LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Dec 26, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #1,232 of 1,793
@IEMusic and @baskingshark since you have both IEMs, do you choose KBEAR Believe or LZ A7 overall?
As @baskingshark said, they are different, but disregarding price, I would easily choose the LZ A7. In fact, of all of my current IEMs, if I could only have one, just for listening to music, it would be the LZ A7 (though I need the se846 as a stage monitor).

Dec 26, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,233 of 1,793
Ok thanks to all for the advices, the choice is made, LZ A7.

I was more single DD oriented initially, but the LZ A7 should be the best for clarity, detail, soundstage and a good variety of different genres.

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #1,234 of 1,793
I always wanted to try Final Audio Type E Eartips, so i decided to get for my LZ A7. But there are old version and 2020 version, which one should i go for? Do they worth it? Any other recommendations also appreciated.

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #1,235 of 1,793
I always wanted to try Final Audio Type E Eartips, so i decided to get for my LZ A7. But there are old version and 2020 version, which one should i go for? Do they worth it? Any other recommendations also appreciated.
2020 version???

I only about these.
1609011919134.png

https://snext-final.com/en/products/accessories/detail/earpiece.html

Where the black version is the standard Type E´s that we are referring to when we say type E. There is also the clear type E´s as well and they have a bit more treble quantity than the normal black version.

I prefer the black one for most. But some very dark iems, like the Final Audio E5000 do benefit from the clear version.

(clear/red and clear are the same, just different color on the stem.)

Dec 26, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #1,236 of 1,793
2020 version???

I only about these.

https://snext-final.com/en/products/accessories/detail/earpiece.html

Where the black version is the standard Type E´s that we are referring to when we say type E. There is also the clear type E´s as well and they have a bit more treble quantity than the normal black version.

I prefer the black one for most. But some very dark iems, like the Final Audio E5000 do benefit from the clear version.

(clear/red and clear are the same, just different color on the stem.)
I'm referring to this, as they say 2020 new version. There is also this, you are referring, i believe.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #1,237 of 1,793
I'm referring to this, as they say 2020 new version. There is also this, you are referring, i believe.
ok, I have no idea what the differences are. But I love the normal version.

Dec 26, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #1,238 of 1,793
I’ve been messing around a lot with the A7 filters today. I really like Blue Monitor, but with a Tanchjim filter on it, however, it developed a channel imbalance, likely from too much damping, combined with humidity. I tried replacing the Tanchjim filter with Moondrop filters, and it became somewhat too dark, and was a bass cannon. The Moondrop filters have a stronger and more broadband damping effect. They tend to affect the middle and upper midrange, and the lower treble. The sub bass, mid bass, and upper treble are not really affected it seems.

I was placing the filters over the stock metal grills on the A7 nozzles. While they A7 nozzle grills seem to be acoustically transparent, they still block some air flow, especially with filters stacked on top of them, so I removed them. I then tried the Moondrop filters by themselves, and the bass wasn’t as muddy, and the sound was a little less congested, but it still was too dark and bassy. I then tried the Tanchjim filters by themselves on the blue nozzles. Now it sounds great to me, especially for a lot of rock and metal genres. Will see if it develops a channel imbalance again with just the Tanchjim filters, without the stock metal grills.

The Moondrop filters are nice, but they don‘t take the place of the Tanchjim filters. They need to make the Tanchjim filters available, hopefully soon.

As a side note, the tweezers/forceps that come with the Moondrop filters are amazingly well designed. They are made of a plastic material, and while they are pointed, the point is slightly wide, like a duck bill. This makes it very easy to pick up, control, place, scoop, and press the edges of the filters. When you squeeze them tightly, the top and bottom push flat against each other also. Simple, but an extremely effective and ergonomic design.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #1,239 of 1,793
Ok thanks to all for the advices, the choice is made, LZ A7.

I was more single DD oriented initially, but the LZ A7 should be the best for clarity, detail, soundstage and a good variety of different genres.
Cable for A7 is a personal choice. Pls take note on mmcx connector. There a report of failing connector somewhere posted.😊

Dec 26, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #1,240 of 1,793
Clear 2020 E types don't do well in my case. Stock tip whirlwind yellow was my default until I gotten KBear 07 tips. 😊

Dec 27, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #1,241 of 1,793
Hi everyone.

I've been enjoying my A7 recently that I purchased from NiceHCK's store. The mmcx connectors were loose right from the beginning. After switching the cable with others twice just out of the curiosity, they got really loose which made me quite nervous. They turning around now. I was complaining about Tin's mmcx connectors but considering the price I paid, I wasn't making a big deal about it. But I can't say the same for A7 unfortunately. I've contacted the customer service about it.

Additionally, I have unique problem that they hissing too much when I connect them to my phone. It's fine totally on dx160.

Hi. I'd like to thank you for giving me the idea. It helped.

I knew that playing with the ring would help however I don't have a good tiny tool to expand it. However, I expanded this split head part and now it's tighter.

One more question : why do I hear this strange hissing, bloated sound when I plug it into my phone? On dx160 is fine and when I connect it to my phone by using type-c dac is also fine.

Did you figure out what was causing your static/hissing? I have the LG V30+ and I get the same if I'm trying to make a call. Playing music, it's fine. Really odd. This all using the stock single ended cable and an after market one.

I just switched to a balanced cable via the ES100 so I probably won't have the issue anymore since I'm not connecting directly to a phone.

In the long term, this might not matter but it is an annoyance that I can't use these to make calls if directly connected to my LG V30+.

Has anyone used a single ended cable to an LG V30+ to make calls with the LZ A7? I don't have a mic cable, I just use the phone's mic.

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #1,242 of 1,793
I replaced the stock cable on the A7 with the FiiO LC2.5C - with excellent results, with Sparrow balanced output. Tips are the grey-red ones - L size - that came with the FH3. Fit and isolation with these tips are quite good. Also, the A7 pair quite well with the DX 160, especially if outfitted with the FiiO LC4.4C cable. These cables, to my ears, improve the sonics significantly, relative to stock. Was worth the extra outlay: each cable came for about $80.

Attachments

• IMG20201228144451.jpg
    IMG20201228144451.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20201228144507.jpg
    IMG20201228144507.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20201228144746.jpg
    IMG20201228144746.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #1,243 of 1,793
Finally got my copy. 50 days of waiting was worth it. An obvious problem is lacking life of female vocals. Although, even in general, the presentation seemed to me quite a bit detached lifeless. There is no richness of sound. On the other hand, I like everything else. No peaks, no sibilance, comfortable for long listening.
Also, bass quantity is present here less than in imr red (pink filter).

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #1,245 of 1,793
As far as I can tell the bottom two graphs are for monitor mode and then pop mode. The first graph is labeled what appears to be monitor; but the graphs look like they are including both pop and monitor onto the same chart. My advice is to ignore the graphs and play with the filters yourself. I would start with monitor and try every filter and see what you like. Then repeat the process with pop mode. From there you can probably figure out which two or three combinations are best for you. There is separate thread to talk about filter combinations; I think black monitor; red pop; and gold (both ways) are the most popular but your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back