LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Jan 16, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #1,336 of 1,793
If there is a serious quality issue that such as bad drivers (I think that was the problem) that trumps most anything. If the left channel on my IEM is out, it is unlikely to be a well regarded member of my collection. Not saying that was the exact problem but it helps to lay out the scenario.
Absolutely agree. My comment was more about why reviewers hear things so differently. A well constructed and high quality IEM will sound good or bad, depending on the individual. A low quality IEM will be garbage to most.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #1,337 of 1,793
Did you figure out what was causing your static/hissing? I have the LG V30+ and I get the same if I'm trying to make a call. Playing music, it's fine. Really odd. This all using the stock single ended cable and an after market one.

I just switched to a balanced cable via the ES100 so I probably won't have the issue anymore since I'm not connecting directly to a phone.

In the long term, this might not matter but it is an annoyance that I can't use these to make calls if directly connected to my LG V30+.

Has anyone used a single ended cable to an LG V30+ to make calls with the LZ A7? I don't have a mic cable, I just use the phone's mic.
Hi dude, i just got my LZ A7 today and tested with my LG V30+ and yes i also experienced the static/hissing noise.The hissing noise goes away once i turn on Hi-Fi Quad DAC though..

Did you managed to resolve that issue?

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #1,338 of 1,793
Seems like mmcx connectors failing on my pair.

I realized sound cuts off when connectors move, they jiggle also. I thought might be cable and tried original cable and it was even more loose and no sound at all. Tried with 2 other cables they all same, they are loose and jiggles, sound cuts off.

Tried all cables with my Isn D10, no problems.

So i think that must be earpieces. Any suggestions?

Such a shame, i love how these sounds. I will contact with seller tomorrow.

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #1,339 of 1,793

I realized sound cuts off when connectors move, they jiggle also. I thought might be cable and tried original cable and it was even more loose and no sound at all. Tried with 2 other cables they all same, they are loose and jiggles, sound cuts off.

Same thing happened to mine, but I changed the cable more than I should have. I loved how they sounded and fit, but it became an obstacle in my mind to keep them if/when it happened to a replacement pair, so I ended up sending them back. I EDC the Fiio FH7 currently, and....dare I say it....I think I might like it better overall.

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #1,340 of 1,793

Changing the cables more will just make it worse.

Check if you can try something like this:

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #1,341 of 1,793
Just changed cable once for balanced, i watched videos but a little worried about damaging or doing something wrong.

I know many people dont like mmcx connectors, but never experienced myself something like this before.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #1,342 of 1,793
Just changed cable once for balanced, i watched videos but a little worried about damaging or doing something wrong.
yeah, I cant comment on that as I have never done that myself.

Jan 19, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #1,343 of 1,793

I know many people dont like mmcx connectors, but never experienced myself something like this before.
I definitely like 2 pin the most. Nowadays, if I need to change the MMCX cable, I will make sure everything is lined up properly before pushing down. I use light pressure and wiggle the connector until it feels stable, then I connect it. Don't know if that's a proper way, but my FH7s have not broken yet.

Jan 19, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #1,344 of 1,793
Each pair of LZ A7 earphones comes with a 8 core 6N OCC silver-plated copper cable. The MMCX connector is stable and durable even after times of plugging test. Detachable feature ensures fully upgradeability. Feel free to upgrade your cable with your preferred one.
Source: Linsoul

I thought it has high quality mmcx giving its price...

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #1,345 of 1,793
Changing the cables more will just make it worse.

Check if you can try something like this:

Is it advisable to use the MMCX to 2 pin adapter and will the SQ remains the same...

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #1,347 of 1,793
Waiting for respond from NiceHCK Audio Store, i hope they will help.

After 1,5 month listening of LZ A7, now i am back to ISN D10. And wow, love A7 even more. D10 is good but A7 in another level.

After reading your LZ A7 mmcx connection, I decided to give my A7 a break and listen to ISN D10.
If I never have the A6 and A7 then I would think my D10 is very good. Now, I hear bloated and slower bass.
I miss my LZ A7, despite most people say they are not basshead units but I am very content with them at least until now.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #1,348 of 1,793
even bggar did a short review on the a7 and said it's really good
Link to review? All I know of is his 5 min unboxing. The A7 isnt listed on his ranking chart, AFAIK.

Jan 23, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #1,350 of 1,793
I am enjoying these IEMs since yesterday. I immediately changed the filters to silver ones, and with POP filter on, I really like the effortless representation. Did not feel the necessity to experiment with other filters yet - this setup is my favourite sound profile (Monitor seting is to bassy for me somehow, like the subbass focus of the POP setting)

While I still enjoy ThieAudio Monarchs slightly more than A7s (may be confirmation bias based on the price difference, or it might be that Monarchs indeed technically better), I am awed how well those A7s play for the price. What surprised me most is how well these play directly out of iPad headphone jack - I think that the strenght of A7s is that they can get the best performance out of even mediocre dac.

For that alone, those have my praise as well as the place in my bag as daily 3.5mm headphones (for situations I do not have my best dac/amp with me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back