"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Aug 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #781 of 6,388
Quote:
You've got lots of pocket money now. 
biggrin.gif

I'm gonna need it for sure!
Quote:

With a smaller place you'd think that more hp's=better. 

It would if my wallet would allow it 
tongue.gif

BTW the new Mad Dog pads at up on Dan's website, grabbing em tomorrow for sure or I might even go to the bank tonight to even out the -60 dollar balance lol

Aug 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #782 of 6,388
Quote:
I'm gonna need it for sure!
It would if my wallet would allow it 
tongue.gif

BTW the new Mad Dog pads at up on Dan's website, grabbing em tomorrow for sure or I might even go to the bank tonight to even out the -60 dollar balance lol

Hey, I already padded your budget with the last purchase I made from you. 
tongue.gif

Dog pads only available to existing customers. 
frown.gif
 Oh well, I'm using o2 pads anyway. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #784 of 6,388
Here they are!

Aug 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #786 of 6,388
Dog pads ordered.  Now the wait til September...

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #789 of 6,388
Tried them at the LA meet yesterday. It was the first time I had ever listened to Mad Dogs before, so I can't compare to the previous pads. I have to say they were very comfortable, well crafted, and had a great feel/fit. I was blown away by the sound, definitely worth serious consideration in my opinion. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #791 of 6,388
Aside from the true use of leather (not pleater) and the different stitching area (in two places on the pads), the new pads remind me of the HifiMAN pleathers.  Several weeks back at a headphone meet, I was able to try the LFF Paradox out. The Paradox had the HifiMAN pleather pads installed and the fit around the cups was nice, tight and even just like the pictures of the Dog Pads appear.  When it comes to the HifiMAN pleather pads, all one essentially has to do is take the pleather pad off of the round mounting ring, then install the pads onto the Fostex headphones, and one has another option for pads - in addition to the O2, the Shure 840s, etc.  I also like that neater, tighter professional look on the edges of the pads over the white threading that is present on the Shure 840 pads.  Now, don't get me wrong about the Shure 840 pads - we are very fortunate that they exist as many, many of us were able to purchase them for a great price and they offered a superior solution over the stock Fostex pads.

Who says you can't teach an "old Dog" new tricks? 
biggrin.gif
  (Pun was intended). 
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #792 of 6,388
Quote:
  I also like that neater, tighter professional look on the edges of the pads over the white threading that is present on the Shure 840 pads.  Now, don't get me wrong about the Shure 840 pads - we are very fortunate that they exist as many, many of us were able to purchase them for a great price and they offered a superior solution over the stock Fostex pads.

Who says you can't teach an "old Dog" new tricks? 
biggrin.gif
  (Pun was intended). 
wink.gif

[size=10pt]I'm not overly fussy about aesthetics for my listening experience but I do dislike the stitching around the Shure's and will be pleased to replace them. I'm also hoping the real leather breathes better. The Middle Eastern hot and humid summer really cooks my ears with the shures.[/size]

[size=10pt]Additionally, a colleague of mine has gone back to the UK for a month with his family and has left me his HD650's to trial along with the MD's. I've had about 10 hours on the HD650's so far, and looking forward to putting in more time to get accustomed to the sound with different genres to really assess the differences between the MD's. My first real complaint about the 650's is the damned clamping force, dear god I feel like I could listen to these upside down without them ever budging.[/size]

[size=10pt]More later.[/size]

[size=10pt]-Dirk[/size]

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #795 of 6,388
Despite my earlier impressions, and after taking a week off from listening to headphones, I've begun to listen to the Mad Dogs again...I must say I'm very impressed.

The most shocking part is that I also have the LCD-2 r2 and the HE-500s sitting not too far away...and I've been finding my self picking up the Mad Dogs for a listen more than those two...

Now when the new Dog Pads come in, I'm not sure how this will play out with the two other higher tier cans.  If it improves the sound any further like Dan says it will, this will be very interesting indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back