LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Nov 13, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #827 of 1,793
Ordered from Linsoul for $285 on 9Nov. but received no confirmation. Sent an email yesterday and got a quick reply that stated they were very busy due to 11/11 sale and would expedite my order. Today the DHL truck pulled up with my LZ A7!!!
It didn’t take long for me to get a text from DHL with the tracking number and deliver date, yet when checking on Linsoul’s site, it still says “unfulfilled”. I’m glad that even though they’re very busy, they’re still sending the items quickly (at least the A7), even though they’re behind on updating things.

Nov 13, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #828 of 1,793
For those who order not from Asia: do you always pay taxes / duties with DHL?
So far, I haven’t (in the US), but the A7 is the most expensive item I’ve ordered from them thus far. We’ll see.

Nov 13, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #829 of 1,793
Got mine too. DHL is really fast!
For now I'm settled on 2 combos: monitor/red and pop/gold. The preinstalled tips are kinda comfortable. The "swirling pattern" ones feel more plasticky and not as comfortable after a while.
I like the included cable. It's flexible and connects securely on both ends.

My only nitpick so far are the included tips. Fiio supplied a bit better ones with the FH3. Any recommendations?
I'm good on Spiral Dots( original).Azla Xelestec and Mandarin Peel not a match so far.

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #831 of 1,793
Mine arrived too, starting toi get a feel for the different filter / swithc options....gonna be fun.

1 issue: the right MMCX connector seems rather loose, tried 2 different cables. Anyone else have this issue or have suggestions as to how to make it more secure?

Nov 14, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #832 of 1,793
Can anyone provide a comparison between the LZ A7 and FDX1?
i find the lz a7 monitor on with black to be the most similar interm of sound i believe so from my ear compare to fdx1 or 01 most damped nozzle

lz a7 got more punchy and tighter bass and it superb layering capabilities , but the jvc have more sparkle or details in the mid and treble in which you can simply try out the rest of the setting on the lz a7

i believe that you asking this question cause you do not have access to both of them , on a blind purchase my vote will go to lz a7 for it versatility as out of the 10 available setting you would at least find 3-5 setting which you would like and it pop and monitor setting is an day and night different , as for the jvc fdx1 one you will have to like it as it is

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #833 of 1,793
I'm liking the RED-POP, there's a touch of holographic imaging. I'm settled now with SONY EP-EX11 tips after some rolling including Sednafit light Short and Sony Triple Comfort. The SONY EX11 is a good fit for small shell of A7. Previously using on T2 plus.
Please use balanced source if you can, the stock 3.5mmm cable do no justice for this A7.

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #834 of 1,793
I'm liking the RED-POP, there's a touch of holographic imaging. I'm settled now with SONY EP-EX11 tips after some rolling including Sednafit light Short and Sony Triple Comfort. The SONY EX11 is a good fit for small shell of A7. Previously using on T2 plus.
Please use balanced source if you can, the stock 3.5mmm cable do no justice for this A7.

I am planning to get the Fiio LC-4.4C balanced cable for the FH3 (have) & A7 (incoming). Will post impressions on sq on bal vs. stock once I hear both.

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #835 of 1,793

What do you mean by using a balanced source because of the stock cable? This makes absolutely no sense. Do you change your source and hear a difference in the sound that you give the cable credit for??? I'd be tempted to think that it's the source that makes the difference....

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #836 of 1,793
What do you mean by using a balanced source because of the stock cable? This makes absolutely no sense. Do you change your source and hear a difference in the sound that you give the cable credit for??? I'd be tempted to think that it's the source that makes the difference....
Ha, apologize if I confused you. Just saying to get a balanced cable if your player provide dual dac.☺️

Nov 14, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #837 of 1,793

I just borrowed the balanced cable from T2Plus, I think is TRN T2. I have a PCUHD furukwa from NICEHCK incoming just for A7.

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #839 of 1,793
So my A7 arrived yesterday, Ordered it as soon as penon announced their 11/11 deals. Spend couple hours, outta the box with black filters they sound good on monitor mode. I didn't play around with filters, will spend more time with the stock as these satisfy me now, will be swapping tips once I have put enough time. I didn't like the stock tips, tried my beloved Spiraldots but I find them too short for the nozzle, spinfits cp145 seem long enough, any suggestions on proper fitting tips for these? What tips do you guys use?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #840 of 1,793
Hmmm, I'm loving spiral dots. Fit well, blue filter, monitor switch setting --> sound great.

I am quite frustrated with a loose connector right MMCX, will probably need a replacement unit as multiple cables just won't stay secure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back