LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Nov 8, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #736 of 1,793
No smoothing! REW uses sine sweeps which helps a lot with keeping things clean. You're using audiotools right? A few things to note for that. One is make sure your mic and soundcard are calibrated and the calibration compensation file is selected in audiotools. Second is that you might want to try averaging for longer time, crin does about 30s to a minute, which I agree with, for a quicker measurement 15-20s can suffice but longer is better. Also while averaging make sure the surface the mic is resting on is stable and nothing's inducing vibrations. Hope this helps!

thanks! I do aim for about 40-60s and all calibrated and compensation files are loaded. Even though I tried my best, I think I might not be getting 100% air tight seal on my couplers. Also running pink noise is not the most ideal compared to the sine wave sweeps.

edit: will check on surface vibrations

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #737 of 1,793
No smoothing! REW uses sine sweeps which helps a lot with keeping things clean. You're using audiotools right? A few things to note for that. One is make sure your mic and soundcard are calibrated and the calibration compensation file is selected in audiotools. Second is that you might want to try averaging for longer time, crin does about 30s to a minute, which I agree with, for a quicker measurement 15-20s can suffice but longer is better. Also while averaging make sure the surface the mic is resting on is stable and nothing's inducing vibrations. Hope this helps!
Yes, sometimes I see distortion in some of the graphs and I often wonder if surface vibrations are causing that. I use a neoprene backed mouse pad and a folded microfiber cloth to make sure desktop vibrations are kept at a minimum. I don't smooth my graphs either.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #738 of 1,793
thanks! I do aim for about 40-60s and all calibrated and compensation files are loaded. Even though I tried my best, I think I might not getting 100% air tight seals on my couplers. Also running pink noise is not the most ideal compared to the sine wave sweeps.

edit: will check on surface vibrations
Oh yes, definitely check the seal. Pink noise is fine I think, it's just the additional length of time to measure means interference has more chances to occur. As it is your graphs are looking quite fine actually, considerably better than initially. Keep it up! Also, thanks for the volt measurements :)

Nov 8, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #740 of 1,793
Whoa an expert🙀
@cenizas might as well check spring1/2.
Pretty much same FR
Wouldn't call myself an expert haha, I've been lurking here for close to 10 years though and have gone around trying just about every demo unit in the country, so I guess you could say I've been around the block with personal audio 😂 There are people with far more knowledge than me though and I'm always looking to learn more from everyone. Only recently made an account cause I got my mic and coupler and thought I could contribute some interesting graphs and impressions for some of the more exotic/less accessible stuff I happen across.

Anyways, I did own a Spring 1 previously, from memory mids were similar tonally but more BA timbre on the Spring 1, the biggest factor for me selling the Spring 1 was the boomy bass and giant 8k spike, and overall coherence wasn't good, quite disjointed sounding, awesome resolution though. Haven't heard the Spring 2 but from the charts out there it seems they've increased pinna to a level similar to the A7 pop-gold, can't tell much else though, so no other comment. Here's the overlay with the Spring 1 if you're interested. And also overlays of the A7 pop-gold with the Spring 1 and Intime Sora Light. Piezo party!

LZ A7 vs NX7 mod.jpg

LZ A7 vs BQEYZ Spring 1.jpg
LZ A7 vs Intime Sora Light.jpg

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #742 of 1,793
Wouldn't call myself an expert haha, I've been lurking here for close to 10 years though and have gone around trying just about every demo unit in the country, so I guess you could say I've been around the block with personal audio 😂 There are people with far more knowledge than me though and I'm always looking to learn more from everyone. Only recently made an account cause I got my mic and coupler and thought I could contribute some interesting graphs and impressions for some of the more exotic/less accessible stuff I happen across.

Anyways, I did own a Spring 1 previously, from memory mids were similar tonally but more BA timbre on the Spring 1, the biggest factor for me selling the Spring 1 was the boomy bass and giant 8k spike, and overall coherence wasn't good, quite disjointed sounding, awesome resolution though. Haven't heard the Spring 2 but from the charts out there it seems they've increased pinna to a level similar to the A7 pop-gold, can't tell much else though, so no other comment. Here's the overlay with the Spring 1 if you're interested. And also overlays of the A7 pop-gold with the Spring 1 and Intime Sora Light. Piezo party!

We won't even ask about his age but let's just say @cenizas is very, very precocious to have been lurking 10 years. The future is bright for the audiophile community!

Nov 8, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #743 of 1,793
Nov 8, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #744 of 1,793
So I ordered the Shuoer Tape Pro from Linsoul. I got an order number ending with 8, which allegedly gives me a 30% discount from my next order over $200. Has anyone had these discounts and used them? 30% is quite a big discount. Should I get the LZ A7?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #745 of 1,793
So I ordered the Shuoer Tape Pro from Linsoul. I got an order number ending with 8, which allegedly gives me a 30% discount from my next order over $200. Has anyone had these discounts and used them? 30% is quite a big discount. Should I get the LZ A7?
Unfortunately man since the Tape Pro isn't part of the 11-11 sale it doesn't qualify for the lottery... they've got a lot of provisos that way.

Nov 8, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #746 of 1,793
Snagged one!
Me as well, Probably a long wait for my LZ A7 to reach US but at $285 with an aftermarket cable (albeit not sure I'll use it) and as my order ended in "2" a $20 off future credit...I'm happy with the deal.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #748 of 1,793
Me as well, Probably a long wait for my LZ A7 to reach US but at $285 with an aftermarket cable (albeit not sure I'll use it) and as my order ended in "1" a $20 off future credit...I'm happy with the deal.
I’m about to make your day. First, DHL shipping is free for orders over $200 so you’ll get it probably 4 days or so after they ship it out. More importantly, your order ending in 1 means it will be refunded fully. Congrats on your free A7!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back