M6 and TF10 comparison question
May 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nextmick

New Head-Fier
So I picked up a pair of the MEElectronics M6's and upon first impressions, all I can say is Holy Bass Batman.  It seems to drag the bass out of songs that didn't have any before.  Upon which the next thing I do is plug in my dearly beloved TripleFi 10's and sit there nearly broken hearted at the seemingly absent bass.  So I have one simple question:

Is this a normal observation in comparing these two headphones?

I know that the TF10 bass topic is more disputed than that of America's president, but after reading my guts out on the topic, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, comparing these two headphones to see if what I'm hearing is normal.  If that's the way that they sound, I'm totally happy with them having their own sound signature, I just want to make sure that they're not *shudder* broken. =(  

Does anybody have both of these headphones and can confirm/bust what I'm hearing is what I should be hearing?

Thanks so much everyone.  I <3 u all for all ur input.

Oh, P.S.  I think I came up with a solution for the TF10 fit issue other than the Comply tips.  Use the triple flanged tip that comes with the MEElectronics stuff!  ITS AMAZING!!! =D

May 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Coming from the M6, I did not understand why some people would say the TF10 has a lot of bass. Then I got the MEElectonics A151 and suddenly the TF10 has a lot of bass. A lot of just has to do with what you are comparing it with. Another big thing I think is that balanced armatures just have a different sound than dynamics. Dynamics just have more punchy bass in my experience, whereas BA is softer and more detailed. Anyway, I do not think your pair is defective, they just do bass differently.

EDIT: BTW, do you listen to the TF10 at low volumes? I normally listen at less than 25% volume on my iPod touch and noticed that the TF10 really needs a little more juice to get good bass. Turning it up few more notches makes a big difference.

May 6, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Thank you very much for the reply =)  You were absolutely right about turning the volume up.  That made a HUGE difference.  It was bumping like nobody's business, and was still incredibly clean and crisp.

I just hadn't head anything with bass like the M6 before, so all of a sudden I had doubts.  Just another example of two different headphones having 2 different personalities I guess.  Thanks again! =D

May 6, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 6
TF10 is one of the heavier BA bass IEMs, you would be one of the few people to say it didn't have enough bass 
tongue.gif

May 6, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
TF10 is one of the heavier BA bass IEMs, you would be one of the few people to say it didn't have enough bass 
tongue.gif

This. The TF10's bass quantity is very close to that of the Turbine Copper, but can't compete with dynamic driver's low rumble at 30 Hz and below.

M6's bass quantity is similar to regular Turbines, which is more than the TF10 and Coppers.

May 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
tongue.gif

The first time I used my TF10s (coming from the ER6i), I thought to myself, "Oh! So this is what bass sounds like..." 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back