"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Aug 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #841 of 6,388
Quote:
Hi everyone, just wanted to know if the Mad Dogs had removable cables or must you remove them by dissembling the headphone? I heard V-Moda had a great cable for the Mad Dogs... I just think the stock cable is a tad too long.

Nope, they are removable.

Aug 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #843 of 6,388
Quote:
Thanks,

So can I just unplug the stock one and get any cable with a 3.5mm jack and plug it directly into there?

Nope. It has the weird 45 degree angle plug. The V-moda cable
is really one of the only viable cables out there for the Mad Dog.

Now you can always get a custom cable made by Q, Norse, BTG, etc

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #844 of 6,388
Well, technically any 3.5 mm cable will do (I tried a few) but unless it has a right angle or 45 degree connection, it will stick out a bunch and look a bit odd (might also snag on clothing)

Aug 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #850 of 6,388
Quote:
Hi everyone, just wanted to know if the Mad Dogs had removable cables or must you remove them by dissembling the headphone? I heard V-Moda had a great cable for the Mad Dogs... I just think the stock cable is a tad too long.

You could always grab a nice 4 conductor tri lvl litz from Norse http://www.head-fi.org/t/606500/norse-audio-feedback-impression-thread/15

They use OCC and have great prices

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #852 of 6,388
Quote:
The swing is 12 to 24 so I'd imagine so, hope so.

I'm very interested in this, indeed. Impressions soon, please. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #855 of 6,388
Quote:
overhead? SE? hardwire split? "swing"? balanced mode?

Seeing as no one else has answered (unless in a PM). Not sure about these since I'm no hardcore senior audiophile.

Can drive to good levels but no overhead = No ear-splitting levels (amp barely powerful enough)

SE = single-ended (as opposed to balanced, you can look up the difference elsewhere for a better explanation than I'd be able to provide

Hardwire split = a modification made to the wiring in order to be able to feed the headphones from the balanced output of an amplifier

My friend might be interested in getting the MD's, told him I'd join in on the order for the Dog Pad upgrade to save some money with the shipping. Man, I love these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back