"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Feb 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #3,151 of 6,388
Alpha pads on the way.  
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #3,152 of 6,388
Quote:

The upgrade from the Dog Pads to the Alpha pads can be done by the end user.  For now it costs $45 for the pads.  You can't buy the new pads and just simply slap them onto a stock T50RP or the Shure 840 pad version of the Mad Dog.  The Dog Pad version of the Mad Dog has different internal dampening from the 840 pad Mad Dog, and it's wildly different from the stock T50RP.  When I upgrade my second pair, I will have to send them in to Dan for the upgrade, and it won't just cost me $45 for the pads (I had the Dog Pad version and 840 pad version and the DP version was upgraded to the Alpha pads in the beta group).  

So to reiterate the correction:  Someone with a stock T50RP or Shure 840 pad Mad Dog most definitely does not pay the same for the new Alpha Dog headphones.  Dog Pad owners pay $45 for the full upgrade to the Alpha Dog and don't even have to send their headphones in to Dan for the conversion.  840 Mad Dog owners pay $79.95 to upgrade to the Alpha Dog, and Stock T50RP owners will pay the $239.95 fee to upgrade a stock T50RP to the Alpha Dog (I'm fairly sure this is correct but the website still says Dog Pad for this option).

My mistake. I misinterpreted owners of Fostex T50RP "modded" headphones looking for a nice leather pad

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #3,153 of 6,388
From Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs... I wonder what the next name iteration will be. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #3,154 of 6,388
Quote:
Hey Dan, you mentioned something about a month's backwards upgrade allowance for those who just missed the upgrade a few pages back. I got mine with Dog Pads at Christmas from a family member, so does that mean that I'm eligible for a free upgrade (assuming you meant backwards from the date of January 10th)? I believe they were purchased around December 12th.

The upgrade applies to purchases made for the last four weeks, that's January 10 forward...  But as noted, for the next two weeks I am discounting.  I've also created a SKU to allow for lower priced shipping overseas.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #3,155 of 6,388
Quote:
My mistake. I misinterpreted owners of Fostex T50RP "modded" headphones looking for a nice leather pad

In the past I didn't allow sales of Dog Pads to non Mad Dog owners.  There's no guarantee how they'll work on other mods.  But that said, my volume in production has gotten to the point where I can make the pads available to anyone who wants them, for whatever purpose.

Some users have tried the Dog Pad on HE-400 and reported good results.  I've never done so and never heard it, so I don't warranty fit or result, but as someone noted, pads are an easy way to modify many headphones, and if these pads can be used for other purposes besides my own headphones, that's great  Just be aware I don't take returns, there is no warranty, and there is no performance assurance.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #3,156 of 6,388
Somebody mentioned HM5/FA-003 pads at one point. I couldn't get mine to fit; do they really fit somehow?

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #3,157 of 6,388
Quote:

In the past I didn't allow sales of Dog Pads to non Mad Dog owners.  There's no guarantee how they'll work on other mods.  But that said, my volume in production has gotten to the point where I can make the pads available to anyone who wants them, for whatever purpose.

Some users have tried the Dog Pad on HE-400 and reported good results.  I've never done so and never heard it, so I don't warranty fit or result, but as someone noted, pads are an easy way to modify many headphones, and if these pads can be used for other purposes besides my own headphones, that's great  Just be aware I don't take returns, there is no warranty, and there is no performance assurance.  

Thanks for clearing that up!

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #3,161 of 6,388
So after some payment fiascoes, my Alpha Pads are on the way! It's been iterated over and over, but still: it's been great working with Dan. He was a champ all through my account logistical problems.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3,162 of 6,388
All UPGRADES will be shipped automagically, nobody has to do anything.  And PLEASE don't ask where they are for 12 days or so, I'll bog down answering queries.  Everyone will have them within 12 days....  

L3000.gif

Most for the US ship tomorrow by First Class and 100% of International will go out tomorrow by Priority.  People will begin receiving them next week, and overseas (via Priority Mail) late next week.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #3,163 of 6,388
Quote:
So after some payment fiascoes, my Alpha Pads are on the way! It's been iterated over and over, but still: it's been great working with Dan. He was a champ all through my account logistical problems.

Did you get any tracking yet?
Edit: Looks like Dan answered my question 16 seconds before I posted it...

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #3,164 of 6,388

Users who are viewing this thread

Back