LZ A5
Feb 5, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #606 of 1,177
Last check was £200.xx.... it was 200 plus some pence. This is without any of the voucher codes added so potentially about £5-7 cheaper still

$280 on both AliExpress and amazon for those who are in the US.

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #608 of 1,177
Just in case any one queries my statement

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180205-175826.png
    Screenshot_20180205-175826.png
    643.9 KB · Views: 0
Feb 5, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #611 of 1,177
DAMMIT!!! I'm all ready to buy a new set of IEMs to upgrade from my A4s, I'm heading towards double the price of the A4s, going to go out on Saturday and audition some....and then I see this. What on earth am I supposed to do now?!?!?!
Can anyone comment on perceived soundstage (width and depth) compared to A4s? I'm still chasing that elusive, transporting immersion.
Also, can anyone compare the A5s to Final Audio Heaven V?
Seriously tempted, largely due to love for the A4s and a sense of gratitude and loyalty to LZ.

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #613 of 1,177
hifichris only gave these 3 1/2 stars and audio123 gave it 4 stars. Both reviewers are not afraid to give out 5 stars if warranted. Everyone should read their reviews before purchasing to make sure you can live with them. For me i decided to hold off and wait for something a little nicer to come along.

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #614 of 1,177
With proper build quality (no glue residue), a cable that matches the price better, and improved ~10 kHz, more than 4 stars would be easily warranted. On the technical level, it's a really good in-ear for the price. Strong sub- and lower midbass elevation, but implemented very well - I really applaud that. No midrange bleed at all. Good midrange + lower and middle treble. But the upper treble - not so good. Cymbals don't sound on point. They are rather spread and tend to sizzle. The people at LZ clearly know how to tune an in-ear, so it seems. Else they wouldn't have gone for no front cavity vent (-> sub-bass + lower midbass elevation) in combination with the very cleverly placed rear cavity vent (will give a bit of extra midbass and fundamental warmth that would be otherwise probably lacking a little) that's located in a spot where it is less likely to be blocked by one's ear anatomy. But they should have definitely done better with the upper treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back