LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #1,006 of 1,793
I just received my A7s. One week and 4 days to arrive in France from Aliex!

A quick return just out of the box. I switch to yellow filter and set to monitor.

Ok, they explode the KZ EDX received 3 days before, honor is safe. :upside_down:
The sound is more detailed, less bloated, the stage is more airy.

Comparison with ISN H40. These are set like this:
-2 -3 - 4 -3 0 -1 0 0 -3 0
32hz. 64. 120 260 560 1K 2k 4k 8k 16k

Which removes the slight muddy side and give a eary touch.

Well... the A7s are literally pulverized by the H40s! :scream:
The scene and the details play out in the same course. But on the low side, the A7 is anemic, there is not much going on. The bass is nice and textured but doesn't have body.
And yet, the H40 have bass tamed !

So, this is a quick listen out of the box, after my works day.

The A7s are in the burnin process, let see tomorow how this evolved :wink:

As a non-basshead on certain songs on red-pop I even feel that the lzA7 has too much bass going on. So I am happy to not have more bass on the LzA7

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #1,007 of 1,793
As a non-basshead on certain songs on red-pop I even feel that the lzA7 has too much bass going on. So I am happy to not have more bass on the LzA7
Try Black Monitor or Silver Monitor.....and probably listen at a bit lower volume.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #1,008 of 1,793
I decided to commit to the silver filter for a while after seeing a lot of praise from you all over the past few days. I thought it was too bright the first time I gave it a try, but by sticking with it for multiple days in a row I guess I gave myself a chance for "brain burn in". And, I've got to say, the detail, air, soundstage, imaging are all superb on the silver filter + monitor switch.

What a nice surprise, I thought I only liked the gold filter. Honestly don't see myself switching away from the silver/monitor setting anytime soon.

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #1,009 of 1,793
I decided to commit to the silver filter for a while after seeing a lot of praise from you all over the past few days. I thought it was too bright the first time I gave it a try, but by sticking with it for multiple days in a row I guess I gave myself a chance for "brain burn in". And, I've got to say, the detail, air, soundstage, imaging are all superb on the silver filter + monitor switch.

What a nice surprise, I thought I only liked the gold filter. Honestly don't see myself switching away from the silver/monitor setting anytime soon.
I'm always using the Silver filter. The true potential of the A7 come out and its a BEAST!!! Love them 🔥🔥🔥

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #1,010 of 1,793

Now you’re ready for the NM2+!

Actually, given your IEM collection, I think it may be quite redundant, but if you like Silver Monitor, I think you shouldn’t have problems with the NM2+ tuning. Come to think of it, have you tried the NM2 since you’ve been listening to Silver Monitor?

Right now, my favs are Silver Monitor, modified Blue Monitor, and Red Pop.

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #1,011 of 1,793

Actually, given your IEM collection, I think it may be quite redundant, but if you like Silver Monitor, I think you shouldn’t have problems with the NM2+ tuning. Come to think of it, have you tried the NM2 since you’ve been listening to Silver Monitor?
No, but you're right, this would be the right opportunity to give the NM2 another try :)

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #1,013 of 1,793

And how did you modify blue filters?

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #1,014 of 1,793
And how did you modify blue filters?
I stuck Tanchjim filters on them. I think placing some micropore tape on the nozzle would have a very similar effect, just not as elegant a solution. If the bass is the issue for you, however, I’d skip it and go to silver monitor, listening at lower volumes initially, while your ears/brain adjusts.

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #1,015 of 1,793
I know it’s the luck of the draw, but those SA6 faceplates are gorgeous IMO.

dunu.jpg

Thanks, I feel I lucked out as I don't like turquoise color mixed with orange.

Trying out silver monitor on A7. Hmmmm too hot for me to handle but it sounds really good on a Tube amp (N3Pro).

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #1,016 of 1,793
Well... the A7s are literally pulverized by the H40s! :scream:
The scene and the details play out in the same course. But on the low side, the A7 is anemic, there is not much going on. The bass is nice and textured but doesn't have body.
And yet, the H40 have bass tamed !
So, this is a quick listen out of the box, after my works day.
The A7s are in the burnin process, let see tomorow how this evolved :wink:
Hi @Pelicampe, looking forward to your further impressions on A7 vs H40.
I was considering the A7 as my next purchase but after reading your post I am holding my horses.
I also tried your EQ setting on the H40 and I am liking what I am hearing, enhancing the enjoyment of the H40.
regards, Jose

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #1,017 of 1,793
I stuck Tanchjim filters on them. I think placing some micropore tape on the nozzle would have a very similar effect, just not as elegant a solution. If the bass is the issue for you, however, I’d skip it and go to silver monitor, listening at lower volumes initially, while your ears/brain adjusts.

I like the bass on every other filters its only on some pop songs that red-pop filter gets too much.

I also don’t know what a tanchjim filter is but I do have some micropore tape i can try which might be an interesting experiment thanks.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #1,018 of 1,793
I placed an order for A7 and LitzOCC cable at KRHifi on 24th Nov. They immediately shipped the items and this evening I got a message that the items are already at local courier.
This is the fastest delivery so far I ever have using AE free shipping. Well done KRHifi.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #1,019 of 1,793

In timbre NM2+ is a little better than LZ A7? Since DD singles should have this advantage.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #1,020 of 1,793
In timbre NM2+ is a little better than LZ A7? Since DD singles should have this advantage.
Yes, the NM2+ sounds a bit more natural, but the A7 is no slouch, and is remarkably natural sounding for a tribrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back