LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Jul 17, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #422 of 687
Has anyone experienced any driver flex with the A6?
Mine is okay.
I like my A6 very much now and very enjoy it listening Behind Blue Eyes of Limp Bizkit

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #423 of 687
Has anyone experienced any driver flex with the A6?
I get some sort of weird, soft creaking sound in the right earphone when so much as touching the shell lightly. Strangely enough it only happens in the right one.
But I don't know if this is driver flex or some other issue. I noticed that the right shell's nozzle thread isn't machined properly because it squeezes out the nozzle gasket instead of compressing it like in the left shell, so I think the creaking my be related to that.

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #425 of 687
I get some sort of weird, soft creaking sound in the right earphone when so much as touching the shell lightly. Strangely enough it only happens in the right one.
But I don't know if this is driver flex or some other issue. I noticed that the right shell's nozzle thread isn't machined properly because it squeezes out the nozzle gasket instead of compressing it like in the left shell, so I think the creaking my be related to that.
Seems like another build quality issue...it came out of the box with this creaking sound?

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #426 of 687
Seems like another build quality issue...it came out of the box with this creaking sound?
Mine is doing exactly what Poganin described. Out of the box. Plus the right side is not as loud as left. So many things went wrong with A6. Otherwise it'd have been my end game as it sounds brilliantly (well, soundwise I would prefer more midbase slam, and that's something filters cannot help with).

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #427 of 687
Yes. On top of that one shell's outer, flat surface is covered by nasty blemishes on the varnish that completely destroy this IEM's aesthetics. Bad QC overall on my unit.

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #429 of 687
I haven't encountered anything relevant in my 8 months of using. For the problem of one side not being as loud as the other side, it might be because the filter is clogged with wax, or because there is some moisture in the IEM. You might want to try putting the IEM into a little jar filled with rice and come back in a day or two to check the results.
Mine passed the QC test in 2019.04.21, do someone remember theirs?

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #430 of 687
Jul 17, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #432 of 687
Jul 17, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #434 of 687
I haven't encountered anything relevant in my 8 months of using. For the problem of one side not being as loud as the other side, it might be because the filter is clogged with wax, or because there is some moisture in the IEM. You might want to try putting the IEM into a little jar filled with rice and come back in a day or two to check the results.
Mine passed the QC test in 2019.04.21, do someone remember theirs?
Mine says 2019.07.21.
It's not a filter issue. But you say moisture might be in IEM itself? Shall I drown it with nozzle on, or rather take it off and put shell on rice so that rice does not go inside? Sorry if it's a stupid question 😂

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #435 of 687
Mine says 2019.07.21.
It's not a filter issue. But you say moisture might be in IEM itself? Shall I drown it with nozzle on, or rather take it off and put shell on rice so that rice does not go inside? Sorry if it's a stupid question 😂
I'm not sure either. I guess just put a little piece of cloth or foam without a filter would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back