Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Mar 23, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #2,056 of 3,495
Yes, in fact user interface of Audirvana Plus 2.0 will look very much like that of iTunes with main window showing album tittles/artworks, artist and song names. Both applications can be used separately without interference. Of course the only way to know final implementation is to wait for its launch in near future.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #2,057 of 3,495
To be honest I don't want two library's, even if A+ is able to provide such a function. I still need to sync my IToys so what would be ideal for me is that I could point A+ to my iTunes library and have it access the music from there while giving me a nice library view.

Maybe that's what's in the works given the already existing iTunes integration.

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #2,058 of 3,495
This file management feature, is it what I'm looking for?

I'm a new user and got Audirvana+ to play FLAC and DSD files on a separate HDD, leaving the normal MP3 files on my iMac to be handled by iTunes. I do not intend to use A+ to play my iTunes music.

It can be done now

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,059 of 3,495
I have been thinking of giving Liztic a try:
popcorn.gif

https://www.liztic.com/#/index

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #2,063 of 3,495
So with this liztic product you pay a monthly fee to listen to YOUR music.....
'Cus me, but that is lame!

I agree.

I downloaded the demo of Fidelia on my Mac but could I get to to play a track? Could I hell. It's gone.

It looks like it's JRiver for me.

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #2,065 of 3,495

I agree.

I downloaded the demo of Fidelia on my Mac but could I get to to play a track? Could I hell. It's gone.

It looks like it's JRiver for me.

I demoed both of these platforms 18 months ago and liked them. I just happen to like the latest by A+ better. If your choice works for you, then... 
thumbsup.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #2,066 of 3,495
Speed reading...

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/blog/atlantech/2014/01/atlanta-startup-develops.html

So what is it... Monthly subscription or Annual Subscription or neither... Maybe the author of the article is wrong...

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #2,067 of 3,495
Quote:
  I demoed both of these platforms 18 months ago and liked them. I just happen to like the latest by A+ better. If your choice works for you, then... 
thumbsup.gif

If you go to their website, click on their Press releases and Articles link, click on the Atlanta Business Chronicle press release and read the article, you will see where I got my information. 
Do you know which one is right?

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,068 of 3,495

If you go to their website, click on their Press releases and Articles link, click on the Atlanta Business Chronicle press release and read the article, you will see where I got my information. 
Do you know which one is right?

Ah... 
wink_face.gif
 I'm the ONE with egg on my face for not initially reading carefully last month. I merely glanced at the front page and noted the "No Subscription Required." Had I looked at account types, that would have tipped me off. Well, at least the eggs were from "Cage free & Vegetarian fed Hens." 
tongue_smile.gif

smiley_thumb.gif
 Yes, you were right... subscription model. But "Free" for a measly 250 songs a month across 3 devices, I'll note.

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2,069 of 3,495
I've updated the first post and the wiki. Songbird (the company) folded last year and the app lives on as Nightingale.

I've updated the descriptions for Vox and Audirvana and removed the non-updated programs.

Apr 27, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #2,070 of 3,495
Clementine for lossy music files
Cog for lossless :)

EDIT: Just downloaded Audirvana Plus and using the trial for now, since so many head-fiers on this thread and others recommend it so. Wow! I am loving it, the sound quality, practicality, and resource-handling just blows me away. I think it might be my only alternative player to iTunes on Mac OS X :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back