LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #1,351 of 1,793
Hi dude, i just got my LZ A7 today and tested with my LG V30+ and yes i also experienced the static/hissing noise.The hissing noise goes away once i turn on Hi-Fi Quad DAC though..

Did you managed to resolve that issue?

You gave me a glimmer of hope for a second. I had to put the stock cable back on the A7 and plug it into the LG V30+ to check. With Quad DAC on and off, if I try to make a phone call, I get horrible static. A friend of mine tried them on his phone, I think he has an LG 40 and he ran into the same static issue, but his was worse, he has static even while playing music. He was testing my A7. When I play music, the static ceases or perhaps it goes very low in volume. I should test it with a black background. If I use the A7 with a balanced cable on and use my ES100 as a source, I get no static whether playing music or making a call.

I bought mine from the NiceHCK Aliexpress shop and they are giving me the run around with this video nonsense. They want a video of static. I'm disappointed that such a high dollar IEM has this issue. None of my other 15+ IEMs have this issue.

Where did you get your LZ A7? Thanks for following up.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,352 of 1,793
You gave me a glimmer of hope for a second. I had to put the stock cable back on the A7 and plug it into the LG V30+ to check. With Quad DAC on and off, if I try to make a phone call, I get horrible static. A friend of mine tried them on his phone, I think he has an LG 40 and he ran into the same static issue, but his was worse, he has static even while playing music. He was testing my A7. When I play music, the static ceases or perhaps it goes very low in volume. I should test it with a black background. If I use the A7 with a balanced cable on and use my ES100 as a source, I get no static whether playing music or making a call.

I bought mine from the NiceHCK Aliexpress shop and they are giving me the run around with this video nonsense. They want a video of static. I'm disappointed that such a high dollar IEM has this issue. None of my other 15+ IEMs have this issue.

I bought mine from NiceHCK Audio Store, mmcx connectors failed, contact them, send them some videos of the issue, and will ship back earphone pieces for repair.

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,353 of 1,793
Mine from Nicehck audio shop too but so far had no issue even with the new balance cable connected to my Fiio Q5s TC

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #1,354 of 1,793

I bought mine from "NiceHCK Audio Store" from Aliexpress.

I only have my LG V30+ as my main media player. So i am really disappointed with this experience.

I tried during calls too and it has static with Quad DAC on/off.

With Quad DAC on, theres no static/hiss from mine but will hiss randomly when no audio is being played. What?!

With Quad DAC off, i managed to eliminate the static/hiss by plugging in an impedance adapter plug inline with my V30+ and A7. I only had 80ohms plug so thats all i can test with but it will noticeably affect the max volume(volume can be louder with Quad Dac turned on).
And to me it looks ridiculous having the plug protruding 2.5" from the phone.

There are like 20/50/75ohms adapter on aliexpress but i'm not sure what minimum value that will help remove the static noise.

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #1,355 of 1,793
Are you using a 3.5mm TRRS cable that has Mic & Audio Controls, with your LG phones and LZ A7 earphones?

Jan 24, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #1,356 of 1,793
Are you using a 3.5mm TRRS cable that has Mic & Audio Controls, with your LG phones and LZ A7 earphones?
I tried with the original cable that came with LZ A7 and still have that noise.
Tried with 2 other cables those are with mic and has the noise.
Tried another cable with no mic still has that noise.
Tried with a bluetooth adaptor and doesnt have the noise.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #1,357 of 1,793
Any heavy electronics nearby your audio system? My cell phone will cause static when I get incoming texts, with certain IEMs/cables.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #1,359 of 1,793
I tried with the original cable that came with LZ A7 and still have that noise.
Tried with 2 other cables those are with mic and has the noise.
Tried another cable with no mic still has that noise.
Tried with a bluetooth adaptor and doesnt have the noise.

Same here. I tried the original cable and a separate non-mic mmcx/3.5mm cable and report the same static/hiss. I ruled out the cable as I hear static with other cables. My only relief for tyre A7 is using a balanced cable with the ES100 which is a bummer because it reduces the utility of the IEMs.

For kicks, I tried the LZ A7 stock cable on my ISN H40's and there "0" static and hiss.

I'd love to hear if anyone with a V30+ does NOT have static issues... any takers?

Jan 24, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,360 of 1,793
Same here. I tried the original cable and a separate non-mic mmcx/3.5mm cable and report the same static/hiss. I ruled out the cable as I hear static with other cables. My only relief for tyre A7 is using a balanced cable with the ES100 which is a bummer because it reduces the utility of the IEMs.

For kicks, I tried the LZ A7 stock cable on my ISN H40's and there "0" static and hiss.

I'd love to hear if anyone with a V30+ does NOT have static issues... any takers?
I have a V30, but won’t receive my A7 for another few weeks - will try out this combination when I do receive it. I do have experience with IEMs having static when played with certain sources due to the combination of the noise floor of the source and the sensitivity of the IEM (my R6 Pro has this issue with very sensitive IEMs) and in other cases due to EMI interference (virtually all of my dongles pick up EMI interference from LTE cellular).

Whatever the reason you are experiencing this, sounds like a pretty significant problem for you... why not return the product, or sell it?

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #1,361 of 1,793
I have a V30, but won’t receive my A7 for another few weeks - will try out this combination when I do receive it. I do have experience with IEMs having static when played with certain sources due to the combination of the noise floor of the source and the sensitivity of the IEM (my R6 Pro has this issue with very sensitive IEMs) and in other cases due to EMI interference (virtually all of my dongles pick up EMI interference from LTE cellular).

Whatever the reason you are experiencing this, sounds like a pretty significant problem for you... why not return the product, or sell it?

NiceHCK will not take a return as I offered up that solution so now I'm going to make a video today to show them the issue. Don't get me wrong though, on the ES100, these sound every bit as good as this thread has emphasized and in the end, I would rather have A7's that don't have this issue. Now if this is in fact an LG V30+ only issue, let's flush it out so maybe I can be happy knowing my unit is not defective. I found it odd that it behaved the same way on my friend's phone. I can confirm what he was listening with.

Edit: Confirmed the other phone was in fact an LG V40.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #1,362 of 1,793
I have an LG V30, and not the 30+.
According to web searches, they have the same audio circuitry, and the only difference is in the amount of internal storage (64-GB vs. 128-GB).

Using a LunaShops LN004900 - Unbalanced 4-ft Cable w/Mic & Remote Volume (3.5mm TRRS Plug -to- MMCX) on my LZ A7, I'm listening to music from either UAPP or Spotify Premium, without any extraneous noise. The Play/Pause and Vol+/Vol- buttons work fine with both apps.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #1,363 of 1,793
I have an LG V30, and not the 30+.
According to web searches, they have the same audio circuitry, and the only difference is in the amount of internal storage (64-GB vs. 128-GB).

Using a LunaShops LN004900 - Unbalanced 4-ft Cable w/Mic & Remote Volume (3.5mm TRRS Plug -to- MMCX) on my LZ A7, I'm listening to music from either UAPP or Spotify Premium, without any extraneous noise. The Play/Pause and Vol+/Vol- buttons work fine with both apps.
Have u tried connected with the bundled cable that comes with the hp

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #1,364 of 1,793
Have u tried connected with the bundled cable that comes with the hp

What does it look like?
I tossed it aside, into a pile of other cables, when the earphones arrived - since I'm using different Balanced cables.

Jan 24, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #1,365 of 1,793
What does it look like?
I tossed it aside, into a pile of other cables, when the earphones arrived - since I'm using different Balanced cables.
Ezy... Several LZ Audio markings at cables

Attachments

• 20210125_074620.jpg
    20210125_074620.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back