Macbook Pro or Android dual output to headphones + Buttkicker
Nov 24, 2019 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BrockSamson

New Head-Fier
I want to get a 2nd audio setup for the office. Source would be Spotify premium via a Macbook Pro and/or possibly an Android phone. The issue is that I want a Buttkicker in the mix which kinda throws a wrench into normal way of connecting everything. I see 3 obvious solutions but I'm not sure how these would impact sound quality or if there are other options that I missed.
  • MBP multi-device aggregate output to bluetooth (headphones) and 3.5mm jack (buttkicker)
  • MBP multi-device aggregate output to usb (headphones or dac/amp) and 3.5mm jack (buttkicker)
  • Android single output to splitter(?) and somehow connect it all up to not reduce audio quality to heapdhones? (I'm assuming Android can't output audio to multiple devices)
Does anyone use anything like this? Would using this multi-device aggregate output cause any downsampling or other issues with sound quality? If that didn't work and I was stuck with just Android output is there a good way to split a signal, whether via 3.5mm or usb to a dac/amp, to both headphones and the buttkicker without losing audio quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back