M-Audio Q40 Bass weak?
Aug 10, 2012 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ultimoblade

New Head-Fier
I just recently received my M-Audio Q40's in the mail from amazon and gave them a test run. Im not sure if i expected to much or possibly headphones are faulty or just maybe I didnt do something right, but the bass seems to be very underpowered. I can definately hear it but the power and punch seem to be on par with my skull candy in ear headphones which to me is a little dissappointing if thats how there suppose to perform. Im just plugging the headphones into my iphone and my computer jack if that helps out at all

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 2
If you can, plug them into your computer or some other source, and let them run for about 24 hours or so on a shuffled playlist of various types of music you enjoy.  I don't remember for sure if mine took a while to burn in but I kinda think they did.  I don't have them with me right now to try them right out of my iPod (similar to iPhone), and I found them disappointing out of my work PC (a Dell desktop workstation).  However, when I added the relatively inexpensive iBasso D-Zero to the mix, they improved dramatically, whether I just use it's amp (via an LOD from my iPod), or both DAC and amp (via USB from the Dell desktop). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back