MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread
Jan 9, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #167 of 235
I just received my set of black Gt100s,I outfitted them with Comply T 500,blue for L.Red for R.tips,left the silver nozzles in place,running them through a Fiio E07k and E 11 Kilamanjaro stack with Zfi interconnects, from my Neutron pro off a 64 gig Samsung Galaxy Note 5,incredible landscape,dynamic spatial separation, put them up against my Me electronic M6 pros,with Comply T 500 tips,definitely a different monster,just like the dynamics and playback from the Gt100s,within the recorded format at 64 bits,now the Me M6 pros are used more for the live music venue, which I find very suitable, when I don't feel like employing my pair of AT.M50X'S or my Sony 7506 behind the boards!

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #168 of 235
Got this IEM about 2 weeks ago on amazon. First impression was not that good, piercing high and recessed mid, the sound kinda missing something and also it sounds very tubey like the sound bounces off a tube or something. Let it burn for more than 70 hours+ now and it changed. No more piercing high,everything settled down and smooth out. Now, the treble is smooth, but very sparkly; mid is more forward; bass is toned down a bit, less boomy, a lot of rumble, but not that punchy; detail is amazing, so much so that if you have low quality songs, it will sound bad. The most interesting is the spatial and instrument separation, it has the best  and most realistic spatial presentation from any IEMs that I have. Listening to binaural recording is amazing with Gt100s. I am using the silver filter and spinfit tips. For $60, it is a steal.

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #169 of 235
Guys im looking to upgrade my current buds from TTPOD T1 to some new IEM. I have been looking at the MEE M6 Pros but I came across these Macaws today. How would you compare the two as far as SQ is concerned. Which would you invest in?

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #171 of 235
I have bad news my left side with my fiio 12e has driver problems, but my brother is not like me ,so I gave it to him to use with his lg stylo phone, and they sound perfect on his phone,so he won't have a problem, I'm gonna order another pair, try and use judgement when using a good amp

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #172 of 235
Guys im looking to upgrade my current buds from TTPOD T1 to some new IEM. I have been looking at the MEE M6 Pros but I came across these Macaws today. How would you compare the two as far as SQ is concerned. Which would you invest in?
M6pro is a great earphone. They sound great but they aren't on the same level as the Macaw in terms of sound quality.

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #173 of 235
No they are not, it's amazing , I would compare them to my uetriplefi10,they are bright and crisp, very clear buds, I can compare the to buds in the 2 or 3 hundreds, amazing, they have a comparison to something like the dita earbuds , be happy, I blew mine because I pushed the bass toohard, now for my brothers phone or tablet they are still good ,but with amp it's not good anymore ,so I'm ordering another along with the flc8s, and I head ath im70 are great

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #174 of 235
So I got my GT100s yesterday. First I want to say how shockingly accurate some of these reviews have been. Very on point with the reviews. With that being said these GT100s sounds absolutely amazing. They really do have this audible black space between instruments like another member said. Is there a way to describe something as being too clear sounding, because if there is these would probably fit in that category. The bass is good and they have a very overall neutral sound. I've only had limited time with them about 15 hours of playback through my SMSL M2 DAC @ work. My co-worker has a pair of Shure 425s and Titan 1s and I listened to both and I honestly preferred the Macaws. For the money I certainly couldn't hear the difference. These are proving to be quite the bargain.

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #175 of 235
  So I got my GT100s yesterday. First I want to say how shockingly accurate some of these reviews have been. Very on point with the reviews. With that being said these GT100s sounds absolutely amazing. They really do have this audible black space between instruments like another member said. Is there a way to describe something as being too clear sounding, because if there is these would probably fit in that category. The bass is good and they have a very overall neutral sound. I've only had limited time with them about 15 hours of playback through my SMSL M2 DAC @ work. My co-worker has a pair of Shure 425s and Titan 1s and I listened to both and I honestly preferred the Macaws. For the money I certainly couldn't hear the difference. These are proving to be quite the bargain.

GT100s has the best spatial imaging of all my other IEMs. Listening to live music or watching movie is such a joy with it. I am using the black filter and spiral dot tip. 

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #176 of 235
So after wearing these for a few days I've come to the conclusion that the cable around the monitor itself should have been covered with memory wire of some sort. I find it hard to keep the wire tucked behind my ear.

Are there any slip on covers that are available on the aftermarket  or any other solutions available to solve this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back