LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Dec 2, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #1,051 of 1,793
Hi, I need advise.
I tried changing wires for the A7 and that took so much effort that i was worried I broke something.
I played some songs on spottify and found found one song that sounds absolutely horrible like the audio is annoyingly off-centered and other complains.

Pretty panicked I changed back to my old cables n found the song is pretty wonky. Testing it now on spottify pc, its not as bad. I usually listen to this song on speaker so I don't know if the recording is just bad or that my A7 is croaking on me. (Song is - Walk with Me- Taba Chake)

Spottify somehow be messing with me

But i cant help but worry that and be paranoid that the force needed to change cables somehow damaged the mmcx connector and as a result the audio quality is worse.

The issues I’ve found with mmcx are only that it gets looser and audio might cut off. Nothing about reduced quality.
In my paranoia i cant help but be worried at every noise from the recording of any songs thinking its because I’ve damaged my A7s

Please advise. Thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #1,052 of 1,793
Hi, I need advise.
I tried changing wires for the A7 and that took so much effort that i was worried I broke something.
I played some songs on spottify and found found one song that sounds absolutely horrible like the audio is annoyingly off-centered and other complains.

Pretty panicked I changed back to my old cables n found the song is pretty wonky. Testing it now on spottify pc, its not as bad. I usually listen to this song on speaker so I don't know if the recording is just bad or that my A7 is croaking on me. (Song is - Walk with Me- Taba Chake)

But i cant help but worry that and be paranoid that the force needed to change cables somehow damaged the mmcx connector and as a result the audio quality is worse.

The issues I’ve found with mmcx are only that it gets looser and audio might cut off. Nothing about reduced quality.
In my paranoia i cant help but be worried at every noise from the recording of any songs thinking its because I’ve damaged my A7s

If the MMCX plug or jack is broken, it would just cut out. It can't degrade the sound quality.

I checked out that song and it sounds pretty crappy, at least on Spotify. Bass is clips to distortion and the stereo has weird phasing ****ery going on.

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #1,053 of 1,793
Hi, I need advise.

Just gave the song a try as well. It sounds very weird. That mastering on this song is some very .......shoddy stuff. The A7 are very critacle of recording quality. Poorly mastered stuff will sound not so great on the A7 and you notice it immediatly

Dec 2, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #1,054 of 1,793
Took me a plier to dislodge the mmcx from TRN2 cable last night, the plastic protective sleeves was uncapped too. I will smudge same electronic lubricant if need be.

Dec 2, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #1,055 of 1,793
Hi, I need advise.

There is a MMCX removal tool that will help you. It's a safe way of removing MMCX cables. I use it all the time.

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/final-audio-mmcx-assist-for-in-ear-monitor-iem-earphone

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #1,056 of 1,793
Dec 2, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #1,057 of 1,793
Dec 2, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #1,058 of 1,793
Cheaper version, mine is still on its way.

SG$ 4.64 26%OFF | 1piece MMCX Assist wire pulling tool quick disconnection aid clip remover headphone cable quick disconnect
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms2fg3X
Well found. It's a shame that MMCX cabled IEMs don't have a tool like this included in the package. Maybe they will include one one day. Must cost next to nothing wholesale for companies Like LZ etc.

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #1,059 of 1,793
Endless task for sure ! :astonished:

IMG_20201202_220039.jpg

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,060 of 1,793
I don't dislike Mmcx, in fact I think one advantage it can have is the ability for the cable to turn correctly to get the proper wiring position over-the-ear. But, once I try a few cables and find what works best, I try to leave it alone. I agree all mmcx iems should come with a removal tool.
Had a lovely few hours of listening recently with gold filters. A7 is just very resolving, hearing things I could usually only hear with my studio setup.
Tried to mod the blue filter with some micropore tape--worked fairly well, pretty close to the gold filter. But just decided to keep trying gold filter some more.
It's fun knowing you can go back and change the tuning when you want....Still need to find those old DMG filters.

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1,061 of 1,793
Tried to mod the blue filter with some micropore tape--worked fairly well, pretty close to the gold filter. But just decided to keep trying gold filter some more.
I like the modded blue filter a lot more than the gold filter due to increased treble. Lack of treble is my gripe with the gold filter, it just sounds a bit dark to me. Bass and mids are great on the gold filter.

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #1,062 of 1,793
I like the modded blue filter a lot more than the gold filter due to increased treble. Lack of treble is my gripe with the gold filter, it just sounds a bit dark to me. Bass and mids are great on the gold filter.
I agree. My fiio silver-copper
I agree, except using my fiio cable (silver-copper) really seems to keep more of the treble intact. That cable is noticeably brighter than stock cable for sure! (although I'm not a huge cable-roller).

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #1,063 of 1,793
Dec 3, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #1,064 of 1,793
I somehow found inserting them more difficult than pulling it out. Its odd

But the puller is an interesting simple tool
Finally received my A7 after initial unit had a defective connector. Kudos to Linsoul for expediting the replacement. Initial listening impressions are favorable. Interestingly while I consider myself a bit treble sensitive I am using silver filter, monitor setting and find the treble extended but not excessive nor fatiguing at all. Indeed, I found blue and black filters too warm, lacking top end. Cable is Dunu Blanche, tips Azla Sedna EarFit Light, running balanced from FiiO BTR5. Looking forward to more listening in the coming days.

Dec 3, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #1,065 of 1,793
Finally received my A7 after initial unit had a defective connector. Kudos to Linsoul for expediting the replacement. Initial listening impressions are favorable. Interestingly while I consider myself a bit treble sensitive I am using silver filter, monitor setting and find the treble extended but not excessive nor fatiguing at all. Indeed, I found blue and black filters too warm, lacking top end. Cable is Dunu Blanche, tips Azla Sedna EarFit Light, running balanced from FiiO BTR5. Looking forward to more listening in the coming days.
Congrats. Agreed, I found the a7 well extended in the treble and also very resolving without fatigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back