LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 5, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #4,831 of 5,225
Look at that! Guess I might be a bit of a treble-head after all :wink:

And yes, it's the reason I always recommend the LZ-A4 as the first step out of IEM "budget" territory. It's such a chameleon, I think it's almost impossible to not to get a sound signature you'd be happy with.

:)

Exactly!

To me, unless you REALLY wanna go all in and spend half a grand, there's nothing better that I've heard. A lot of these chameleon type products require sacrificing quality for versatility, but unless you're desperate for mid forward, the A4s just do it all very well.... IMO.

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #4,832 of 5,225
That's exactly what I did too, to be honest I didn't hear a big difference between the red snd the black, maybe the red had a bit more extension to it while the black was for a bit better bass. But thw blue I really didn't like... From the front, I only like blue and black so far... But maybe I need to play a bit more with them

Even though my favorite is the red-back black-front, there are a lot of owners who like the black-back grey-front (known lovingly as the "Batman" configuration). The Batman will give you an IEM that is much more balanced; it's highlights genres of music. Even though it's a bit flat for my preference (compared to red/black), I can appreciate the increase in sound stage and instrument separation. As a bonus, the bass also becomes faster :)

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #4,834 of 5,225
Once I went red back, I never change to anything else.

There is not enough bass in black or blue for my ears to enjoy.

YMMV

I use the EQ plus app bass boost with black and much prefer that to Red.

That's not really aimed at you, but for people reading this thread in the future thinking about all of this :)

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #4,835 of 5,225
Even though my favorite is the red-back black-front, there are a lot of owners who like the black-back grey-front (known lovingly as the "Batman" configuration). The Batman will give you an IEM that is much more balanced; it's highlights genres of music. Even though it's a bit flat for my preference (compared to red/black), I can appreciate the increase in sound stage and instrument separation. As a bonus, the bass also becomes faster :)

I should probably try that again.... though that and the Comply is probably tooooo veiled for me.

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #4,836 of 5,225

YMMV

YMMV
That's me as well, also I found out that the front blue go really well with back red. I went back to black front because I like the soundstage extention, but thw blue front is good too

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #4,837 of 5,225
That's me as well, also I found out that the front blue go really well with back red. I went back to black front because I like the soundstage extention, but thw blue front is good too

Yup one of my fav combo is red back with blue front. I use it when I have a sudden urge of treble.

Otherwise i go with red back with pink front whenever I want a comforting dark sound. (Which is a crazy combo from what I've hear from others lol but i like it)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #4,838 of 5,225
Yup one of my fav combo is red back with blue front. I use it when I have a sudden urge of treble.

Otherwise i go with red back with pink front whenever I want a comforting dark sound. (Which is a crazy combo from what I've hear from others lol but i like it)
I haven't played much with the filters to bw honest, but I didn't like the pink, it made the sound very quite and I like to listen in high volumes

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #4,840 of 5,225
Oh man the treble on these are so well done! Just absolutely perfect .. my god, sooo good!
I'll reserve judgement until getting some more hours into these but they are so dang coherent compared to the budget iems I've tried lately. The frequencies really connects effortlessly, slightly V-shaped what it seems but soooo well tuned.

I highly recommend either spinfits or spiral dot tips to get the most out of it.

I just tried the SpinFits and while I liked them alot on my RHA T20i they seems to reach deeper on the A4s and for some reason (that would require an ear-doctor to confirm) I loose seal, really weird. I have the spiral dots on order from japan but they won't reach me before christmas :frowning2:

I just find the suction cup thing that all non-foam does kills me. And the comfort is kinda night and day compared to any silicon, plasticy stuff.

I'm somewhere inbetween here, the silicons that came with the (above mentioned) T20i's was some of the most comfortable silicone-tips I ever tried and I also like the SpinFits but most others I have tried gives me the itch .. litterally. I will look into getting an extra pair of foamies tough.

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #4,843 of 5,225
That's exactly what I did too, to be honest I didn't hear a big difference between the red snd the black, maybe the red had a bit more extension to it while the black was for a bit better bass. But thw blue I really didn't like... From the front, I only like blue and black so far... But maybe I need to play a bit more with them

Thanks for your posts as I've been happy with the kz zs5 for close to 2 months and it renewed my joy for IEMs, so much so that I was interested in something in the sub100eu or the lz A4.
Enjoying the 15eu zs5 so much and I find it difficult to pull the trigger as I have everything I need so far.

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #4,844 of 5,225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back