LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Jan 24, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #1,366 of 1,793
Ezy... Several LZ Audio markings at cables

Ah, searching for a cable looking like that, has reminded me that they sent the wrong cable in my order - it came with an 8-Core 2-Pin cable, rather than an MMCX cable.
So, I can't actually test the LZ A7 earphones with the cable that came with them.

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #1,367 of 1,793
Ah, searching for a cable looking like that, has reminded me that they sent the wrong cable in my order - it came with an 8-Core 2-Pin cable, rather than an MMCX cable.
So, I can't actually test the LZ A7 earphones with the cable that came with them.
Wow. Who did you order from?

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,368 of 1,793
Jan 24, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #1,369 of 1,793
I have an LG V30, and not the 30+.
According to web searches, they have the same audio circuitry, and the only difference is in the amount of internal storage (64-GB vs. 128-GB).

Using a LunaShops LN004900 - Unbalanced 4-ft Cable w/Mic & Remote Volume (3.5mm TRRS Plug -to- MMCX) on my LZ A7, I'm listening to music from either UAPP or Spotify Premium, without any extraneous noise. The Play/Pause and Vol+/Vol- buttons work fine with both apps.
This is played without activating the HiFi Quad Dac and you did not encouter any static/hiss noise correct?

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,371 of 1,793
Moondrop blessing 2: Dusk vs. Lz A7 vs. Fiio FD5

Which one sounds better?
I like good quality bass and primarily listen to EDM and pop
Havent heard the B2 dusk (but have the original B2) and both the A7 and the FD5 outclass it.

For EDM and pop, I would go for the FD5.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,372 of 1,793
My A7 arrived today. Out of the box this thing sounds amazing! Incredible detail. Filter/switch combinations make sense (currently trying monitor/red), soundstage is great, and I am happily enjoying my music collection all over again. I have other expensive iems (Mangird Tea, Audiosense T800, Senheiser IE800, etc.) but the A7 is in a category of its own. Everything about the sound is refined and polished. Hell, I even like the amateurish radioshack looks of the A7!

An interesting quirk: When the A7 is plugged to myFiio M9 while it's charging, it occasionally zaps me with low voltage dc in the ears...

Jan 25, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,373 of 1,793
My A7 arrived today. Out of the box this thing sounds amazing! Incredible detail. Filter/switch combinations make sense (currently trying monitor/red), soundstage is great, and I am happily enjoying my music collection all over again. I have other expensive iems (Mangird Tea, Audiosense T800, Senheiser IE800, etc.) but the A7 is in a category of its own. Everything about the sound is refined and polished. Hell, I even like the amateurish radioshack looks of the A7!

An interesting quirk: When the A7 is plugged to myFiio M9 while it's charging, it occasionally zaps me with low voltage dc in the ears...
Yeah, I'm not going to bite on that Tea. Good to hear!
:thumbsup:

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #1,374 of 1,793

I guess its because of their aluminium shell??😅

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #1,375 of 1,793

Glad you like it.

I'm not an expert, but in general, I was advised by others never to charge and listen to DAPs at the same time?

Jan 26, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #1,376 of 1,793
This is played without activating the HiFi Quad Dac and you did not encouter any static/hiss noise correct?

With both UAPP and Spotify, the Quad DAC was On.
When I went in to the Sound Settings, and switched it Off - there was static/noise while playing music in Spotify, but not while playing .flac tracks in UAPP.
UAPP is set to use its own High Res Audio Driver, when possible.

Jan 26, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #1,377 of 1,793
With both UAPP and Spotify, the Quad DAC was On.
When I went in to the Sound Settings, and switched it Off - there was static/noise while playing music in Spotify, but not while playing .flac tracks in UAPP.
UAPP is set to use its own High Res Audio Driver, when possible.
Ok got it. I also dont have static/hiss when Quad DAC is on.

Is LZ A7 a sensitive iem because i was reading and they said sensitive iem could produce hissing? Is it due to its sensitivity?

Jan 26, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #1,378 of 1,793
I recognize that I have brought this up before, but it still puzzles me.

Crinnacle does a pretty good job of IEM measurements. I am not sure I always agree with his overall views of IEMs, but he seems to overall be a credible source. So how is it that he has managed to not review or discuss this particular unit? I think its hard not to put this unit in the top 10 list for 2020, and arguably in the top 3 or better. Is he only focused on units he gets for free? Why does he have the whole Patreon deal going if not to purchase popular well regarded units?

The reason for my beef it that I tend to look at lists that provide useful rankings that can be sorted by various qualities and prices. I look for units with high overall ranking and modest prices. Yet this particular unit is not available to this kind of search.

I have posted this question on his discussion threads but never received any useful response. I mean I have the unit but I would think that others would want to look at it relative to other units he has reviewed and ranked.
+1 I agree that the A7 is a top tier IEM and deserves a top spot on that list, too!

But, then again, I can't help but realize that I don't agree with half of what's on that list with its ranking and sound signatures. That just shows that one is better off getting many reviews from a group of reviewers. For example, through head-fi.org, it is safe to say that on one earphone I can get a lot more information then letting one person from another website tell you that it is worth the money, sound, or what not by his personal thoughts and ratings. I am a US citizen working and living in China for many years and I've tried more than half of those earphones from that website. There are many headphone shops here where I can easily try them. That's why I don't just rely on one persons review, but many to make my own decision to purchase an IEM, whether it's branded or DIY. Now, whether I can afford them, or not? That depends on how much am I willing to spend.

So, if I may speak freely, I believe in more honest reviews coming from a group of reviewers like "you guys" then to rely on just one person from another website. Then, I can make a proper decision if that IEM is right for me, or not.

...and I agree with most reviews here that the LZ A7 is a top tier IEM. They are clearly that good for the price when compared to other reputably branded and highly praised DIY earphones.

-Clear :handshake:

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #1,379 of 1,793
Glad you like it.

I'm not an expert, but in general, I was advised by others never to charge and listen to DAPs at the same time?

Indeed, though I thought that was because of the background noise/hum/hiss. I charge mine while listening occasionally, and it's the first time I am zapped (just a light tingling from low voltage dc). No big deal anyway, and doesn't happen all the time. I just thought it was an interesting quirk to mention.

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #1,380 of 1,793
Ok got it. I also dont have static/hiss when Quad DAC is on.

Is LZ A7 a sensitive iem because i was reading and they said sensitive iem could produce hissing? Is it due to its sensitivity?

I am curious about whether any other earphones, that contain piezo tweeters, have the same sort of noise issues on the LG phones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back