M50s overrated?
Jul 28, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #467 of 991
If you stretch the headband on the M50s, their comfort is like a 11/10. I have never felt a more comfortable closed, pleather padded headphone (and I normally hate pleather). I agree that in stock form, the M50s are very clampy and somewhat uncomfortable.

I agree the soundstage isn't great, but I'm not a soundstage nut when it comes to closed headphones.

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #470 of 991
Quote:

We all know it is a good phone (for the price). The argument of this thread is that it is overrated. Its good, not the best that  
you can just bypass all other phones. 

i was unaware of any serious people who have acually listened to many quality cans argue that it bypasses all other phones

anyhow, i guess i was a bit unclear as to how good i think they are.
there are few if any that i would put above them in the same price category ($130) for general use.

so yeah, not overrated in my opinion.

but there are many who have not listened to anything better and who argue that it is the end all be all

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #476 of 991
Quote:
Anything popular is bound to be overrated. That is human nature.

That is very true indeed =) .... Anything popular, I MEAN ANYTHING POPULAR, regularly gets overrated.. Why'd you think that the Beats by Dr. Dre got so many buyers but the only thing great about them is the design, yeah the beats pro and studios both has good sound quality, but the price they have given it is just too much. You can get a pair of cans that has a far more greater SQ than them. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #477 of 991
The m50's are very good cans.. they have these sound signature that suites many of the consumers.. not to bright and not too dark, this Cans are in between of them.... the Bass that this cans reproduce is not that much, I find them flat sounding for an apparent reason. The recessed mids that they say is not that noticeable also. These Cans are great with the price to performance ratio, but I do recommend to have a broader mind in picking a set of Cans, what I mean is don't be shadowed by their popularity. Even if they are overly praised by others, try to test the others, by means try to pick what suites you. not the one's that are because they popular or because they are recommended by a friend, saying that these are the "Greatest headphones that you will hear!"... You won't go wrong in buying the m50's but it is safe to say that the m50's are not the best headphones out there. Remember that they are JUST an entry- level headphones, meaning there are giants that these cans can't beat..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back