LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 12, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #4,606 of 5,225
So, I had my AliExpress cart filled with a Svara-Red, a Tin Audio T1, and a Auglamour RT1, but then I started saying to my self:
"What are you doing?! You have been wanting an LZ-A4 since they came out! So quit buying sub $60 IEMs and get yourself an LZ-A4!"

So I emptied my cart, and shopped around for an excellent deal on the A4....
I ended up getting it from the AliExpress Penon Audio Store, along with the $40 8 Core Silver-Plated MMCX Upgrade cable...
Total for all (after coupons and store discounts) was only $172.60
Normally it would have cost $220 for this package.
Oh yeah! :)

Anyway, in the end; it is costing me about $60 more then the Red,T2, and RT1 would have cost all together..

Someone please tell me I made the right decision??

I'm sure I did, but I have to say I was pretty nervous hitting the buy now button..

Nov 12, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #4,607 of 5,225
So, I had my AliExpress cart filled with a Svara-Red, a Tin Audio T1, and a Auglamour RT1, but then I started saying to my self:
"What are you doing?! You have been wanting an LZ-A4 since they came out! So quit buying sub $60 IEMs and get yourself an LZ-A4!"

So I emptied my cart, and shopped around for an excellent deal on the A4....
I ended up getting it from the AliExpress Penon Audio Store, along with the $40 8 Core Silver-Plated MMCX Upgrade cable...
Total for all (after coupons and store discounts) was only $172.60
Normally it would have cost $220 for this package.
Oh yeah! :)

Anyway, in the end; it is costing me about $60 more then the Red,T2, and RT1 would have cost all together..

Someone please tell me I made the right decision??

I'm sure I did, but I have to say I was pretty nervous hitting the buy now button..
You take a extremely good decision believe me and with a 8 core cable for just $172 it is a deal breaker, i shop nothing on this 11.11 because I have A4 ,

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #4,608 of 5,225
You take a extremely good decision believe me and with a 8 core cable for just $172 it is a deal breaker, i shop nothing on this 11.11 because I have A4 ,

I jumped the A4 band wagon too on 11/11, but without the cable upgrade. Will it make such a difference? I didn't pay much notice to cables since I used to play in the sub $50 IEM league and didn't expect that much of a change, but now I got myself a Dragonfly Red and a LZ A4, it might get interesting...

Nov 12, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #4,609 of 5,225
The real draw of the lz-a4 is the SQ/tuning profiles. I have more expensive hybrids that can bring the party but lz-a4 will always have ear time because they are a joy to listen to.

I forgot, I wanted to make a comment about stock cable vs upgrade/3rd party... but in the end it don't matter because you still get to enjoy your lz-a4 fully regardless. Buy a different cable if yours break. You're not missing out on much.

Buy a DAP or a good amp if you throw money around. My take.

Nov 12, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #4,610 of 5,225
Agreed. That feature alone pretty much ensures you getting the sound signature you personally want.

In my experience, the stock cable breaks easily. I had 2 of them, both one side sometime gets disconnected. I bought another 6N cable from ak audio in aliexpress as it has this earhook/earguide to the cable which is really nice.

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #4,611 of 5,225
I jumped the A4 band wagon too on 11/11, but without the cable upgrade. Will it make such a difference? I didn't pay much notice to cables since I used to play in the sub $50 IEM league and didn't expect that much of a change, but now I got myself a Dragonfly Red and a LZ A4, it might get interesting...

Probably not much of a difference if any...Although I read a few times of issues with the included A4 cables splitting and/or fraying, so I figured that it was only like $13 extra for a $50 cable, so I jumped on it! :)

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #4,612 of 5,225
Some peoples don't believe that a cable do effect on sound quality but honestly i believe so you could be happy with stock cable, stock cable is also very good and light weight ,
I suggest yet you don't think about the upgrade cable ,

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #4,614 of 5,225
The real draw of the lz-a4 is the SQ/tuning profiles. I have more expensive hybrids that can bring the party but lz-a4 will always have ear time because they are a joy to listen to.

I forgot, I wanted to make a comment about stock cable vs upgrade/3rd party... but in the end it don't matter because you still get to enjoy your lz-a4 fully regardless. Buy a different cable if yours break. You're not missing out on much.

Buy a DAP or a good amp if you throw money around. My take.

Thanks for this reply...
So awesome to hear this about the A4! :)
I have an Ibasso DX50 DAP so I think that should be sufficient for the LZ-A4?
It drives my DT880 Pro 250Ohm headphones to very loud volumes, so I'm sure it will be beautiful on the A4...
Or do you recommend an amp as well?

Nov 13, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #4,615 of 5,225
Thanks for this reply...
So awesome to hear this about the A4! :)
I have an Ibasso DX50 DAP so I think that should be sufficient for the LZ-A4?
It drives my DT880 Pro 250Ohm headphones to very loud volumes, so I'm sure it will be beautiful on the A4...
Or do you recommend an amp as well?

The A4 is very easy to drive so there's definitely no need for an amp with them.

Even my low power output phone (Galaxy S8 Exynos ) has more than enough power for it.

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #4,616 of 5,225
Has there been any reports on clones/fakes, just realized that I didn't take notice of which store I bought them from (just went with "best price") and ordered them from a "banned" store.

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #4,617 of 5,225
Has there been any reports on clones/fakes, just realized that I didn't take notice of which store I bought them from (just went with "best price") and ordered them from a "banned" store.

Haven't heard about any fakes. I wouldn't worry about it considering where you bought it.

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #4,618 of 5,225
Don't worry , that was banned for some other reasons otherwise the store is very trustable and only sell the original products ,

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #4,619 of 5,225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back