LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 6, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #4,576 of 5,225
I have been eyeing the A4s for some time, hoping to find a good deal on 11.11, does this problem affect function/sound?
Should I look elsewhere?

From what I read the A4s is a magnificent set of IEMs and I'm hoping that they will be a proper upgrade coming from the pair of RHA T20 I'm currently enjoying very much (if anyone have some experience with those and have the heart to share a quick comparison, I'd be grateful. For the record I mostly use them with the black filter since I feel that has the most natural mid-range).
You will be never wrong with A4 and as for loose connection it never effect on the sound and i don't that all batches have this issue my A4 is absolutely perfect with all my aftermarket cables ( only one cable has this issue so its mean the problem is in the cable not in the A4)

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #4,577 of 5,225
I have been eyeing the A4s for some time, hoping to find a good deal on 11.11, does this problem affect function/sound?
Should I look elsewhere?

From what I read the A4s is a magnificent set of IEMs and I'm hoping that they will be a proper upgrade coming from the pair of RHA T20 I'm currently enjoying very much (if anyone have some experience with those and have the heart to share a quick comparison, I'd be grateful. For the record I mostly use them with the black filter since I feel that has the most natural mid-range).

You cannot go wrong with it, I do not have issue also with aftermarket cheap balanced cable for my wm1a. In terms of sq, it is the top 1 of what I currently have. lz a4 > it03 > kz zs5 > kinera h3 and have xba-a3 coming and see if it tops the lz.

Nov 6, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #4,578 of 5,225
Should I look elsewhere?

Hi Herrwallen, I want to make sure that no mistake or misunderstand is made here. There are potentially some issues with the cable itself, but only because of the way I wear them and only because of normal wear and tear. This IEM is by no means reflective of my recent troubles -- everything you read in this thread previous with reviews and comments are 100% true -- these LZ-A4 are fantastic. Bang for buck wise it is as good as it gets imo.

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #4,579 of 5,225
I came from the RHA MA750 and the difference was really substantial

Thank you for the mini-comparison, I think that it is pretty relevant even though it's not the exact model, the MA750 and the T20 seems to share genes/house-sound.
Initially I considered the MA750s but a friend recommended the extra cash for the T20s as they where similar but "better in every respect". I haven't been disappointed my T20s, very competent for the price but I'm starting to get the upgrade-itch :D

only one cable has this issue so its mean the problem is in the cable not in the A4

I do not have issue

There are potentially some issues with the cable itself

The thing that got to me was that all of a sudden these "issues" popped up out of nowhere, just as I was starting to find something that really seemed like a excellent purchase.. Happy to hear that it only seems to be related to cables, those are easy to change.
Very grateful for you swift input here!

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #4,580 of 5,225
Thank you for the mini-comparison, I think that it is pretty relevant even though it's not the exact model, the MA750 and the T20 seems to share genes/house-sound.
Initially I considered the MA750s but a friend recommended the extra cash for the T20s as they where similar but "better in every respect". I haven't been disappointed my T20s, very competent for the price but I'm starting to get the upgrade-itch :D

My understanding about the 750 and T20 sharing a house sound was exactly why I didn’t get the Ts when I decided to upgrade, as I wanted something different, even though I am a MASSIVE fan of RHA as a company, they do so much right in terms of build quality and customer service .

In that sense, the extra refinement I got from the LZ A4 was exactly what I’d hoped. I definitely don’t think you’ll be disappointed, and from everything I’ve read, they offer great value for money vis a vis the competition.

In terms of build quality I'd also add I’ve always found them really great. I reckon frequently changing iem cables is a sure way to wear components out, and it’s not something I’ve done, I bought one after-market cable and stuck with it. Fits great and the connections have always felt solid as a rock.

The thing that got to me was that all of a sudden these "issues" popped up out of nowhere, just as I was starting to find something that really seemed like a excellent purchase.. Happy to hear that it only seems to be related to cables, those are easy to change.

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #4,581 of 5,225
Mine have no issues yet, Daily drivers and couldn't be happier for the price. Amazing value I think.

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #4,582 of 5,225

also A5 is coming soon ,

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #4,583 of 5,225
I ordered the A4's last week, andy shipping says they'll be delivered on Thursday. I'm so excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas, haha.

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #4,584 of 5,225
I ordered the A4's last week, andy shipping says they'll be delivered on Thursday. I'm so excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas, haha.
I'm sure you'll love the A4. It's more v-shaped than 9tail but great detail, really immersive sound.

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #4,589 of 5,225
Thanks @crabdog! I'm really anxious to listen to them. In your opinion, are they a fairly big upgrade over the nine tail?
Yes, it's on another level. Can't wait to learn more about the A5 with its improved ergonomics.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #4,590 of 5,225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back