"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Mar 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #3,947 of 6,388
How is the Ibasso d6 for these headphones? im looking at geting a d6 and asap as i can the opamp kit from hiflight on these boards but i wont be able to purchase the other op amps for at least a matter of weeks. and just for fun as a DIY project i may build an 02 amp. Is the d6 enough for these phones at their fullest?

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #3,948 of 6,388
Quote:
+1   ..... and for the price, it better be.  With proper amping there's no choice.   Unless it's gotta be closed.  Then the MDs are number 1 in my book.

There's no way I would consider paying $1000 for such a small upgrade though. The HD800, on the other hand, I might.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #3,950 of 6,388
Stand on the other side. 
size]
 jk

Mine are the same way. Not sure if it's on purpose or an accident. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #3,951 of 6,388
If you are referencing the headband "Fostex" the orientation is set by Fostex, we don't reorient anything.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #3,952 of 6,388
Hummm they aren't as big as I thought they are next to the AKG.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #3,957 of 6,388
Quote:
Does any one know where I can get the gold bars painted black?  I'm not doing it myself so don't even go there..
biggrin.gif

Since it's a sliding part, it might be better to powdercoat instead.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #3,958 of 6,388
Quote:
I think the stock brass bars would look cool with the orange V-moda cable...
biggrin.gif
Anyone got pics of the MDs on one of those head shaped curve stands?

If you mean a stand like this:

I have one on order (zebra!). I'll post it when it arrives, but hopefully someone already has one on hand that they can snap shot.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #3,959 of 6,388
Just got mine in, upgrade from the oldest shure 840 version to the new and improved alpha pads. This is a night and day upgrade. The comfort is a huge improvement over the shure pads and I can honestly say that these are most comfortable headphone I have ever worn (note with the comfort strap), and I have never had such a good seal over my ears. 

The sound is also improved by alot. I have to listen a bit more to say exactly what I hear, and maybe give them a comparison to the HE500.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #3,960 of 6,388
Listening a bit to England Without Rain by Talk Less, Say More (you can get the full album in FLAC at Records on Ribs's site for free), and I've become even more impressed with the MD. They've become my default portable despite their bulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back