LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Sep 17, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #151 of 1,793
I agree that faceplate really needs a face-lift (pun intended) - I am against outlandish branding on the earpiece itself...the names takes up almost half of the iem itself!

Sep 18, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #152 of 1,793
That FR...

Keep in mind, that is as flat as you can make it and other filters and pop mode change that considerably. I was going for reference tuning and it comes pretty dang close.

Sep 18, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #153 of 1,793
I haven't had much change time to play around with all the tips or nozzles as I have been getting ready for a trip this weekend. But this has given me a chance to see what the A7 sounds like out of the box. Though it came with the Pop setting engaged I had changed it to monitor and was enjoying it so much I forgot the pop setting was still an option. I have been using the stock faux sony tips and haven't tried tip rolling or anything but one thing I really really like right away - NO DRIVER FLEX. It is always a pet peeve of mine.

Soundwise....all I can say is that I had work at 9 am and I was up till 4:45 am listening to music because I couldn't put the iems down. It was always just "one more song" [spoiler alert: It wasn't only one more song]

Having examined the accessory packing I was delighted to see the variety of ear tips that were included with varying nozzle diameters. Not to mention the filters. God I haven't been this giddy about audio in a while. It honestly is going to be a lot of fun trying out all the different combinations to see the range this baby is capable of!

Why have you done to me @peter123 I thought I slew the dragon and was happy with my humble set up and then the LZ A7 be like:

4fhc5j.jpg

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #154 of 1,793
I haven't had much change time to play around with all the tips or nozzles as I have been getting ready for a trip this weekend. But this has given me a chance to see what the A7 sounds like out of the box. Though it came with the Pop setting engaged I had changed it to monitor and was enjoying it so much I forgot the pop setting was still an option. I have been using the stock faux sony tips and haven't tried tip rolling or anything but one thing I really really like right away - NO DRIVER FLEX. It is always a pet peeve of mine.

Soundwise....all I can say is that I had work at 9 am and I was up till 4:45 am listening to music because I couldn't put the iems down. It was always just "one more song" [spoiler alert: It wasn't only one more song]

Having examined the accessory packing I was delighted to see the variety of ear tips that were included with varying nozzle diameters. Not to mention the filters. God I haven't been this giddy about audio in a while. It honestly is going to be a lot of fun trying out all the different combinations to see the range this baby is capable of!

Why have you done to me @peter123 I thought I slew the dragon and was happy with my humble set up and then the LZ A7 be like:

4fhc5j.jpg

I'm sorry my friend...... but I can't promise it won't happen again :wink:

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #155 of 1,793
Very exciting post, can compete with TOTL?😱

Sep 18, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #156 of 1,793
Very exciting post, can compete with TOTL?😱

In my testing I'll say it is somewhere between Moondrop Blessing 2 and S8 in sound quality and slightly cheaper than blessing 2. These are starting to get dangerously close to things like my JH14s and justifying big spends is getting harder and harder to do.

W

Sep 18, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #157 of 1,793
In my testing I'll say it is somewhere between Moondrop Blessing 2 and S8 in sound quality and slightly cheaper than blessing 2. These are starting to get dangerously close to things like my JH14s and justifying big spends is getting harder and harder to do.

W

Blessing 2 was a bit of a miss for me, imo, I'd choose an LZ-A4 over it 9 days out of 10

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #159 of 1,793
Sep 19, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #160 of 1,793
Has LZ solved the moisture issues? I have an A5 and ever since I had a moisture issue with it (one time only), I baby'd the hell out of it. In other words, it never leaves my house anymore and is strictly confined to home use, which kinda sucks since it's a fun (bassy) IEM. I'm intrigued by the A7 but based on the logo on the faceplate, it might still be confined to home use....

Sep 19, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #161 of 1,793
Has LZ solved the moisture issues? I have an A5 and ever since I had a moisture issue with it (one time only), I baby'd the hell out of it. In other words, it never leaves my house anymore and is strictly confined to home use, which kinda sucks since it's a fun (bassy) IEM. I'm intrigued by the A7 but based on the logo on the faceplate, it might still be confined to home use....

Yes, the moisture issue is finally solved.

Sep 19, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #162 of 1,793
Ok, Damn! Red filter - small bore tips - Monitor mode - L&D AEC201 coupler.

Is this a raw measurement or it's compensated to some target curve? Because it reads quite different to me. I'm assuming it has almost neutral lower mids to bass, a recessed higher mids and very little energy into the treble region (although linear and well extended). Would that be a correct read?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #163 of 1,793
Is this a raw measurement or it's compensated to some target curve? Because it reads quite different to me. I'm assuming it has almost neutral lower mids to bass, a recessed higher mids and very little energy into the treble region (although linear and well extended). Would that be a correct read?
That graph doesnt look like what I am hearing, so I assume it is the raw measurement.

The sub-bass is slightly elevated over the mid-bass but is pretty much neutral. Very even male/female vocals, definitely NOT recessed upper mids. Upper-treble energy is there but not as much as on the LZ A6 (pink filter), so it isnt as airy.

Sep 19, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #164 of 1,793
Still you prefer A6?

Sep 19, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #165 of 1,793
Still you prefer A6?
Dont know yet.

I have only gotten familiar with one out of the 3 configs I like with the A7. And the one I am using right now (Monitor-Red) should be my least liked out of the 3 (still like it enough to make it into S-rank lol).

But I can say that the A7 (Monitor-Red) is a very natural and neutral sounding iem, but at the cost of the unique sound from the A6 but the imaging in it is probably the best out of all my iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back