M2Tech HiFace 2?
May 20, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #106 of 562
Quote:
It was a joke in response to what the person said:)))

There's plenty of articles about jitter, but it doesn't tell me a single thing, especially when writers that are experts in this field still cannot really explain things accurate in threads going on right now...

i wasnt joking at all.
Jitter is already damn hard (and expensive) to measure, measuring the spectra is even harder, so i'm afraid u have to accept the hearing "measurements" for lack of a better explanation.

May 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #107 of 562
Quote:

i wasnt joking at all.
Jitter is already damn hard (and expensive) to measure, measuring the spectra is even harder, so i'm afraid u have to accept the hearing "measurements" for lack of a better explanation.

And I'm afraid you forgot the thing called placebo.

May 24, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #108 of 562
Quote:
I no longer listen for jitter...I just listen to music:)

smily_headphones1.gif

Is there any materials about jitter spectrum?

May 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #109 of 562
Quote:

LOLS:))  At least it's R2D2 and not C3PO or would it be C3PO that would be better to rely on?:))

He did say that the tools can measure things, but in the end, it's the ears so that's indeed subjective, or even placebo depending on who's ears we trust and do not trust:wink::)) I say we all just trust the audiophile writers...they have so many words to describe things it's difficult to get past the first sentence once they start getting into it:))))

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #114 of 562
Quote:

Blatant troll is blatant.  I think you forgot your manners bro.

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #115 of 562
I have no idea whether one can hear jitter?

I bought a HiFace two and using it in the following set up: JRiver > Wasapi > HiFace 2 > V800 > V200.

The results are stunning, Soundstage has increased especially perception of depth, the transparency and also the improvements in bass is awe-inspiring! What a great little piece of kit!

Highly recommended. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #116 of 562
Quote:

Blatant troll is blatant.  I think you forgot your manners bro.

My apology if that post offended anyone, I didn't mean it. But please do enlighten me which part of it makes me look like a troll, considering I am one of the very first people buying the Hiface 2 here?
I am not very familiar with the digital world but when it comes to tuning iems and headphones, I trust numbers more than anything else, ears come last, and I believe it's not that much different for audio electronics engineers.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #117 of 562
Quote:
My apology if that post offended anyone, I didn't mean it. But please do enlighten me which part of it makes me look like a troll, considering I am one of the very first people buying the Hiface 2 here?
I am not very familiar with the digital world but when it comes to tuning iems and headphones, I trust numbers more than anything else, ears come last, and I believe it's not that much different for audio electronics engineers.

Designing a piece of electronics or a headphone driver from a technological standpoint is very different from evaluating such a piece of equipment.  After all we do not hear with our eyes - so although numbers can be useful to verify changes and differences - if you can't actually hear a difference or don't like what you hear the change is worthless.  Also I think a lot of equipment manufacturers evaluate products by ear - you would have to be crazy not to as if your equipment measures well but sounds dry, forward and grainy nobody is going to buy it right?

It's like "I don't agree with you because I expect X or hear Y" as opposed to "have you considered that your perception might be flawed."  Both of them I guess are challenging the exclusive validity of the other persons observations, but to me the former is more constructive as it introduces new material to the discourse rather than being purely subversive/critical.  I mean to use HiFace 2 over onboard TOSLINK one is already venturing beyond what can be proven to be audibly different right?
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #118 of 562
I have the original HiFace and am using it with Foobar in KS mode, outputting to a Benchmark DAC1.

The original HiFace manual claims to guarantee bitperfect transfer in KS mode and the Benchmark asynchronously resamples of the incoming datastream to 110khz, which is claimed to attenuate the problem of jitter. So if the improvements on mk2 are only jitter-related, then I can't see how upgrading will help me in anyway. Surely an improvement in SQ would need to be related to problems with the bitperfect transfer itself, unless the Benchmark Ultralock technology is not as infallible as they claim.

At least that's the theory..

Has anyone tried mk1 versus mk2 with a Benchmark DAC1?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back