LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Jan 13, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #677 of 687
In what way? They can be bent back.
It is not LZ only problem. The 2-pin 0.78 also fails. Maybe not as frequent as MMCX, but it fails.

Jan 13, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #678 of 687
It is not LZ only problem. The 2-pin 0.78 also fails. Maybe not as frequent as MMCX, but it fails.
People have had some fail, but they claim it's rare. I got over 20 something iem's that are 2 pin and haven't had a connection problem yet. Maybe you need a cable upgrade if it's not the iem. I got the A6 mini 2pin, and glad I did research before getting it. I hate mmcx.

Feb 28, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #679 of 687
Still A6 is one of the best IEM I've ever owned. still amazed by the sound quality. Is there anything similar on the market in terms of tonality right now?
I was considering getting the Lz AX, but it's a bit expensive for a purchase without auditioning. I've had A7, liked them, they are good in their own way. However, I prefer the A6. I haven't heard such detailed upper frequency reproduction anywhere else

Feb 28, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #680 of 687
Still A6 is one of the best IEM I've ever owned. still amazed by the sound quality. Is there anything similar on the market in terms of tonality right now?
I was considering getting the Lz AX, but it's a bit expensive for a purchase without auditioning. I've had A7, liked them, they are good in their own way. However, I prefer the A6. I haven't heard such detailed upper frequency reproduction anywhere else
IMHO LZ is one of the best tuners of Chi-Fi iem's followed closely by ToneKing :wink: I like the A6, A6 Mini is a stone cold bargain and really enjoy the A7's but the crown jewel for me is still the A4:grin: I know longer have my A6's because I let a good friend hear them and it seems it was love at first listen so I let him have them:v:

LZ Mini 6.JPG

LZA7.JPG

Purrrdy Pairing.JPG

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #681 of 687
followed closely by ToneKing
Thank you for feedback; it was interesting to read.
Regarding the ToneKing model that has a tuning similar to the A6, from what I found, I assume it might be the Toneking T88k?
I've never heard of this brand before, did some internet search, and it seems they have quite a variety of iem, including planar ones.
However, personally I don't consider planar iem for portable use, as it tend to consume too much power.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #682 of 687
Thank you for feedback; it was interesting to read.
Regarding the ToneKing model that has a tuning similar to the A6, from what I found, I assume it might be the Toneking T88k?
I've never heard of this brand before, did some internet search, and it seems they have quite a variety of iem, including planar ones.
However, personally I don't consider planar iem for portable use, as it tend to consume too much power.
I don't recall saying either sounded alike but that they are both great tuners imo. My first Toneking's were the Shockwave III's which gave my old UE EB5's a run for the money on bass and then I got a pair Quad BA T4's but never got the T88's however I do have my fave Toneking to date in the Lucifer's :wink: I'm still itching to pull the trigger on the V10 Agate:yum: Really like his tuning on wood shells:grin: I might add the Music Maker Tomahawk MRZ Bud is solid but needs good juice to produce:thumbsup:

These are really sweet sound wise and visually:beerchug:

Little Devils.jpg

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #683 of 687
And a very close second to my Lucifer's are my beloved TK 9 Tails :beerchug:

M2 Hawk Tail.JPG

On one of my absolute favorite rigs, Shanling house sound right through my transparent RS Tomahawk:wink:

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #685 of 687
IMHO LZ is one of the best tuners of Chi-Fi iem's followed closely by ToneKing :wink: I like the A6, A6 Mini is a stone cold bargain and really enjoy the A7's but the crown jewel for me is still the A4:grin: I know longer have my A6's because I let a good friend hear them and it seems it was love at first listen so I let him have them:v:

Agreed, the A6M is pretty decent - esp. for the sale price I got mine for. The only draw back for me is that I have to use foam eartips otherwise I have to deal with savage driver flex. Even with foamies, I can still "crinkle" the driver under the right conditions
Dunno why, but this seems to be a fairly common issue for me with almost every chi-fi IEM I own…

<edit>
Oh, and the weird feedback/noise issue I get using them with the balanced output of my Hipdac (SE is fine) Maybe a compatibility issue with the piezo driver🤷‍♂️

Mar 3, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #686 of 687
I recently picked up trn bax pro (2BA+1DD+2EST) which is a newer hybrid that i'd say is comparable to lz a6 (4BA+1DD+1PZE). Bax pro has tuning switches which allows to adjust the tonality, similar to lz a6's replaceable filters. Although bax pro is using newer, higher grade drivers, it's more of a sidegrade to a6 rather than an upgrade. A6 comes up slightly more musical, although bax pro has a slight edge in technicalities in terms of even larger staging, detail retrieval, and speed. Both have stand out treble extension which is the highlight for me in these units. A6 has more aggressive low end, while bass is soft and dampened on bax pro. Mids is a bit of a toss up, but a6 does have creamier vocals that stand out more from a track's mix.

A6 is still a killer iem in 2024, with my biggest concern being the moisture issue. Need to frequently kleenex the ear canal or the volume just dies for a while in one side or another and cannot listen to them for long.

thumbnail_20240303_191011.jpg

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #687 of 687
I recently picked up trn bax pro (2BA+1DD+2EST) which is a newer hybrid that i'd say is comparable to lz a6 (4BA+1DD+1PZE). Bax pro has tuning switches which allows to adjust the tonality, similar to lz a6's replaceable filters. Although bax pro is using newer, higher grade drivers, it's more of a sidegrade to a6 rather than an upgrade. A6 comes up slightly more musical, although bax pro has a slight edge in technicalities in terms of even larger staging, detail retrieval, and speed. Both have stand out treble extension which is the highlight for me in these units. A6 has more aggressive low end, while bass is soft and dampened on bax pro. Mids is a bit of a toss up, but a6 does have creamier vocals that stand out more from a track's mix.

A6 is still a killer iem in 2024, with my biggest concern being the moisture issue. Need to frequently kleenex the ear canal or the volume just dies for a while in one side or another and cannot listen to them for long.
Thank you for the comparison. BAX PRO intrigued me; I didnt have any experience with EST drivers until now. Overall, I also bought it.
In general, very interesting IEM with many positive aspects.
However, I still prefer LZ A6 much more. I haven't heard such airiness in the upper range anywhere else. It reproduces all the small details in recordings. The TRN, on the other hand, loses a significant portion, even with the most detailed settings. But its naturalness is impressive. I also didn't like the fit of the TRN because the cable sits straight while the iem angle into the ears, making them feel like they might fall out constantly. In general, I've concluded that I haven't heard anything yet that could surpass A6 in the mid-to-upper range. In my case, the EST driver doesn't bring any significant advantage compared to the piezo driver, which expands the boundaries of the upper range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back