LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Dec 9, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #1,141 of 1,793

While not the fastest, I really like this track for double bass speed, and clarity of attack.

Just a fun drum track.

One of my all-time favs, of course.

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #1,142 of 1,793
Does anyone put and keep specific ear tips on specific nozzles? Such as Sednas on red nozzles and Final Es on silver nozzles?

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #1,144 of 1,793
Dec 10, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #1,145 of 1,793
For people into death metal, black metal or any type of metal. You may know this band. Rotting C. If you want to test out bass impact, sub bass and mid bass slam and all else. It's a classic. Apage Satana . Red filter and pop mode. 🤯😮. The low end is intense.

Song is
Rotting C - Apage Satana.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,146 of 1,793
Does anyone put and keep specific ear tips on specific nozzles? Such as Sednas on red nozzles and Final Es on silver nozzles?
Bass response can vary with different ear tips. So it makes sense that with a tunable IEM that ear tips could be part of the equation. I tend to stick with the Sednas (not the Xelastics which I don't think work well these).

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #1,147 of 1,793
I was very happy with my A7, but after a few weeks of use, the right mmcx connector failed, so I had to return them to Linsoul, in Shenzen from Chile, waiting for a reply from Linsoul about when the replacement will be shipped.

I returned to my trusty Xelentos

Dec 10, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #1,148 of 1,793
I was very happy with my A7, but after a few weeks of use, the right mmcx connector failed, so I had to return them to Linsoul, in Shenzen from Chile, waiting for a reply from Linsoul about when the replacement will be shipped.

That stinks! Sorry 2 hear. These companies really should do away with MMCX connectors and just stick with traditional 2 pin connectors.

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #1,149 of 1,793
Fellas,

My A7 are fantastic so far. The stock cable pulls the tips out of my ears slightly which was annoying then I switched to a cable without guides and the seal is more consistent and the bass became more predominant. I was worried about these being bass light, now I'm making adjustments with ALL these filters!

One problem. When using my V30+ with the connection straight to the phone using the stock cable 3.5 mm jack, I get crazy static, like pink noise level. I vaguely recall this wasn't the case when I first tried them out. I then changed sources to an ES100, no static. I then switched to a linsoul cable and the results are the same. These are basically unusable on my phone but absolutely no problems on my ES100. I grabbed a pair of cheapo IEMs and no problems directly to the phone.

Any ideas? All I can imagine is there's some ground issue when connecting to my phone but I feel I ruled this out. I can't pinpoint what can be special about the A7 to have this static.

Thanks.

EDIT: ok, weird... If I listen to music using Spotify using the A7 after market cable attached directly to my phone, no issues with static. If I'm not listening to music or trying to make a phone call, white noise is back. With cheapo IEMs, none of this happens... All's quiet.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #1,150 of 1,793
Fellas,

My A7 are fantastic so far. The stock cable pulls the tips out of my ears slightly which was annoying then I switched to a cable without guides and the seal is more consistent and the bass became more predominant. I was worried about these being bass light, now I'm making adjustments with ALL these filters!

One problem. When using my V30+ with the connection straight to the phone using the stock cable 3.5 mm jack, I get crazy static, like pink noise level. I vaguely recall this wasn't the case when I first tried them out. I then changed sources to an ES100, no static. I then switched to a linsoul cable and the results are the same. These are basically unusable on my phone but absolutely no problems on my ES100. I grabbed a pair of cheapo IEMs and no problems directly to the phone.

Any ideas? All I can imagine is there's some ground issue when connecting to my phone but I feel I ruled this out. I can't pinpoint what can be special about the A7 to have this static.

Thanks.

EDIT: ok, weird... If I listen to music using Spotify using the A7 after market cable attached directly to my phone, no issues with static. If I'm not listening to music or trying to make a phone call, white noise is back. With cheapo IEMs, none of this happens... All's quiet.

im-not-saying-1e5e8e8474.jpg

Dec 14, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #1,151 of 1,793
For people into death metal, black metal or any type of metal. You may know this band. Rotting C. If you want to test out bass impact, sub bass and mid bass slam and all else. It's a classic. Apage Satana . Red filter and pop mode. 🤯😮. The low end is intense.

Song is
Rotting C - Apage Satana.
Rituals is a great RC album 🤘

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #1,152 of 1,793

Great info, not gonna cable roll it for sure👍

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #1,153 of 1,793
Great info, not gonna cable roll it for sure👍

Ya general rule of thumb is try not to switch cables too many times on MMCX, they aren't designed for multiple changes and can get loose over time. Though when I was making a custom IEM last year, a manufacturer told me there are different grades for MMCX connectors, some a dollar or so all the way to pricier but better quality ones.

2 pin types seem to be more hardy than MMCX in my IEM journey, but they come with their own issues such as different configs - eg 0.75 mm vs 0.78 mm, recessed versus protruding, angled/straight, QDC/TFZ types etc. So pretty confusing sometimes, and maybe not even compatible across some models.

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #1,155 of 1,793
Ya general rule of thumb is try not to switch cables too many times on MMCX, they aren't designed for multiple changes and can get loose over time. Though when I was making a custom IEM last year, a manufacturer told me there are different grades for MMCX connectors, some a dollar or so all the way to pricier but better quality ones.

2 pin types seem to be more hardy than MMCX in my IEM journey, but they come with their own issues such as different configs - eg 0.75 mm vs 0.78 mm, recessed versus protruding, angled/straight, QDC/TFZ types etc. So pretty confusing sometimes, and maybe not even compatible across some models.
I was thinking to switch to MMCX to 2pin adapter, I have not tried thinking it would skewed the performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back