"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #2,956 of 6,388
Quote:
For what it's worth, I'm in the process of selling my Sennheiser HD600s, and one of my friends already sold his HD600s. The HD600 is supposed to be one of the better values in headphones, and retails for $100 more. However, I find the bass quality and detail level to be superior on the Mad Dogs. Other than that, they're fairly similar from a sound perspective.

Doing the same... WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A PRICE WAR SOON!!!! LOL!

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2,957 of 6,388
Quote:
For what it's worth, I'm in the process of selling my Sennheiser HD600s, and one of my friends already sold his HD600s. The HD600 is supposed to be one of the better values in headphones, and retails for $100 more. However, I find the bass quality and detail level to be superior on the Mad Dogs. Other than that, they're fairly similar from a sound perspective.

Quote:

Thanks for the warning, guys.  I'll be holding on to my HD600

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #2,958 of 6,388
Quote:
Thanks for the warning, guys.  I'll be holding on to my HD600

:wink:

BTW, I'm not letting my Senns go because I don't like them, etc. but I'm not using them a whole lot! (and I hate having things around the house that I don't use!).

And if others are wondering, YES, I think that the HD600s and the Mad Dogs are similar sounding. MDs have better bass control, but I still feel that instrument separation is a bit better on the HD600s and they pair GREAT with bright/fast amps (I used it with a Nuforce Icon HDP as DAC and a Lehman BCL).

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #2,959 of 6,388

Oh no :O
It's all good haha. How old are your pair btw?
Any warranty left?

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2,960 of 6,388
Quote:
Oh no :O
It's all good haha. How old are your pair btw?
Any warranty left?

Not sure... might have to check amazon as I'm pretty sure I bought them there... I think... (this is what happens when one is a shop-a-holic...) but I definitely have had them for more than 1 year!

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #2,961 of 6,388
Hey. I just wanna ask one thing before i order the mad dog with dog pads. How deep is the cup compared something like a beyerdynamic dt880? As I touch them lightly on the dt880 with my ear tip, so I get a little soar after 1-2 hour usage. May be that someone has said something about it that I have missed, read most of the thread so far.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #2,962 of 6,388
Quote:
Hey. I just wanna ask one thing before i order the mad dog with dog pads. How deep is the cup compared something like a beyerdynamic dt880? As I touch them lightly on the dt880 with my ear tip, so I get a little soar after 1-2 hour usage. May be that someone has said something about it that I have missed, read most of the thread so far.

I can only comment on the shure pads but I don't recall them being as deep at the dt880s

Are you planning on getting the MD with the dog pads? someone else should comment on the depth of the dog pads

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2,963 of 6,388
Yeah i want them with the dog pads. Recently I found out that my right ear sticks out abit more than on my left side, for example I have problems to use my Sony mdr-1r due to comfort as I touch the plastic infront of the driver.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #2,964 of 6,388
Quote:
Yeah i want them with the dog pads. Recently I found out that my right ear sticks out abit more than on my left side, for example I have problems to use my Sony mdr-1r due to comfort as I touch the plastic infront of the driver.

that's actually pretty common, my own ear sticks out more than the other too!

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #2,965 of 6,388
Annoying as I actually love my mdr-1r as a on the go headphone. Just wanna be sure the that I dont do bad choise with the Mad Dog before I get it shipped to Norway.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #2,966 of 6,388
Its hard to say without knowing how far your ears stick out compared to mine. It's not as deep as the dt880, but I've had similar issues with cans like the M-Audio Q40 and its non existent on my mad dogs with dog pads. They are really comfortable for long sessions.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #2,967 of 6,388
K thanks anoxy, hard to say they look normal but as I am a quite big person my head is bigger than normal and my ears follow aswell. I touch the beyers softly(just a little bit) but only after 1-2 hour usage it start to get to much and I need 5min off. Maybe im just to picky.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #2,968 of 6,388
My Mad Dogs have finally arrived and it's sounding pretty good........ for a closed headphone. I was initially "disappointed" as I wanted the Mad Dog to be a closed headphone that could rival my HD800. 5 minutes later though, I snapped backed to reality and acknowledged that the HD800 costs a bomb in comparison.

Ok in all seriousness, the Mad Dog sounds pretty darn impressive for the price. While not being the best, it certainly doesn't offend me as much as other headphones out there in the market. 

I've been listening for about an hour now and will report back later on the Stax pads and Dog pads. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #2,969 of 6,388
K thanks anoxy, hard to say they look normal but as I am a quite big person my head is bigger than normal and my ears follow aswell. I touch the beyers softly(just a little bit) but only after 1-2 hour usage it start to get to much and I need 5min off. Maybe im just to picky.

Are your velour pads fairly new on DT880? I remember my ears touched the insides of my DT880, but then I got new pads and the issue was fixed. The old ones were really compressed.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #2,970 of 6,388
Only used the headphone for a half year, but they have been like it for me since i got em. Time for bed herem perhaps some more has some insight on it and has replied before im up again in 8 hours :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back