LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Sep 20, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #196 of 1,793
Before i buy it can i just ask one thing. How is the soundstage compared to A6 and other iems. Thank you.
I have only gotten familiar with one of the 3 settings (the one I think I will like the least) and that is the Monitor-Red config.

With that config VS LZ A6 (pink filter), the soundstage is bigger on the A6 and it has better instrument separation along with details. However the Timbre but especially the imaging on the A7 outclasses the A6 and is in its own league though.

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #197 of 1,793
1600598993300.png

They have some descriptions of the filters on their Taobao version:
- Black (+0, aluminum): standard.
- Red (-8, aluminum): bass boost.
- Yellow (-3, copper): mellow vocals.
- Blue (+3, aluminum): treble clarity.
- Silver (+6, stainless steel): extreme technicalities.
1600599153464.png

The red filter tones down so much the upper midrange compared to other filters. It seems that they really made a bigger differences between filters this time.
I'm personally more interested in trying out foam mod on black, blue, and silver.

Sep 20, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #198 of 1,793
1600598993300.png
They have some descriptions of the filters on their Taobao version:
- Black (+0, aluminum): standard.
- Red (-8, aluminum): bass boost.
- Yellow (-3, copper): mellow vocals.
- Blue (+3, aluminum): treble clarity.
- Silver (+6, stainless steel): extreme technicalities.
1600599153464.png
The red filter tones down so much the upper midrange compared to other filters. It seems that they really made a bigger differences between filters this time.
I'm personally more interested in trying out foam mod on black, blue, and silver.
yeah they did decrease the amount of filters, but each filter affects the treble more than the ones on the A6.

Sep 20, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #199 of 1,793
I have only gotten familiar with one of the 3 settings (the one I think I will like the least) and that is the Monitor-Red config.

With that config VS LZ A6 (pink filter), the soundstage is bigger on the A6 and it has better instrument separation along with details. However the Timbre but especially the imaging on the A7 outclasses the A6 and is in its own league though.
Oh this does make me hesitate, i suppose i will patiently wait for your full review. Thank you very much.

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #200 of 1,793
Oh this does make me hesitate, i suppose i will patiently wait for your full review. Thank you very much.
Yes, I recommend you do that and wait for the others too. 300 usd is quite a lot of money (at least for me) so I would research a lot before dropping that.

Do you have the A6? Or is that another candidate you are looking at?

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #201 of 1,793
Yes, I recommend you do that and wait for the others too. 300 usd is quite a lot of money (at least for me) so I would research a lot before dropping that.

Do you have the A6? Or is that another candidate you are looking at?
I do not, If there were no moisture issues i would have bought it at a drop of a hat, if they went back n fix the moisture issues (which i highly doubt) i would highly consider it.
I am mainly looking for a good iem with great soundstage because that is what i missed most when i bought my er2xr

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #202 of 1,793
I do not, If there were no moisture issues i would have bought it at a drop of a hat, if they went back n fix the moisture issues (which i highly doubt) i would highly consider it.
I am mainly looking for a good iem with great soundstage because that is what i missed most when i bought my er2xr
I see, well then I recommend that you wait for reviews. :grin:

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #203 of 1,793

The soundstage on the A7 can be very wide. At least on par with the A6 but it's indeed difficult to compare because of all the possible combinations. On the A7 Monitor mode will typically have smaller soundstage as it less v-shaped than Pop mode.

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #205 of 1,793
The soundstage on the A7 can be very wide. At least on par with the A6 but it's indeed difficult to compare because of all the possible combinations. On the A7 Monitor mode will typically have smaller soundstage as it less v-shaped than Pop mode.
1600604357472.png

They do state on their chinese promo that POP mode has better soundstage and separation than MONITOR, which has a narrower soundstage, more focused in recording rooms and voices.

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #206 of 1,793
Well....I am facepalming quite hard now lol.

A7 (Monitor-Red) is better than the Tanchjim Oxygen for me. Way more tonally correct and while the timbre is a bit better on the Oxygen, it ends up sounding much more natural and correct on the A7. A7 is also what I consider "true-neutral" while the Oxygen is bright-neutral. Imaging is also better on the A7 than the Oxygen, so it has the best imaging on all my iems (the oxygen is really good at imaging too).

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #207 of 1,793
Just in case you forget what company made the IEMs after removing them from your ears :)
but hell. There's million choices of fonts out there but LZ chose that?

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #209 of 1,793
How is the fit of the A7? They look like they'd be a pretty good fit for most ears?
They are near perfect for me. So fit is dramatically better on the A7 than the A6 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back