M50 from TMA-1?
Mar 7, 2012 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dknguy

New Head-Fier
hey guys,

I currently have the AiAiAi TMA-1's and have been contemplating if I should get the M50's for months now. I was also thinking if I should keep both or sell my TMA-1's if I do get them.

I really need help. I've been losing sleep and its been affecting my health and school trying to figure it out (seriously...). What do you guys think?

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 10

Quote:
I really need help. I've been losing sleep and its been affecting my health and school trying to figure it out (seriously...). 

You need help. It's just a budget headphone. Get your priorities straight. 

Why do you think you need another budget closed portable? Why not invest in an actual upgrade? 

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:

You need help. It's just a budget headphone. Get your priorities straight. 

Why do you think you need another budget closed portable? Why not invest in an actual upgrade? 

I know I need help... I was also thinking about the d2000 when it was $200 but its over now. Don't know when it will be that price again What upgrades would you or anybody else recommend?

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 10
For a full change of style, you could go FA-003/HM5. It would allow you to experience an open-sounding, neutral full-sizer. Also, you won't be losing anything in SQ (some consider the TMA-1 to be on a higher tier of sound than the M50), as the FA-003 and HM5 have been compared favorably to the HD600, and I can back that up since I own both.

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
For a full change of style, you could go FA-003/HM5. It would allow you to experience an open-sounding, neutral full-sizer. Also, you won't be losing anything in SQ (some consider the TMA-1 to be on a higher tier of sound than the M50), as the FA-003 and HM5 have been compared favorably to the HD600, and I can back that up since I own both.

Thank you ssrock for your input. I think I'm losing confidence in my TMA-1's because it is so dark (I came from the ety hf5), but you brought it back a little. I tried EQing but I feel like its missing something... Maybe its because I want to hear the headphone how it was meant to be heard.

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #7 of 10
The only problem with the FA-003/HM5 is that it's constantly out-of-stock. For the FA-003, try contacting Musica Acoustics if you're in America, Frogbeats in the UK, and Headsound in Germany. Elsewhere, GD Audiobase ships worldwide but aren't recommended. For the HM5, only MP4Nation has them and they constantly sell out.

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
The only problem with the FA-003/HM5 is that it's constantly out-of-stock. For the FA-003, try contacting Musica Acoustics if you're in America, Frogbeats in the UK, and Headsound in Germany. Elsewhere, GD Audiobase ships worldwide but aren't recommended. For the HM5, only MP4Nation has them and they constantly sell out.

You could also look into other stores that sell the Yoga CD-880, since both the FA-003 and HM5 are OEM'ed from that headphone. 

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AA2065&CATID=85&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=1015#4
http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-23030410-Professional_Monitor_Headphones

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

Quote:
You could also look into other stores that sell the Yoga CD-880, since both the FA-003 and HM5 are OEM'ed from that headphone. 

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AA2065&CATID=85&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=1015#4
http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-23030410-Professional_Monitor_Headphones

Thanks guys. I'm in the States though. And it doesn't seem Musica Acoustics sells it onlines. Maybe I'll email them tomorrow. Is there anywhere in that ships these HP's to the US?

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #10 of 10
GD Audiobase does shipping to the US, but it can take a month or two. A lot of the horror stories about their business have scared folks away, but they've cleaned up their act. You still can't help Russian customs, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back