 118
I would like to saying while listening to Mahler but that may be a stretch.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
How can you guys sleep at night taking "advantage" of poor Caiman's pricing error.............
very_evil_smiley.gif

Notice that now "magically" they found more stock and Bertini set once again available at Caiman for $58.49
Bertini

Feb 19, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #93 of 118
Well, it appears that disk number 6 of my set, while properly screened as "Disc 6," is actually a duplicate of disk number 4. Can someone else who received their set check to see if they have the same problem?

Feb 19, 2006 at 6:53 AM Post #94 of 118
I can confirm a second set with the same issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Well, it appears that disk number 6 of my set, while properly screened as "Disc 6," is actually a duplicate of disk number 4. Can someone else who received their set check to see if they have the same problem?

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #95 of 118
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I am so pissed I did not get my order.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #96 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs

I e-mailed EMI about this issue and got a surprisingly fast response:
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMI
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are checking to see if this is
a widespread problem. You will need to exchange your set at your retailer
when we have a satisfactory answer - I will advise.

Regards

Ray

Feb 21, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #99 of 118
Doh, same problem here. The good thing is that Disc 6 contains the entire 7th symphony and does not contain part of a 'spanned' symphony heh. Anyway, sent off an email to Caiman.

Anyone received a response from Caiman regarding exchange or refund procedures yet?

Feb 21, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #100 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by xchagg
Doh, same problem here. The good thing is that Disc 6 contains the entire 7th symphony and does not contain part of a 'spanned' symphony heh. Anyway, sent off an email to Caiman.

Anyone received a response from Caiman regarding exchange or refund procedures yet?

eek gremlins apparently obsconded with the 7th Symphony from my set as well...

but there's plenty to listen to.

Feb 21, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #101 of 118
Yes, I email them after Febs did and got a response concerning this issue. They said that it appeared that all their North American versions may have this problem and they are looking into it.

It would be good if you went to the EMI site and contacted them about this so they would know of others who have this problem.

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #102 of 118
I got my Mahler box set today. It has the same disc 6 problem that everyone elses does. Does anyone know if we need to return the whole set or just the bad disc?

After sampling the set, I find the recording quality to be very high, and consistant. A couple things that I don't like, the cardboard sleeves seem as if they will a source of scratches, and scuffs on the playing surfaces. I swapped them out for some of a non-abrasive type sleeves. The other small gripe I have is they don't have the track info on the CD's themselves, or on the outside of the box, which means if you mis-place the booklet it will be hard to determine where one symphony begins & the next lets off.

will e-mail caiman tommorrow.

- augustwest

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #103 of 118
The set can probably be returned, but if Caiman's stock all have the defective Disc 6, getting an exchange won't help. (And it's rather silly to refund such a great bargain) I e-mailed Caiman regarding the problem and they directed me to use their "Online Return System".

If the defective disc in the set proves to be a widespread problem, one can either enjoy the now 10-CD set for $10 (excluding shippping heh) and get M7 seperately, or keep bugging EMI until they offer to do a replacement directly.

I'm really tempted to just ignore the defective disc, enjoy this great bargain of a box-set, and get M7 seperately.

So . . . any recommendations of a good M7 recording from yourmusic/BMGmusic? (still have 2 'free' selections)
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #104 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by xchagg
So . . . any recommendations of a good M7 recording from yourmusic/BMGmusic? (still have 2 'free' selections)
icon10.gif

Michael Tilson Thomas. His 7th with the London Symphony is pretty strong, and very well recorded.

-jar

Feb 23, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #105 of 118
e-mailed both; Caiman & EMI this morning, here is the response from EMI:

"There is a problem with a batch of US stock that was identified this week.
We are taking action but this will take a few weeks to sort out. I will
notify you when stock is good and then you should exchange with your
retailer.

Regards

Ray"

You may already have this info, but thought that I would share.

- augustwest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back