LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Dec 19, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #1,201 of 1,793
E3CDD88C-72D1-487F-A3A8-8C7BB57D4B61.jpeg

6D59823B-4F02-459D-BF6A-D468807953C2.jpeg

@originalsnuffy @jackfrostyX @IEMusic
Modded BGVP filters heading your way soon.

Please share your brief impressions :)

Dec 23, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #1,202 of 1,793
Well then the burn in of that pair is really noticeable.
Very full and detailed sound , make it difficult not to turn up to high volume (so as not to miss details) which causes after long hearing fatigue, and even beeps in the ears if I listened for over two hours..

I'm use monitor black, maybe is there any other combo that may solve my problem?
Tnx

Dec 23, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #1,203 of 1,793
Well then the burn in of that pair is really noticeable.
Very full and detailed sound , make it difficult not to turn up to high volume (so as not to miss details) which causes after long hearing fatigue, and even beeps in the ears if I listened for over two hours..

I'm use monitor black, maybe is there any other combo that may solve my problem?
Tnx

do try to listen at lower volume.. ringing in the ears is never a good thing.. and if you continue to push it before the ears can recover, you can risk in hearing loss on that ringing frequency.

good rule of thumb for me personally is to set the vocals volume to be no more louder than my regular talking voice. if the environment still drowns that sound, it just means that the environment is too loud and i should wait to listen in a quieter place.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #1,206 of 1,793
Hey guys, I am getting a clicking sound from both my L/R earpiece. Wondering if this is driver flex? Have never experienced driver flex with any of my iem's so not sure what the clicking is. When I push the iem's inside (while in ear) I hear this clicking sound, anybody else experience this? I've read driver flex ( if it is) is not something to worry about but still the clicking is scary.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #1,207 of 1,793
Hey guys, I am getting a clicking sound from both my L/R earpiece. Wondering if this is driver flex? Have never experienced driver flex with any of my iem's so not sure what the clicking is. When I push the iem's inside (while in ear) I hear this clicking sound, anybody else experience this? I've read driver flex ( if it is) is not something to worry about but still the clicking is scary.

Yes that may be driver flex. Driver flex is usually due to a too tight seal, and is partially related to the tips we use and/or our ear anatomy, maybe sometimes it occurs in certain IEM shell designs with insufficient venting. I found a few ways to mitigate it, YMMV:

1) Use foam tips instead of silicone tips, works sometimes for me. Probably cause the foam is porous and lets air escape thru the foams rather than going into the IEM shell.

2) Sometimes using another silicone tip that has lesser isolation/seal may reduce driver flex, though at the expense of isolation. Try a variety of different ear tips and sizes if you can, some tips give more driver flex than others.

3) Try opening your mouth and pulling up the earlobe before inserting the IEM, this opens the ear canal a bit for more space to insert the eartip, and hopefully some air can escape during insertion with the bigger diameter of the ear canal. This technique usually helps me get rid of driver flex 90% of the time.

4) Insert the ear tip slowly or not too deeply initially, and slowly make fine adjustments to push it in. Or insert it at an angle.

I have written in to a few manufacturers asking about driver flex, most of them claim it won't damage the drivers. But I have read anecdotal reports in audio forums of users saying their driver died after a very bad case of driver flex. So far, I've not had a single dynamic driver die on me due to driver flex, but YMMV.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #1,208 of 1,793

is it like the sound of crinkled plastic? it might be driver flex. try changing to other eartips and see if the problem persist. if it's still there, usually using foams would eliminate driver flex, or if you still want to go with silicones, raise your ears when inserting the IEM, and do it gently to reduce vacuum pressure.

most of the time, other than the annoying sound it makes, driver flex won't hurt the driver, but in some rare cases it can "fold" the sound, making the sound muffled or even dead. quick fix to this is usually by sucking and blowing the nozzles gently (yes, with you mouth :sweat_smile:). sounds weird, but it's a real solution.

edit: as what @baskingshark said above (beats my post by few seconds :grin::thumbsup:)

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #1,211 of 1,793
Thanks for the reply guys, It does sound like crinkled plastic so it is driver flex unfortunately. I don't like the sound with foam tips so will change to different tips to see if that helps. I am using Sedna earlights right now, really happy with them and fits the long nozzle very well. I will try changing my beloved earlights to something else. What are the crowd favourites for A7 here?

Dec 25, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #1,212 of 1,793
Thanks for the reply guys, It does sound like crinkled plastic so it is driver flex unfortunately. I don't like the sound with foam tips so will change to different tips to see if that helps. I am using Sedna earlights right now, really happy with them and fits the long nozzle very well. I will try changing my beloved earlights to something else. What are the crowd favourites for A7 here?
No crowd favorite, just personal favorite which is stock tips😊

Dec 25, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #1,213 of 1,793
No crowd favorite, just personal favorite which is stock tips😊
Yes true! My usual go-to is Spiraldots but they were too short for the long filters of A7, Spinfits and Sedna earlights fit perfectly (atleast with my ears) I went with the earlights.

Dec 25, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #1,214 of 1,793
I don't like the sound with foam tips
Try the Tennmak foams. They're quite different from Comply and other popular tips. Not only do they last forever, but they also don't affect the sound as much. And they're also dirt cheap.

Dec 25, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #1,215 of 1,793
Final Audio Type E tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back