Magaosi K5
Nov 7, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #32 of 197
Thanks!

Did You try BT receiver already?

Yep, it supports APT-X, sound is good, I put K3 Pro on blutooth cable and this is the best bluetooth headphone I have ever heard :beyersmile: (of course, I never have bought/tried any 100$ bluetooth headphone before)

Update: stock cable included in the package is "bad" as usual (Magaosi typical cable), it's quite loose in the left connection and most important thing: sound from stock cable is really bad when connecting to my X5 gen iii through 3.5mm headphone jack (same as with the stock K3 pro cable). I only use the custom cable connecting through 2.5mm balance jack.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #34 of 197
Just came in. I tried them briefly with bt receiver and I can't say much about sound cause they hiss a lot. More impressions later.

20171109_121719.jpg 20171109_121821.jpg 20171109_121754.jpg

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #36 of 197
Try another cable if you have one, stock one is really....bad. (I don't use Bluetooth cable as well for K5 - I don't listen to music through Bluetooth connection)

Tried stock cable and two different and hiss is still there. It's horrible with my S8 but also audible with Sony NW-WM1A which is dead silent with Andromeda for example. BT receiver is both hissing a lot and a bad sounding compared to cable connection. It's absurdly sensitive and picks all the noise. Going to send them back.

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #37 of 197
Tried stock cable and two different and hiss is still there. It's horrible with my S8 but also audible with Sony NW-WM1A which is dead silent with Andromeda for example. BT receiver is both hissing a lot and a bad sounding compared to cable connection. It's absurdly sensitive and picks all the noise. Going to send them back.

Yes, K5 is really too sensitive (which mean if your DAP/Amp has too much power for my it, the hissing is very noticeable). And you need something like iFi iEMatch for that.

Sony DAP usually has a powerful amp section to drive big headphone easier, so comes the hiss for sensitive IEM (maybe K5 has poor design).

My K5 has lot of background noises with my ifi nano iDSD, but quite ok with my Fiio X5 gen 3.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #40 of 197
I think we are all waiting for arrivals as they are not arriving as quickly as anyone hoped. I know I have multiple Penon orders in the wind.

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #41 of 197
Mine just arrived. I have to say, straight out the box I'm not very impressed. I find it lacking in clarity, although the detail and Imaging are good. Bass is quite anemic albeit tighter compared to the k3 pro (probably due to the substitution of dynamic driver with a BA). The tuning is flatter, which is good. They're not sibilant. The fit is really good, theres no pointy edges, they're very comfortable.

Bear in mind these are just my FIRST IMPRESSIONS having spent only a few hours with them.

There is hiss (with X7 AM3), But only from the right earpiece (?), and it gets more pronounced when I plug in a better custom silver cable (8Core), its mild with the provided silver cable, but its there.

This is not a bad pair of IEM's, they're good, but they're in with tough competition at this price. The provided Eartips give a very wide range of choice (includes single/double flanged) The Bluetooth adapter is a nice addition to the accessories package (Although I don't see myself using it really, haven't tried it out yet), the carry pouch is convenient as well.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #42 of 197
Mine just arrived. I have to say, straight out the box I'm not very impressed. I find it lacking in clarity, although the detail and Imaging are good. Bass is quite anemic albeit tighter compared to the k3 pro (probably due to the substitution of dynamic driver with a BA). The tuning is flatter, which is good. They're not sibilant. The fit is really good, theres no pointy edges, they're very comfortable.

Bear in mind these are just my FIRST IMPRESSIONS having spent only a few hours with them.

There is hiss (with X7 AM3), But only from the right earpiece (?), and it gets more pronounced when I plug in a better custom silver cable (8Core), its mild with the provided silver cable, but its there.

This is not a bad pair of IEM's, they're good, but they're in with tough competition at this price. The provided Eartips give a very wide range of choice (includes single/double flanged) The Bluetooth adapter is a nice addition to the accessories package (Although I don't see myself using it really, haven't tried it out yet), the carry pouch is convenient as well.
I found K5 didn't work well with my silver plated cable (ALO Litz), changing the to the customed pure copper improves the sound.

Dec 5, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #43 of 197

Hmmm, not exactly the glowing endorsement I've been hoping for.

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #44 of 197
The tracking on mine hasn't changed since november 6th so I am not hopeful at this point.

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #45 of 197
Hmmm, not exactly the glowing endorsement I've been hoping for.
Well, I was hoping they'd be excellent. but they aren't. To me they seem a bit boring, might be appealing to others.
But I'm currently burning them in for a few days. lets see how it turns out. will try with a few different cables.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back