LZ A5
Jan 17, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #331 of 1,177
I'm curious as to why people don't like the look? the A5 looks like any other over-ear style IEM to me. Maybe it's the Honda motorcycle logo? As a former Honda owner, I'm a big fan.

But it's pinkish too...:confounded: I find it a bit random to add wings as decoration. I like the design that is reminiscent of the fiio F9 but that has the wavy thing going on. A4 is gorgeous

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #333 of 1,177
In my case, I don't like the logo shape* nor the color in the black model, plus shell seems to be plastic and doesn't help.

EDIT: * And is so big, also...

I'm waiting for A4s for more than a month now and if not for that, I would firmly consider getting A5s
The shells are DEFINITELY all metal. And I thought the logo was pink at first; that turned me off initially. But it actually looks redder in person. Photos don't really do it justice. But the sound is amazin. It's been a long time since I've heard an IEM with so much bass (sub bass) that doesn't obscure the mids or the highs (which 'aren't to hot).

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #334 of 1,177
The shells are DEFINITELY all metal. And I thought the logo was pink at first; that turned me off initially. But it actually looks redder in person. Photos don't really do it justice. But the sound is amazin. It's been a long time since I've heard an IEM with so much bass (sub bass) that doesn't obscure the mids or the highs (which 'aren't to hot).

That has me more exited to hear them than anything else mentioned in this thread.

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #335 of 1,177

One thing doesn't invalidate the other. They can shine their own way and it was just only my personal opinion :)

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #337 of 1,177
Jan 17, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #338 of 1,177
I'm curious as to why people don't like the look? the A5 looks like any other over-ear style IEM to me. Maybe it's the Honda motorcycle logo? As a former Honda owner, I'm a big fan.

Same here, I like that black matte finish which reminds me of the A&D D2's but obviously of higher quality in a metal shell. The Honda logo should be in blue IMO:thumbsup: I'm still lovin' my A4's, as well as my Rockets, R1's, FLC8S, Icarus III's, Master's, P1/PX's, Delta V1/V2's, M1221's, PFE 022's, D2002's, Noble X's, Rose No. 7's, SE215's, SWIII's, Vyrus's and Havi B3P1's!

Not to mention these fine examples of Chinese Budget iem's:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tri-Braid KZ's.JPG

Oops sorry LZ lovers, back on track! I just want to know if the A5 is worth an additional $65 bones over the A4? (Make that the beautiful A4's):wink:

A4 Opy 1.JPG

You see it's post like @ericp10 's that get me deeper in debt around here especially when he ends his favorite iem's signature with the B3 Pro:scream: LOL

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #339 of 1,177
That has me more exited to hear them than anything else mentioned in this thread.

Relative to my other dynamic and hybrid IEMs, I find these to be bass light. Hmm... Sub bass is actually my one criticism at the moment.

Jan 17, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #341 of 1,177
UPDATE:

I just got home and swapped tips... you were right! The seal wasn't as good as I thought it was. Oddly enough, isolation was excellent despite this. I moved up to large, have better bass and can't shake this ridiculous smile off my face now.

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #342 of 1,177
After trying to swap cables and playing with an assortment of tips I've decided to return mine. I'm pretty sure I received a defective set. The connector on one of mine is pretty loose, and after swapping cables it was still loose, so it's on the IEM side. I also noticed that the threads for the filter on the other side was shallow, or had some other issue, because my filter on that side wasn't very secure. Very loose compared to the other side which is perfectly tight. I also hate the cable. You can't make the smallest movements, and the ear hooks are annoying because they don't actually wrap around my ear because of the direction the cables face, and while that can be taken care of by purchasing new cables, that's another $40+ that I didn't need to spend. Mine also had hiss from most sources, which I mentioned a few times in this thread. No one else has had a problem with that, so maybe it was just my defective pair, who knows.

Having said that, the sound is fantastic. The clarity is better than even my favorite AKG K712 Pro. I think it's well worth the price if it weren't for the flaws that mine had.

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #345 of 1,177
Thanks - seems I'm no longer in vogue though. I can't seem to make a front page no matter what I do anymore. Seems to be that you need more noise than signal nowadays to feature. Pretty pictures and excessive prose seem to help ....

(don't mind me - just a little negative toward where the site seems to be going lately) :wink:

Brooko,

I certainly respect your opinions and reviews. So there is another vote for your good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back