Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Jun 11, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #797 of 948
Just posted up my review of the K3 Pro, despite being in the wake of the new HD I still think it's a model to watch. Overall, a really nice, well-rounded earphone as many have been saying, though their sound isn't for everyone, especially with regards to treble (regardless of filter choice). I love the build and fit of the earphones, the stock cable is a bit hit and miss. Stunning that we can have such impressive hybrid earphones at this price point, I added comparisons to the Simgot EN700 Bass, TFZ King and Oriveti Basic as I know some may find it helpful!

dsc02236-13.jpg

dsc02239-14.jpg

Jun 12, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #798 of 948
I think the treble is less hot with a copper cable instead of the supplied SPC with the grey tuning tubes. I'm using a Westone Epic MMCX that barely fits, but just manages to lock in place. The sound is a little warmer and fuller, a little more balanced. It is a very enjoyable earphone and a great value.

Jun 13, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #800 of 948
I think the treble is less hot with a copper cable instead of the supplied SPC with the grey tuning tubes. I'm using a Westone Epic MMCX that barely fits, but just manages to lock in place. The sound is a little warmer and fuller, a little more balanced. It is a very enjoyable earphone and a great value.

In my experiences, the Westone cable is actually a slightly darker, warmer cable even when compared to other copper cables. I didn't give it a go because I assumed the Westone MMCX connectors wouldn't fit, but it sounds like a good pairing!

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #801 of 948
I decided to play a bit with more tip rolling and the filters> IMO the k3 pro has several glaring shortcomings and the lack of dynamics is one of them. The k3 pro definitely has tuning issues but it's kinda weird. It can impress you if you listen to it on its own without a direct comparison.
I even told to myself - hey, maybe it grew on me, but that was before deciding to put it against other iems I like. I'm not gonna lie - if you ask me vsonic gr07 wipes the floor with it in almost all departments at a lower price and even vsd3s and vsd5 have more pros than it. I won't even comment on something like the brainwavz b2, which has been discontinued for years and uses the old twfk drivers and is so much more technical and accurate that it's not fair.
I still find redeeming qualities in the k3 pro and totally see myself using it for sleeping with the brainwavz r3 double flanges and the silver filters, which while losing sparkle and resolution bring in coherence and timbre and an overal smooth and non-fatiguing sound. IMO as I said before k3 pro is a decent performer but personally I see it being competitive in the $50-$90 price range

Are any of the recent Chinese IEMs comparable to your Brainwavz B2? It's basically the same model as my Fischer Audio DBA-02, which had beautiful, crystalline treble. Unfortunately, their nonremovable cables got very stiff and nasty over the years.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #806 of 948
Interesting that Magaosi decided to go with a single BA, and single DD combo for the HD model (not that having multiple BA necessarily makes anything better). Will be interested to read the reviews.

Jun 15, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #810 of 948
Interesting that Magaosi decided to go with a single BA, and single DD combo for the HD model (not that having multiple BA necessarily makes anything better). Will be interested to read the reviews.

Intriguing! I thought the K3 HD wasn't going to be much different from the K3 Pro. Now I'm wondering if the K3 HD is better than the ZS5 and my Westone 4R by transitivity (K3 HD > K3 Pro > 4R).

This guy says the K3 Pro is better than the ZS5, the 4R, and many others:

The ZS5 has a nicer treble extension and bass impact than the W4R, but in terms of refinement, imaging and all-around versatility it falls short. The housings of the ZS5 would be another area they fall short, especially in my case. The fit of the ZS5 in my left ear is off, and when I move around I hear a swooshing sound no matter which cable I use. I also had a similar fit problem with the ZST. I like to be able to be mobile (walking, working out) with my IEMs. Price-wise though, I'm not sure spending 300-400 dollars is justified for any "premium" IEM in which the design isn't really cutting edge anymore and may be outdated.
The best Chi-FI IEM I've heard and own is the Magaosi K3 Pro. While it's more expensive at $110, it not only competes with my 4R and W30 and stacks up really well, and may even exceed both of them. The K3 Pro also has more traditional style housings, smaller than the Westones, yet someone manages to fit 2 BA's and 1 DD in each earphone.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/k...essions-thread.698148/page-1217#post-13544916

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back