Magni 3 Impressions
Feb 24, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #1,487 of 2,593
Well, I've used my Magni 3 for about 5 hours now and it is a big improvement over the Magni 2. It has a much cleaner and detailed sound and the headphones I've used all sound really good. To me it's not a warm or bright amp, it just sounds right. I do wish the soundstage was a bit more expansive but that's not really a drawback because of how nice it sounds. The Mimby sounds great and all my music sounds so much cleaner now, even 320 mp3's sound better. So far I'm very impressed with it and looking forward to listening to more music.

Feb 24, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #1,488 of 2,593
Well, I've used my Magni 3 for about 5 hours now and it is a big improvement over the Magni 2. It has a much cleaner and detailed sound and the headphones I've used all sound really good. To me it's not a warm or bright amp, it just sounds right. I do wish the soundstage was a bit more expansive but that's not really a drawback because of how nice it sounds. The Mimby sounds great and all my music sounds so much cleaner now, even 320 mp3's sound better. So far I'm very impressed with it and looking forward to listening to more music.
You should find that the soundstage will expand over the next few days and week or two, I have a virtual 3D stage with my Senn Ref1s. Headphone and source dependent, of course :) Glad you're enjoying it!

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #1,491 of 2,593
Been leaving my m3 Schiit stack on all the time after noticing it get better for me after warming up. My Schiit dac never shuts off after shutting down the computer. Much thicker and kind of lush. I'm listening to Thin Lizzy Renegade album and really really liking it. Of course this is after America's finest Coor's Light ice cold in a 16oz can............

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #1,493 of 2,593
Het! We drink beer, too! Ellie’s brown, also out of CO, for me, please.

Haven’t tried leaving the M3 on all the time, but do try to turn it on 15-30 minutes in adv. Wife rolls her eyes when I ask Alexa to “turn on the Schiit stack” — but my grin trumps her eye roll every time!

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #1,495 of 2,593
How the heck does it turn on the stack??? I figure that's why Schiit puts switches in the back because it's ment to be left on. Jason said it hurts nothing to leave them on.
I have the M3 and Loki powered by a Cthulhu and plugged into a WeMo smart plug. Used to b a Modi 2 Uber there as well, but since I Bifrosted, the DAC just stays on.

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #1,499 of 2,593
I think I'm the only one here who hates alcohol, but anyway, could anyone tell me how the Magni 3's performance is directly connected to the sound card? Preferably a realtek.
You aren't. It occasionally gets boring, but it's all good.

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #1,500 of 2,593
If Schiit made a SS preamp I would like to give it a try. Never like like leaving tubes on all the time.

More mythology about stuff needing to be powered all the time. Leaving tubes on all the time isn't necessary and shortens their life, and in my mind, can become a safety issue. Had a guitar tube amp burn out the power tubes and blow the 3amp fuse, because I forgot to shut it off and left it on over a weekend. That said, I've been running tube amps for years. They just need a little time to come up to temp and their good to go.

It's worth checking out the Schiit pre-amps. Both Freya and Saga have passive modes, and Schiit has LISST tubes available for a full solid-state operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back