LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Sep 22, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #257 of 1,793
Yeah, for me, FedEx has been kinda slow, and USPS has been abysmal. DHL has been lightning fast.

Sep 22, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #258 of 1,793
Its meant to be pop one / on monitor isn't it? 😂
Lol just joking, their shell design is ugly. Like a group of great engineers with no sense of design. Font selection also ugh..

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #261 of 1,793
I actually prefer the shell shape or style on these. The 'bean' shaped design that is. Especially if front to back length is kept 20mm and under. I have a smaller concha and many universal IEMs are uncomfortable. So these have actually got me considering them.

I had se215 which were uncomfortable at 21mm long, but also due to the slightly sharper edge at where the face and rear of the shell met. It rubbed or irritated me on the anti-helix.

Yeah the font is kinda ugly but I wouldn't see them when I'm using them :) . Or you know, maybe take a fine tip sharpie to the border and color in the switch markings.

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #262 of 1,793
LZ.jpg

a photoshop time...

ok whoever put that cursive fonts in the box needs to get fired. (unless owner designed it)

They need to hire a graphic designer asap

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #264 of 1,793
Sep 23, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #265 of 1,793
lza7.jpg

Less is more.

Way better.

I'd have that simple LZ in the middle where the text already was (centered below the switch) and print the A7 model identification (and maybe driver info) on the inside of the shell. That and put channel identification on the inside, instead of the outside (colored red/blue or white).

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #266 of 1,793
You know I would rather have an ugly phone that sounds great vs an really nice looking phone that don't.

Kinera I am looking at you.

do you prefer A7 over Kinera?

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #267 of 1,793
Sep 23, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #268 of 1,793
Well, time to reveal the title I have for the A7 (POP-RED config):

VERSATILITY GOD

I shuffled through a big majority of my entire library and there was nothing it couldnt play very good. The only exceptions are tracks like Kalafina - Heavenly Blue, where a thinner and a bit brighter sound would suit it more (like the Tanchjim Oxygen) and Metallica - Nothing else matters, where a warmer and thicker sound would suit it more (like the Final Audio E5000).

But since those 2 songs demand polar opposite factors, I dont think it is even possible for an iem to be versatile enough to suit them both to an excellent level.

The A7 surpasses both the A6 and the Fiio FH3 in versatility, both of which already is on a very high level (I guess the FH3 is the Versatility king while the A6 is the queen, since the FH3 suits Hip-hop and acoustic music more than the A6).

Also, the tuning....TOTL. An upgrade to the A7 would mean having a very similar tonality and sound profile while upgrading the SQ/technicalities. :thumbsup:
(I dont miss the mids like I do on the A6 nor do I miss the air from the FH3 that prevented those 2 from being closer to TOTL for me.)

The sale on aliexpress is ending in like 3 days, my review should definitely be up by then. So I advice you guys to wait for my (or someone else´s) review on the A7 before you drop your money on it since it is quite expensive.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but when I was doing my versatility test. I was also testing the timbre on it. And the "piezo flavor" was only noticable on violins that are playing on very high notes only. Suffice to say that the timbre is spectacular for a tri-brid.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #269 of 1,793
LZ.jpg
a photoshop time...

ok whoever put that cursive fonts in the box needs to get fired. (unless owner designed it)

They need to hire a graphic designer asap

I told LZ the "LZ-A7" on the prototypes look a bit ugly (see page 1 for the photo). He said no worry, he will change that. haha.. This is quite typical LZ.
Next time (A8 maybe), designers pls go ahead giving LZ's feedbacks on the outlook of the prototype.

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #270 of 1,793
I told LZ the "LZ-A7" on the prototypes look a bit ugly (see page 1 for the photo). He said no worry, he will change that. haha.. This is quite typical LZ.
Next time (A8 maybe), designers pls go ahead giving LZ's feedbacks on the outlook of the prototype.
The prototype version actually looks better lol.

1600869637625.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back