LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Feb 17, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #661 of 687
I like blue nozzle. It sound the most open and airy.
As for tips, everything is very individual. I have tried many of them for 3 years. I used AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC For TWS for a year, its good. And fix it well in the
ear. But myfavorite is Ultimate Ears 900s's tips , its a very soft and hold well.
Thanks, I picked Gold -> Dark Blue -> Light Blue -> Silver. Guess I will have to play with more tips.

Feb 17, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #662 of 687
Think I should revisit the A6. Which nozzle do you use and with which tips?
I didn't get the A7 for the same reasons even the discount was huge.
I was using the ligh blue filter with the foam/cotton mod. The black filter is also very good, but I find the light blue more extended and airy. But nowadays I don't use A6's stock filters anymore. I have bought LZ A7's filters separately at penonaudio.com and I'm using only them to this day. The red and gold ones are my favourites, as the others will sound a bit unnatural and without bass extension. I'm currently using the red filter with Radius Deep Mount tips. The gold filter is also very good, as it has a lot of bite, but I advise to use foam tips or Final Audio E tips with it.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #663 of 687
The A6 are very addictive...I would never depart from them! :yum:

-Clear
Yeah, I own some pieces even 3x the price and I still find the airness of the A6 unmatchable.

Attachments

• 20220217_151150_HDR_1_1_1_1_1jsjs.jpg
    20220217_151150_HDR_1_1_1_1_1jsjs.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 0
Mar 30, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #664 of 687
I was using the ligh blue filter with the foam/cotton mod. The black filter is also very good, but I find the light blue more extended and airy. But nowadays I don't use A6's stock filters anymore. I have bought LZ A7's filters separately at penonaudio.com and I'm using only them to this day. The red and gold ones are my favourites, as the others will sound a bit unnatural and without bass extension. I'm currently using the red filter with Radius Deep Mount tips. The gold filter is also very good, as it has a lot of bite, but I advise to use foam tips or Final Audio E tips with it.
Ok I realized I was using the wrong tips for the A6 and with the new Springtips it sounds kinda of amazing now. Somehow I only find group A filters (10-40kHz) useful and the rest are just for use to feel good to have the options.

Apr 11, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #665 of 687
I have the a6 mini, and bought the a6 filters as well. Do you think the mini can improve with a7 filters as well?

Apr 11, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #666 of 687
Maybe the most important for the A6 is the source. All my USB dongles sound harsh and unatural.
I use a desktop amplifier (good old Marantz SR4220) and the sound is sublime (black filter with foam mod). There is no difference in volume if I press the button or not, so there must be some impedance match, contrary to other DACs.
Just my 2 cents.

Jul 24, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #669 of 687
This set is such a pleasure to listen to. I'm finding it hard to take them off my head! Been on an iem journey as of late (consisted in owning the following... Some these multiple times and some are for sale... u12t/nanna/xe6/phonix/ext/dusk/xban3/CA supermoon/olina/ p1 max/mele/mangird tea/kinera baldr/CA aras/ akg n5005 / jh Roxanne / CA Andromeda /EE legend x se/s12/timeless/z1r/ej07/um mest mk2/jvc fdx1/raptgo hookx/jh v13/ex800st/tin t2/Blon bl05 and 03/kz ks1 and zst/chu)and I'm selling/sold pretty much everything else I have because I'm not missing anything with the lz a6 and also I need to recoup some money from my desktop purchases (benchmark ahb2 and holo may l2),

They align perfectly with my taste. I think these will suffice with the Susvara for now :). I'm pretty happy now but has anyone found an actual sonic upgrade to this set /sound signature?

I use them with radius tips, xinhs graphene cable, modded pink filter for moisture protection, 3m double sided foam tape for mmcx connection issues, chord mojo + fiio m11 ( they have some driver flex issues but it doesn't affect the sound that I perceive)

20220724_025133.jpg

20220724_030537.jpg

ae_1658529956181.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #670 of 687
This set is such a pleasure to listen to. I'm finding it hard to take them off my head! Been on an iem journey as of late (consisted in owning the following... Some these multiple times and some are for sale... u12t/nanna/xe6/phonix/ext/dusk/xban3/CA supermoon/olina/ p1 max/mele/mangird tea/kinera baldr/CA aras/ akg n5005 / jh Roxanne / CA Andromeda /EE legend x se/s12/timeless/z1r/ej07/um mest mk2/jvc fdx1/raptgo hookx/jh v13/ex800st/tin t2/Blon bl05 and 03/kz ks1 and zst/chu)and I'm selling/sold pretty much everything else I have because I'm not missing anything with the lz a6 and also I need to recoup some money from my desktop purchases (benchmark ahb2 and holo may l2),

They align perfectly with my taste. I think these will suffice with the Susvara for now :). I'm pretty happy now but has anyone found an actual sonic upgrade to this set /sound signature?

I use them with radius tips, xinhs graphene cable, modded pink filter for moisture protection, 3m double sided foam tape for mmcx connection issues, chord mojo + fiio m11 ( they have some driver flex issues but it doesn't affect the sound that I perceive)

20220724_025133.jpg
20220724_030537.jpg
ae_1658529956181.jpg
One of the most versatile and "moddable" IEM in the market.
I own a Moondrop S8 now, but these are still shinning with their uniqueness and I also feel that the amount of air these ones moves are very rare hard to find.

Jul 24, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #671 of 687
One of the most versatile and "moddable" IEM in the market.
I own a Moondrop S8 now, but these are still shinning with their uniqueness and I also feel that the amount of air these ones moves are very rare hard to find.

Indeed, it just incredible what these do. You want low/punchy/textured bass, its got it and its got plenty. the mids are very natural, detailed , and presented correctly specially for vocals. Close when it needs to be and far away when its recorded that way. anndddd the treble... essentially you can get high listening to the sparkle on these. This is the one thing that no other iem I have tried can do. Also superb detail, staging, imaging. Not the best/most technical but it has it all and in robes. It sounds huge! like you are in the live stage :).

It just these issues with the connectors, driver flexing, and moisture that messes with it. I really hope they don't die on me.

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #673 of 687
My right IEM stopped working. I believe it is MMCX contact issues because reconnecting and rolling worked for a while.

Any suggestion to get it back working?

Jan 12, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #674 of 687
My right IEM stopped working. I believe it is MMCX contact issues because reconnecting and rolling worked for a while.

Any suggestion to get it back working?
On YouTube go to channel PaPaChou: How to fix mmcx connector. It worked on my Tin t2, but connector keeps falling off on Trn ta1. Once you put a cable on mmcx, you must keep it on cause they're awful. I heard people say mmcx works better on expensive sets, but I don't know. I don't mess with mmcx anymore.

Jan 12, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #675 of 687
On YouTube go to channel PaPaChou: How to fix mmcx connector. It worked on my Tin t2, but connector keeps falling off on Trn ta1. Once you put a cable on mmcx, you must keep it on cause they're awful. I heard people say mmcx works better on expensive sets, but I don't know. I don't mess with mmcx anymore.
0.78 2-pin also fails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back