"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Feb 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #3,451 of 6,388
Innerfidelity has a graph available that shows the attenuation of external sounds vs. frequency.  Not sure if the Mad Dogs with Alphas were used for this measurement, but they should isolate more than the Dog pads.  Seems very close between these headphones.

DT770 600Ω
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicDT770.pdf

Mad Dogs
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersMadDogA.pdf

Feb 19, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #3,453 of 6,388
Quote:
Hey there, 

Out of one rig MrSpeakers had the Lyr/Bifrost combo. The middle was the Magni/Modi stack and I believe the far left was out of a Burson (I'm not sure which one, I didn't get a chance to listen to that one :/ ) 

Quote:
The Burson was a great match.  

Thanks guys. I would love a Burson but they are a bit out of my price range in Canada.

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3,454 of 6,388
Quote:
Innerfidelity has a graph available that shows the attenuation of external sounds vs. frequency.  Not sure if the Mad Dogs with Alphas were used for this measurement, but they should isolate more than the Dog pads.  Seems very close between these headphones.

DT770 600Ω
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicDT770.pdf

Mad Dogs
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersMadDogA.pdf

they weren't

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3,455 of 6,388
How did they do with the Magni?

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #3,456 of 6,388
Quote:
Hey there, 

Out of one rig MrSpeakers had the Lyr/Bifrost combo. The middle was the Magni/Modi stack and I believe the far left was out of a Burson (I'm not sure which one, I didn't get a chance to listen to that one :/ ) 

The far left was a Burson Conductor.  

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #3,457 of 6,388
Quote:

The far left was a Burson Conductor.  

Well that is far far far out of my price range.
darthsmile.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3,458 of 6,388
Quote:
I did this as well.
There's a reason he doesn't get many return units
wink.gif

You guys think my E-11/ZO double amp will do these justice?  I love Q-40's but these........just sound amazing.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #3,459 of 6,388
You guys think my E-11/ZO double amp will do these justice?  I love Q-40's but these........just sound amazing.
They should, an amp won't make a huge difference besides the ZO. I'll run them with my Magni. When they arrive.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #3,460 of 6,388
Quote:

I might not even include the Zo. That might potentially add too much bass. I don't have my E11 right now (it's on loan) but I'm using the E07k with them right now and it's just about as good as my iPod LOD and an O2

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #3,461 of 6,388
Quote:
I might not even include the Zo. That might potentially add too much bass. I don't have my E11 right now (it's on loan) but I'm using the E07k with them right now and it's just about as good as my iPod LOD and an O2

First off, there's no such thing as too much bass!  LOL. Seriously, this dual amp setup is more about depth of sound improvements and bass at low volume levels.

im ordering MD's with Alpha pads tomorrow.  Can.  Not.  Wait.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #3,462 of 6,388
First off, there's no such thing as too much bass!  LOL. Seriously, this dual amp setup is more about depth of sound improvements and bass at low volume levels.

Good luck!

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #3,463 of 6,388
Quote:

The MDs have a completely different bass from a lot of headphones, just as a heads up. You can EQ the heck out of the bass and they never get poopy. The tradeoff though is that their bass response never increases in massive amounts. However, I find the bass to be more than enough. It's perfect actually. I love it.
There is such a thing as too much bass BTW, it's called the Hisound Wooduo 2s 
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #3,464 of 6,388
Quote:
The MDs have a completely different bass from a lot of headphones, just as a heads up. You can EQ the heck out of the bass and they never get poopy. The tradeoff though is that their bass response never increases in massive amounts. However, I find the bass to be more than enough. It's perfect actually. I love it.
There is such a thing as too much bass BTW, it's called the Hisound Wooduo 2s 
tongue.gif

Again, it's all about their quality over quantity. Akin to Audez'es

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #3,465 of 6,388

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back