MAHLER LOVERS CHECK OUT THIS PRICE!
Feb 7, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #47 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
Well, they are still processing my order. who knows what will happen. I'm still hopeful. Anyway, even if it doesn't pan out I will have lost NOTHING!!

mine says "Order Confirmed" and they charged my cc. We'll see...

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #48 of 118
I also got the cancellation notice for the Mahler "Croco-deal!"
tongue.gif

not a surprise

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #49 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by calaf
mine says "Order Confirmed" and they charged my cc. We'll see...

Hopefully yours will come through. They had charged me as well, but the email said that they were going to issue an "immediate" refund. It is weird that they would charge the CC before shipping, but hey, can't complain or expect to much when dealing with crocs, right?

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #51 of 118
Actually, I agree. To be honest, it is an unrealistic price. Maybe the deal will come through for some, but even if not, it was worth the try, no? the last part of my previous post was meant as a sarcastic pun. I should be more explicit on my intentions.

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #53 of 118
I also received the cancellation email. Ridiculous pricing or not, it is their mistake and should still be held accountable. It isn't really a huge deal to me, but I still think action should be taken against Caiman.

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #54 of 118
Also got the cancellation email yesterday, too good to be true perhaps. I used the money and bought two Michael Jackson albums instead.

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #56 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
I have not at this point received a cancellation notice. It appears that my order is being processed. So I have my fingers crossed.

- augustwest

Me too... holding out hope!

smily_headphones1.gif

-jar

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #57 of 118
Quote:

We wish to thank you for ordering Symphonies Nos 1-10 (Box) [BOX SET] [Audio CD] Mah. Please accept our sincerest apologies as we are unable to fulfill your order at this time. We will cancel your order and a full refund will be issued immediately. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
We value your business and will do our best to satisfy your shopping needs at Caiman.

I am mad.
mad.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #58 of 118
Eh, internet storefronts can be a weird thing. A lot of storefronts are nothing more than a webpage interface that sends the requests to automated warehouses. It's not uncommon for people to buy the same item from different storefronts and have them all shipped out from the same warehouse (the storefronts may also be owned by the same company too). The advantage is faster turnaround, less overhead, and automated methods of keeping up with prices and stock. The downside is that these pricing mistakes can come from weird errors. After the hurricanes in Florida, there were some storefronts operating in Florida that had ridiculous prices on all their stock. Some error was introduced either in the warehouse's software or the storefront's database but the end result was that on all of the company's storefronts (they had a few) they were selling AMD FX processors for like $10 and plasma TV's for a few hundred dollars. For a storefront like Caiman that claims to have 2 million items up for sale, the only way that they can catch these errors is when the popularity of an item suddenly peaks.

Feb 8, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #60 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xert
Absolutely, but there's such a thing as integrity and honouring your advertised price.

Maybe, but this is a $55 price error. Including myself, I count about 11 people on this forum that ordered the set. That's $605 in lost revenue right there and there was at least another forum that this was posted on. I would not expect them nor hold them to owning up to the price error. Internet storefronts are a different matter to me. With brick and mortar, when they publish an advertisement, the ad goes through peer reviews and is checked over. When you purchase an item at a store it goes through the hands of the cashier and again the price is subject to review. On the internet, the sticker price they put on an item gets infinite exposure. All it takes is for one person to alert others on a high traffic forum and legions of people can access and take advantage. And since they are hooked up to a warehouse, they could sell tons of copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back