LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Nov 21, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #946 of 1,793
I bet none of the TOTL iems are built smallish like A7 with visible large vent optimized for sound and comfort.

Maybe except
Screenshot_20201118-001213_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201118-001251_Chrome.jpg

See the similarities ☺️

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #949 of 1,793
Would anyone be able to compare the LZ A7 to the Sony IER-M9? I found an amazing deal for a seriously discounted price on them but I am not certain if still its worth getting the IER-M9 as I am absolutely loving the A7.

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #950 of 1,793
Honestly for LZ´s next iem (A8) I hope they use EST drivers instead of piezo, because I cant see how they can improve piezo drivers more than they already have.

Although I am wondering if they are planning to make a A7 mini, like they did with the A6. :thinking:

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #951 of 1,793
Would anyone be able to compare the LZ A7 to the Sony IER-M9? I found an amazing deal for a seriously discounted price on them but I am not certain if still its worth getting the IER-M9 as I am absolutely loving the A7.

best i can help u , is to compare to m7 , imaging and soundstage wise a7 win hands down but the mids one m7 is much more sweeter and more forward , i would consider those 2 different beast

so owing those two would be fine ,hope this helps

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #952 of 1,793
imaging and soundstage wise a7 win hands down
Just wanting to make sure you meant the LZ A7 is better with imaging and soundstage in your opinion?

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #953 of 1,793
best i can help u , is to compare to m7 , imaging and soundstage wise a7 win hands down but the mids one m7 is much more sweeter and more forward , i would consider those 2 different beast

so owing those two would be fine ,hope this helps
I've heard the IER-M7 a very good while ago. I do remember the mids being beautifully upfront and not the most detailed, I still believe the A7 win when it comes to details but the IER-M7 had these mids that flow beautifully. That's why I am interested in the IER-M9. I have a friend selling them since he uses over ears mostly. He offered them to me for $700 AUD which is basically close to half price and he barely has used them. But I also was thinking of upgrading my system by getting myself a new amp to pair up with my SMSL M500 and also.... getting myself a PS5 haha 🙄 but the IER-M9 is tempting me like crazy. If it has those sweet mids like the IER-M7 just with more detail, maybe I'd get them. But the LZ A7 just does soooooooo much so well. And I feel the tonality could get very close to the IER-M9 with the right eartips and filter.

Thank you very much for your response though, I highly appreciate it and it gives me an idea of where the A7 sits :). I am using silver filter on the A7 though and I feelthe cable helps makes the A7 that bit more sweeter sounding. I really love the mids on the A7 as they arent to upfront but exactly where I like them, they are amazingly seperated and just shine through so effortlessly with insane clarity and detail. To be completely honest. 40% of me is saying get the IER-M9 but the other 60% says the A7 mighy be the better performer and I would spend $700 for just another iem that I might not use much.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #954 of 1,793
Finally USPS got the LZ A7 to me. No burn-in, no cable/tip-rolling, no filter swaps or switch switching, out of box I can say with certainty that these are by far the best headphones I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Hats off to everyone who recced and reviewed these. Endgame for me without doubt.
Do you like much more than the NM2 + you reviewed?

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #955 of 1,793
Just wanting to make sure you meant the LZ A7 is better with imaging and soundstage in your opinion?
to me they do the wide soundstage helps so much in the imaging but for the mids and trebles i felt the the m7 win thou vs lz a7 on monitor black

sliver is too piercing but it it add a lot of air and treble energy , but it too fatigue for me

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #958 of 1,793
Do you like much more than the NM2 + you reviewed?
Surprisingly yes I do. I thought that the A7 would be a marginal upgrade to the NM2+, but the A7 has really blown me away. I forget which member said it, but I agree with whoever it was that it seems the NM2+ relies somewhat on its bright tuning to achieve its phenomenal detail and clarity, whereas the A7 pulls it off effortlessly in a variety of tunings.

The NM2+ is of course still really great, but the A7 is more musical and more versatile without sacrificing detail, soundstage, imaging, etc. and due to its tuning sounds overall more natural to me. The one area where the A7 might lose to the NM2+ is timbral accuracy, I haven't had enough time with the A7 to be able to compare them properly in this regard. But the fact that the timbre of a tribrid can even be in the running compared to a superbly well-executed single DD like the NM2+ is a testament to LZ's achievement here.

Keep in mind though that I only listen to a little classical, which is the genre in which the NM2+ most likely acquits itself the best when compared to the A7.

And of course, the "new toy" factor very well may be at play here. So take my impressions with a grain of salt for sure.

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #960 of 1,793
BE8AC878-908D-4282-BC89-E1AB6606CBFC.jpeg

LZ A7 stock cable (left) vs ISN AG8 pure silver cable (right)

Despite its braided 8 wire structure especially considering the 24 AWG each, the AG8 is supple, flexible and comfortable to wear.

AG8’s sound is remarkably expansive and free of harshness and brittle thinness usually associated with pure silver variants.
As its color looks near identical to the A7’s stock cable, I feel it could almost be promoted and sold as a direct upgrade cable.

A7’s gains even more natural sounding Mids with additional note weight, organic sounding lower Mids foundation with the AG8. Bass seems gain bit of decay with still fast attack which is desirable for me. Tones down bit of dryness. Highs are wetter and precise making overall signature more analogue and easier to detect subtle nuances in the music.

very much recommend this pairing.

0868F762-E625-4BDA-803D-55A3B5B991CD.jpeg

Sound is not far off from my favorite

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back